• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2013 5:44 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
12928 posts
804 upvotes
Called 611 and they say there is a Canada wide data outtage.

can someone verify something with me. I signed up a few months ago when they had the BTS promo running. I said I wanted unlimited talk/text/data which was I believe $25+ what ever miscellaneous fees associated with it. I've been checking my statements and the total comes out to $40.xx Is that right? I don't have a paper bill and trying to sign up to their online account the system doesn't recognize my number. lolwut?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2004
4713 posts
252 upvotes
Coquitlam
cobalt wrote:
Nov 1st, 2012 11:34 am
ok so with rogers i can get lte data for $30 a month? and with mobilicity i can get unlimited data $10 and premium data for $20 a month = same price as rogers but at least there network works as good as rogers and is just as big.
did you forget the voice plan?
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
MY EBAY FEEDBACK
Banned
Jan 26, 2011
762 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
cobalt wrote:
ok so with rogers i can get lte data for $30 a month? and with mobilicity i can get unlimited data $10 and premium data for $20 a month = same price as rogers but at least there network works as good as rogers and is just as big.
20gb of slow data on Mobilicity vs. 6gb of fast data on Rogers.

In all honesty you probably wouldn't even be able to reach 20gb of data in a month with Mobilicity's slow data speeds.
WARNING: I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR NON DEAL POSTERS. CHECK OUT MY RFD T-SHIRT. I AM THE DEAL MASTER.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
3250 posts
451 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
Called 611 and they say there is a Canada wide data outtage.

can someone verify something with me. I signed up a few months ago when they had the BTS promo running. I said I wanted unlimited talk/text/data which was I believe $25+ what ever miscellaneous fees associated with it. I've been checking my statements and the total comes out to $40.xx Is that right? I don't have a paper bill and trying to sign up to their online account the system doesn't recognize my number. lolwut?

Their website is so terrible
There is a data outage across Canada

Are you sure you signed up for the $25 plan? There was a $35 BTS plan as well.
Ebay - 168 - 0 - 0
Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 79 - 0 - 0
Dec 21, 2010
73 posts
22 upvotes
Edmonton
For Edmonton, the service is outright terrible and spotty. Had to cancel the service due to so many dropped calls (same experience as the one person who mentioned that they were hardly getting a signal in their basement).

Bottom line. although the big three are priced higher, they do provide much better coverage than mobilicity/wind (dollar store variant companies). You get what you pay for.....

BTW, for both business or home, I have a total of three fones (chatr, telus, and fido).
All three have been solid throughout my travels across Alberta.

Best bet is either chatr (run by Rogers) (phone selection is terrible though) or fido (run by Rogers), since telus can get pricey.

Koodoo (telus company) and Virgin Mobile (Bell) also provide very good signals throughout the edmonton core.

BOTTOM LINE- for those in edmonton, stay away.... google "mobilicity reviews"
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2481 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
Just called in. They wont change plan for existing customers. How annoying. Cant be bothered to cancel and resign on.
303 posts
37 upvotes
jkimchi wrote:
Nov 1st, 2012 12:08 pm
For Edmonton, the service is outright terrible and spotty. Had to cancel the service due to so many dropped calls (same experience as the one person who mentioned that they were hardly getting a signal in their basement).

Bottom line. although the big three are priced higher, they do provide much better coverage than mobilicity/wind (dollar store variant companies). You get what you pay for.....

BTW, for both business or home, I have a total of three fones (chatr, telus, and fido).

Best bet is either chatr (phone selection is terrible though) or fido, since telus can get pricey.

I think Koodo/Virgin would be good options as well. Their plans are generally better/cheaper than Fido/Rogers/Bell/Telus.
Dec 5, 2005
939 posts
64 upvotes
Woodbridge
blueshirtss wrote:
Nov 1st, 2012 12:36 pm
I think Koodo/Virgin would be good options as well. Their plans are generally better/cheaper than Fido/Rogers/Bell/Telus.
+1 for Koodo. I had Moblicity and their data sucks. I am happy with Koodo. I pay more but i get the service that i need.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
3437 posts
148 upvotes
Pickering, ON
ShylocK wrote:
Nov 1st, 2012 12:33 pm
Just called in. They wont change plan for existing customers. How annoying. Cant be bothered to cancel and resign on.
If you go to a non-corporate store, they may be able to help you out. At least, that's what they told me months ago when I got my Galaxy Nexus.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
2607 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa
Deafmented wrote:
Nov 1st, 2012 11:19 am
There's also no activation fee, although if you're not buying a phone you will have to pay for a sim card ($20).
In my experience, many dealers are willing to offer a SIM card at a reduced price or even for free with an in-store activation. Yesterday, I got a free SIM card with activation from FTA Tronix here in Ottawa.
Sep 9, 2012
534 posts
85 upvotes
Edmonton
jkimchi wrote:
Nov 1st, 2012 12:08 pm

Best bet is either chatr (phone selection is terrible though) or fido, since telus can get pricey.

I live in Edmonton near the university area and I get 3-4 bars outside and 1-2 in basements/malls.

I've had the service since July and had no problems whatsoever. My only complaint is that the data is slow (capped at 2 mbps). For speedtests i get around 1.5 down and .8 up.
Mar 19, 2010
303 posts
37 upvotes
Coppertone2005 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2012 12:49 pm
+1 for Koodo. I had Moblicity and their data sucks. I am happy with Koodo. I pay more but i get the service that i need.
Same here. I had Wind before and switched to Koodo.
Wind data was actually good for me, but the annoying part was my friend would be trying to call me while standing right in front of me, and i wouldn't receive the call (even though my phone's on "4G" full bars).
Dec 21, 2010
73 posts
22 upvotes
Edmonton
imkinger wrote:
Nov 1st, 2012 12:58 pm
I live in Edmonton near the university area and I get 3-4 bars outside and 1-2 in basements/malls.

I've had the service since July and had no problems whatsoever. My only complaint is that the data is slow (capped at 2 mbps). For speedtests i get around 1.5 down and .8 up.
FYI for a review sample on mobilicity: http://www.cellphones.ca/cell-plans/car ... obilicity/
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
11338 posts
755 upvotes
Mississauga
blueshirtss wrote:
Nov 1st, 2012 2:16 pm
Same here. I had Wind before and switched to Koodo.
Wind data was actually good for me, but the annoying part was my friend would be trying to call me while standing right in front of me, and i wouldn't receive the call (even though my phone's on "4G" full bars).
Wind has this issue eh?

Whiel mobi's dropped calls are ridiculous.
HEATware |

[shortened link removed]
× < >