• Feb 16th, 2013 5:44 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 15, 2012
132 posts
8 upvotes
89fenix wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 8:13 pm
If you're fine with the coverage of Mobi and the slower data (it's light data - which means you can't do much: "Includes Social Networking + Email or BBM + Email") then you would make up that $220 in less than 5 months.
So I wouldn't be able to browse the internet or use GPS?
Fees - would need a phone that is compatible with the network. Also, need a sim card (should be free if you buy a phone from them).
Promo - $20 referral credit.
How do I find out if my phone is compatible with their network? I use an HTC Desire Z.
Jul 5, 2009
146 posts
39 upvotes
Vancouver
CWolfCW from mobilesyrup forum:
"It won't work. Different frequencies. However, the T-Mobile G2 is said to work. Rogers, Bell, and Telus use the HSPA/UMTS 850/1900 bands. Mobilicity, Wind, etc. use 1700/2100."

No browsing I don't think. Not sure about GPS. Someone correct me :)
Oct 15, 2012
132 posts
8 upvotes
89fenix wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 8:45 pm
CWolfCW from mobilesyrup forum:
"It won't work. Different frequencies. However, the T-Mobile G2 is said to work. Rogers, Bell, and Telus use the HSPA/UMTS 850/1900 bands. Mobilicity, Wind, etc. use 1700/2100."

No browsing I don't think. Not sure about GPS. Someone correct me :)
Yeah, no browsing/GPS would kill the deal for me. I don't use much data volume, but I do use my data frequently. Add $20/month for premium data and I'm right back where I started with my Bell plan after 6 months, but without SPC and with way worse coverage and reception.
Oct 15, 2012
132 posts
8 upvotes
89fenix wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 1:09 am
More info about your gps
http://androidforums.com/desire-support ... -data.html
old posts - don't know if things changed

Have you looked at Wind's deal?

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/wind-bts ... a-1272812/
I'd have to pay extra for VM and nationwide calling (family lives outside of GVRD).

Also it looks like my phone (HTC Desire Z) isn't supported, according to:

1) http://ihacked.ca/windmobile-mobilicity ... le-phones/ (2010)
2) http://ihacked.ca/windmobilemobilicity- ... mate-list/ (2011)

I can't really afford a new phone right now. Guess I'll stick with Bell.
Nov 6, 2009
538 posts
28 upvotes
does unlocked iphone 4 work with mobilicity for data and phone?
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2007
2557 posts
374 upvotes
sonajatt wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 7:06 am
does unlocked iphone 4 work with mobilicity for data and phone?
No. Also she does not work under Wind too
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2011
1810 posts
336 upvotes
Vancouver
Was in-store today and they said the offer is for new-activations only.

Strange because I made sure to check the fine-print and swear that last night when I read it on their website, it didn't mention new-activations only. Which is why I ignored the previous offer because I had noticed it was for new-activations only. So between last night and today they updated the website.

Oh well, just means I'm more likely to switch to the Petro-Canada Mobile deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2007
2557 posts
374 upvotes
mofesto wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 3:24 pm
Was in-store today and they said the offer is for new-activations only.

Strange because I made sure to check the fine-print and swear that last night when I read it on their website, it didn't mention new-activations only. Which is why I ignored the previous offer because I had noticed it was for new-activations only. So between last night and today they updated the website.

Oh well, just means I'm more likely to switch to the Petro-Canada Mobile deal.
It was mention that they will have something for us, users in January. I ask because I wanted a longer term, special, as what they are offering for new activators.
May 26, 2008
548 posts
43 upvotes
When is the deal for existing customers coming out? I heard its for only a week in janruary
Oct 25, 2012
13 posts
EDMONTON
redboy69 wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 6:49 pm
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1332

Give them all a try and see which one works best for you. I use Liquidsmooth RC7 as my daily driver with the Nibbles Kernel and UVLI1 radio. This combination works best for me for performance and battery life but your results may differ because your location is different than mine. Slim Bean is also really good too but both are AOSP roms. If you prefer Touchwiz roms, try any of the JEDI roms.

Just read the flashing instructions carefully for each ROM and depending on which recovery you use, you may need to use Darkside Wipe/cache. TWRP is usually recommended but I use CWM 6.0.1.5 and have had zero issues with any of the roms plus I don't need to use the Darkside scripts.

Just remember before you flash anything...BACKUP YOUR CURRENT ROM in case you do something wrong so you can restore your old one.
I installed cm10 and UVLI1 and that made my phone one nice looking phone but people started having issues in hearing me. I now got Jedi Mind Trick installed and reception is probably close to normal. I took it to Wind store today but apparently it won't work on wind network either. I still see same networks that I used to see before (Telus, rogers and some thing like BMC or so), no mobi no wind :(
May 14, 2004
825 posts
391 upvotes
Vancouver
icon20 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 10:07 am
When is the deal for existing customers coming out? I heard its for only a week in janruary
50% off plan for existing customers start Monday Jan 14. I confirmed with the service rep at the Cambie corp store when I was there Thur night to return the loaner phone. He does not have any detail if it's for a year or not. He said the best is to call customer service, no need to drop by the corp store.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2001
1535 posts
503 upvotes
Toronto
Here in the GTA , I found Wind data was slow, most of the time I was getting less than 500kb/sec. The only time I would get over 1Mb, was early in the morning before people started using the network.
With Mobilicity, I'm getting 2mb almost all the time. It's a smaller coverage area compare to wind, but I can live with it, since I get .5 hr free north american roaming with my plan.
89fenix wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 8:13 pm
If you're fine with the coverage of Mobi and the slower data (it's light data - which means you can't do much: "Includes Social Networking + Email or BBM + Email") then you would make up that $220 in less than 5 months.

Fees - would need a phone that is compatible with the network. Also, need a sim card (should be free if you buy a phone from them).
Promo - $20 referral credit.
Sep 15, 2008
865 posts
1607 upvotes
Pawtucket
teal85 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2013 4:44 pm
I installed cm10 and UVLI1 and that made my phone one nice looking phone but people started having issues in hearing me. I now got Jedi Mind Trick installed and reception is probably close to normal. I took it to Wind store today but apparently it won't work on wind network either. I still see same networks that I used to see before (Telus, rogers and some thing like BMC or so), no mobi no wind :(
Try a different radio and see if your reception improves. You should not have any problems with using it on Wind. My brother has the same phone as me and he is with Wind using Liquidsmooth RC9 with the TLLG2 radio. He can make/receive calls with no issues.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
1685 posts
30 upvotes
wranglery wrote:
Jan 12th, 2013 5:24 pm
50% off plan for existing customers start Monday Jan 14. I confirmed with the service rep at the Cambie corp store when I was there Thur night to return the loaner phone. He does not have any detail if it's for a year or not. He said the best is to call customer service, no need to drop by the corp store.
Been waiting was this patiently...Was almost about to cancel today and sign up as a new customer. Guess I can wait till Monday.
× < >