• Feb 16th, 2013 5:44 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 10, 2010
76 posts
13 upvotes

[Mobilicity] Mobilicity 50% OFF ALL PLANS. Limited time offer is back

Mobilicity 50% OFF ALL PLANS! Limited time offer is back again.

Limited time offer and available to new activations only. Receive 50% off $25/$35 regular rate plans for 6 months or $45/$55 regular rate plans for 12 months while customer is on automatic monthly payments (preauthorized credit/ debit payment). Taxes are extra.

http://mobilicity.ca/plans/
159 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
3488 posts
163 upvotes
Pickering, ON
12 months for the 2 higher priced plans.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
16774 posts
3103 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I've missed out on so many deals due to being an existing customer, they need to throw us a bone now and then.
Feb 19, 2012
487 posts
74 upvotes
Montreal
So bad no Montreal

I need one for Montreal.. > :(
Mar 14, 2009
189 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
How is the service in GTA? Is the reception good for voice and data connections? Thanks.
Jun 18, 2008
851 posts
53 upvotes
boon1 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2012 2:18 pm
How is the service in GTA? Is the reception good for voice and data connections? Thanks.

My buddy lives beside Warden subway station and he gets no reception in his basement. He has to sit on his porch to send and receive texts, and inside his house he only gets 2g data (edge).
Mar 14, 2009
189 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
choch wrote:
Nov 1st, 2012 2:32 pm
My buddy lives beside Warden subway station and he gets no reception in his basement. He has to sit on his porch to send and receive texts, and inside his house he only gets 2g data (edge).
wow, that bad? The offers are quite attractive. As long as the reception are good "on the road" or on 1st level then I'm good and may consider this deal.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
3320 posts
482 upvotes
Living in the City is great for reception (in my experience), but once you leave the area it starts to struggle.
You will notice a difference between the big 3 and Mobilicity / Wind, but its palatable given the price.

Correction: New activation only.
Ebay - 168 - 0 - 0
Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 79 - 0 - 0
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2007
2655 posts
164 upvotes
sweet time to renew the plan i applied for last year!
Mar 14, 2009
189 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
goat wrote:
Nov 1st, 2012 3:01 pm
Living in the City is great for reception (in my experience), but once you leave the area it starts to struggle.
You will notice a difference between the big 3 and Mobilicity / Wind, but its palatable given the price.

Note that there's a $15 fee for switching plans if you're a current customer.
No, I'm not existing Mobilicity customer. Any idea of any fee for porting my number to Mobilicity? and is there any activation fee?
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
16774 posts
3103 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
boon1 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2012 2:18 pm
I've never had any problems anywhere, reception was better than I got with Rogers in a lot of places.
Banned
Jan 26, 2011
762 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
boon1 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2012 3:06 pm
No, I'm not existing Mobilicity customer. Any idea of any fee for porting my number to Mobilicity? and is there any activation fee?
No fee for porting, unless your current carrier imposes a fee for breaking your contract. There's also no activation fee, although if you're not buying a phone you will have to pay for a sim card ($20).

Mobilicity's coverage, like Wind's, is still spotty. You may find that you have no signal in your house, even on the first or second floor. There are several areas in the GTA which are advertised as covered but you might find that the signal doesn't penetrate through the walls into your home or apartment.
WARNING: I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR NON DEAL POSTERS. CHECK OUT MY RFD T-SHIRT. I AM THE DEAL MASTER.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2005
2853 posts
9 upvotes
I wish my rogers contract was up =(. i want data
Banned
Jan 26, 2011
762 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
Also, be advised that your speeds are capped at around 2Mb/s, and they will remain at or below that speed unless you pay an extra $20 a month for premium data. I was with Mobilicity for 2 years and it worked relatively well for me at my office, but when traveling around the city you'll find that the data is unusable in many places.
WARNING: I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR NON DEAL POSTERS. CHECK OUT MY RFD T-SHIRT. I AM THE DEAL MASTER.
Mar 6, 2004
139 posts
20 upvotes
ok so with rogers i can get lte data for $30 a month? and with mobilicity i can get unlimited data $10 and premium data for $20 a month = same price as rogers but at least there network works as good as rogers and is just as big.
× < >