Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Mobilicity

Mobilicity 50% OFF ALL PLANS. Limited time offer is back

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2013 5:44 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 18, 2006
542 posts
62 upvotes
Deal has been extended - no end date is specified on the website. I plan on porting over before this ends. Any current customers know if there are any referral bonuses at the moment? Also, is there a way to avoid having to pay $20 for a sim card? I'll be bringing my own phone.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
4413 posts
1557 upvotes
Referral Bonus is only valid if you buy one of their phones. Since you're bringing your own phone, no referral

Plus it's only a $10 bonus, so meh.
Ebay - 340 - 0 - 0 | Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0 | Grailed - 126 - 0 - 0
Poshmark and Styleforum Feedback as well
Banned
Jan 26, 2011
762 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
noob666 wrote: i am not sure if you are telling the truth if you are in Markham

i have never lost any signal or data and i am living in Markham as well

if you like to pay triple the price that's find but Wind/Mobi is amazing
There are many factors to consider. What works for you might not work for someone else. Mobilicity has weak building penetration. If the signal is garbage in someones house, they're going to tell people that the service is useless.
WARNING: I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR NON DEAL POSTERS. CHECK OUT MY RFD T-SHIRT. I AM THE DEAL MASTER.
Nov 16, 2012
9 posts
1 upvote
dealguy1 wrote: Deal has been extended - no end date is specified on the website. I plan on porting over before this ends. Any current customers know if there are any referral bonuses at the moment? Also, is there a way to avoid having to pay $20 for a sim card? I'll be bringing my own phone.
I would recommend going to a Corporate store. They will not charge you for a new Sim card. Also there is a referall bonus where the referee gets a $10 credit to their account and the referall gets a $10 dollar credit to their account.

The website is Http://www.mobilicity.ca/referafriend
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1767 posts
4502 upvotes
Pawtucket
For those that managed to take advantage of the Koodo S2x deal and rooted their phones, I would recommend flashing the T-Mobile UVLH1 radio. For me, I find the reception is much better and data speeds are faster at least in the Greater Vancouver Area. If it doesn't improve, try other radios until you find one that works best for you.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1895400
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1764 posts
349 upvotes
Vancouver
With the likes of Wind Mobile and Mobilicity, is one able to sample the coverage quality of the carrier with a temporary cell phone number for X-number of days, and then when decided, then port their current number to that carrier?? or does one have to port their current number right away when signing up with the carrier?
Oct 18, 2006
542 posts
62 upvotes
stryfe604 wrote: I would recommend going to a Corporate store. They will not charge you for a new Sim card. Also there is a referall bonus where the referee gets a $10 credit to their account and the referall gets a $10 dollar credit to their account.

The website is Http://www.mobilicity.ca/referafriend
Thanks. How do I know which ones are corporate stores? The store locator on the website only has "Mobilicity Store", "Authorized Dealer", "Authorized Service Centre" and "Retailer" shown. I had previously asked at both a Mobilicity Store and Authorized Service Centre and they both said the sim card was $20...
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1767 posts
4502 upvotes
Pawtucket
dealguy1 wrote: Thanks. How do I know which ones are corporate stores? The store locator on the website only has "Mobilicity Store", "Authorized Dealer", "Authorized Service Centre" and "Retailer" shown. I had previously asked at both a Mobilicity Store and Authorized Service Centre and they both said the sim card was $20...

I just signed up last week at a kiosk in the mall and they only charged me $10 plus tax for the sim card.
Nov 16, 2012
9 posts
1 upvote
artofwar wrote: With the likes of Wind Mobile and Mobilicity, is one able to sample the coverage quality of the carrier with a temporary cell phone number for X-number of days, and then when decided, then port their current number to that carrier?? or does one have to port their current number right away when signing up with the carrier?
From my understanding, if you want to take advantage of a promotion it would have to be ported right away. Also if you want to try out your plan and phone for a week there are restrictions. Like 30 minutes of calling and such like that. You will get a full refund though. Keep in mind this is from Mobilicity, not so sure about Wind.
Nov 16, 2012
9 posts
1 upvote
dealguy1 wrote: Thanks. How do I know which ones are corporate stores? The store locator on the website only has "Mobilicity Store", "Authorized Dealer", "Authorized Service Centre" and "Retailer" shown. I had previously asked at both a Mobilicity Store and Authorized Service Centre and they both said the sim card was $20...
I would just call the store directly. I live in Vancouver, and here we only have one corporate store which is on Broadway and Cambie. I didn't pay for my micro-sim and I came in with an Unlocked Note 2.
May 18, 2011
19 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Hey everyone, I am an exisiting customer with Mobilicity right now and wondering if anyone knows a dealer willing to apply this promotion to exisitng customers?

Thanks in adv
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2008
2793 posts
933 upvotes
noob666 wrote: i am not sure if you are telling the truth if you are in Markham

i have never lost any signal or data and i am living in Markham as well

if you like to pay triple the price that's find but Wind/Mobi is amazing
It really depends on what area of Markham.

I'm around Woodbine/16th and the reception is great. I never get cut off. The reception gets worse and worse as you travel east. I get no reception at my buddy's place near Bur Oak and Mccowan.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
2280 posts
991 upvotes
Toronto
Vietlord wrote: I agree, I went a small African movie rental shop that was an authorized Mobilicity dealer.
I already had an existing plan and number, yet he was able to bend the rules around for me, let me keep the same number and I got the 50% off my plan, +the discount for linking your credit card for monthly payments. I now pay under $18 for unlimited talk/text/data. I always keep $10 in my roaming account incase I need it. Signal is pretty good in Ottawa though, it's just the Orleans area that suffers, but I'm never in Orleans.

I also got a free sim, I ended up somehow frying the sim, and he gave me another one for free.
Can anyone please elaborate on "the discount for linking your credit card for monthly payments"? Thanks.
Aug 28, 2011
294 posts
33 upvotes
Calgary
Anyone know how the reception and call quality is around the Country Hills area here in Calgary? I live on the second floor of a condo.

I might switch from Wind if the reception is good enough.
Aug 26, 2009
352 posts
7 upvotes
Brampton
hey when you go to the site what do they mean by Light Data??

Also hows the service in brampton? thanks
Jul 5, 2009
178 posts
52 upvotes
Vancouver
andrew4321 wrote: Can anyone please elaborate on "the discount for linking your credit card for monthly payments"? Thanks.
They had a promo before where you get $2 off your plan per month if you had preauthorized payments with your credit card.
Another promo was the $25 back to school promo. The plan was $35 but if you have credit card linked it took off $10 per month I believe.
rexplosive9 wrote: hey when you go to the site what do they mean by Light Data??

Light data only - *Includes Social Networking + Email or BBM + Email
So can't really download things. Don't think you can even browse. Pretty crappy IMO

On another note, is this 50% promo going to be their holiday deal? Was hoping for their BTS plans to come back.
Sep 23, 2010
65 posts
28 upvotes
Montreal
The most similar plan I was able to get is whit public mobile, I unlimited, voice ,text data , province wide for 25$/mo for 20 months , but this this offer expired at the end of black friday, still i needed to get they're most expensive cell phone to make it worthwhile the unlimited data..
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2012
1924 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
According an email from Mobi staff, existing customers will hv a promo for them in January.

"Dear ___,

Thank you for your email inquiry regarding switching from your current rate plan to our 50% off promotional plan.

Our 50% off promotional plan is for new activations only. We will be offering a similar competitive offer in January for our existing customers, this will be available between Jan 10th - 17th. To get this offer you will need to be registered to automatic monthly payments and will be subject to a plan change administration fee. Full details will be available between those dates.

If you have any further questions, you may contact Customer care at 1-877-866-2458 or *611 from your handset between the hours of 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday to Friday and 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday

Sincerely
Julie
Mobilicity eCARE
Now that’s Smart"
Jul 10, 2010
79 posts
15 upvotes
rexplosive9 wrote: hey when you go to the site what do they mean by Light Data??

Light data - don't go this way in any circumstances - pretty crappy service.
Basic data up to 2mbs, ok

I noticed, driving all around GTA, good quality service in Mississauga,Brampton,Etobicoke. As for Brampton, good overall except eastern part of their coverage [Mississauga Rd/Queen].No problems out of coverage area - roaming works very good, when in US my phone was on T-Mobile network all the time [voice call 20c/min CHEAP]