• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2018 10:39 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7224 posts
1080 upvotes
ManCaveGamer wrote:
Nov 25th, 2017 2:57 pm
WTF Rogers? They just raised 3 of our Chatr plans from $15/mo to $20/mo now, that's an extra $15 a month for us now... can't even afford any data addon anymore
THe the way the market is going. Dont like it? Leave. Doubt you can find anything else cheaper.
Apr 14, 2006
314 posts
163 upvotes
I found something cheaper :)

Keep up with the CCTS complaints though, you'll get some compensation. Rogers really should not have been allowed to buy Mobilicity.
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
248 posts
65 upvotes
I got the call from Chatr "Office of the President"
Was offered $60 which I declined as the only solution is for them to honor the "Rate for Life"

I was told that Mobilicity gave them a list with accounts that did have the "Rate for Life" and that I was not on the list.

I think this is BS as I think everyone that was with Mobilicity had rate for life guarantee.
I told him that I think they made a mistake and that they should investigate
I was told there would not investigate.

So, how many people do have the "rate for life"?

I asked how many people are on that list of "rate for life" customers
Rogers guy told me "that is confidential" and would not give an answer.

The attitude of the guy on the phone was
"Take it or leave it, I really don't care, I'll just pass on a message the CCTS"
.. and they know that CCTS really does not do anything about "policy issues"
Last edited by elcheapoh on Nov 30th, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 10, 2011
890 posts
423 upvotes
Vancouver
cal653 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2017 11:03 pm
I found something cheaper :)

Keep up with the CCTS complaints though, you'll get some compensation. Rogers really should not have been allowed to buy Mobilicity.
Did you find someone cheaper for a 6GB plan? If so, please share...

For those arguing that there's no rate for life now because Mobilicity is gone...

(A) Not gone, bought out by Rogers and renamed

(B) Rogers already admits there are some customers on the rate for life list

"Office of the President" is just a mask to say "THIS IS OUR FINAL ANSWER" and there's no other channel to pursue for another answer. They want you to stop persisting on a better deal. Of course, there's nothing to say that you must stop. They only want you to have the feeeeeling that it's the end of the road.

You can still say "No" to their quick and measly offer and it will be be recorded as UNRESOLVED and show up in their statistics continuously. I'd rather that than a miniscule offer. They'll call back or you'll be getting another kind of offer. down the road.

Don't leave because you're dissatisfied! They would love to dump all those cheap Mobilicity users.

But.... that's not their agreement with the CRTC and federal government. Rogers did NOT propose.. "We want this spectrum and eliminate a competitor in the process and get rid of, or upgrade, their customers over the next 2 years "
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
248 posts
65 upvotes
I wonder if there is an option for a class action lawsuit.
That would send a message
Apr 14, 2006
314 posts
163 upvotes
Sign me up for the class action and keep up with the complaints to CRTC and CCTS.

Excellent point RX Mills... for all intents and purposes Mobilicty has just been renamed.

In the end I got tired of Rogers. If they don't want my money fine....I'll take it elsewhere after I got compensated by CCTS of course. I am not a super heavy data user...mainly just browse websites so its likely they were making money from me even with the lower rates.

I jumped shipped to Freedom's $50 5-8GB Unlimited Voice / Data Everywhere plan. Stacked with a 35% Friend and Family discount brings it down to $32.50 per month.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
2537 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto
I guess that I have a rate for life since they didn't increase my monthly rate ($25). But they did increase my per minute rate.

I expect that they still make money on me. They probably wish that I continued as a subscriber at this rate rather than lose me.

(I would ditch Rogers if I were not a bargain hunter. Half of my house doesn't have a signal. In Toronto!)

PS: if you want to roam outside Rogers, get a new SIM. They will charge you $10+tax but you can phone to get an account credit for $10 (without tax, I think). I wanted a free one so I didn't upgrade and I had lots of problems on a trip to the US.
Apr 10, 2011
890 posts
423 upvotes
Vancouver
cal653 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 5:56 am
Sign me up for the class action and keep up with the complaints to CRTC and CCTS.

Excellent point RX Mills... for all intents and purposes Mobilicty has just been renamed.

In the end I got tired of Rogers. If they don't want my money fine....I'll take it elsewhere after I got compensated by CCTS of course. I am not a super heavy data user...mainly just browse websites so its likely they were making money from me even with the lower rates.

I jumped shipped to Freedom's $50 5-8GB Unlimited Voice / Data Everywhere plan. Stacked with a 35% Friend and Family discount brings it down to $32.50 per month.
I'm so jealous of your deal. Brilliant timing for your switch too. I wish I could go back in time to grab that deal.
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
248 posts
65 upvotes
Rogers rep says that only SOME people have lifetime plans.

When you go through CCTS remind that of this

From the CEO's mouth himself

All of our rate plans are grandfathered.
Everyone know that?
So if you buy a rate plan X today
You'll get that rate plan forever.
Until you stop paying or something happens
To you, not us.
So, if you're on our $40 plan you get that plan forever.

This means that everyone should have lifetime rate guarantee
HowardForums/Mobilicity Vancouver forum meet 2011
Apr 10, 2011
890 posts
423 upvotes
Vancouver
Every Mobilicity package plan was a rate for life. As long as you were an auto payment customer I think.

Every Mobilicity customer should remember that Rogers did not just purchase Mobilicity's assets in a liquidation sale.

The Canadian government did not allow this and held out for a deal where everyone would benefit. You are one of the beneficiaries of that hold out.

Rogers purchased the Mobilicity company, assets, customers, etc.

As a result, there was a continuation of responsibilities. Don't allow Rogers to reneg on their agreement. Just say 'no'.
Apr 18, 2014
23 posts
8 upvotes
I got the call today, agreed to the $ 35 as I did not have much time to be with him on the phone.
Dear ... ,

Further to our conversation on December 4, 2017, regarding the incident number mentioned above, we would like to confirm that:

· A credit of $35.00 was applied on your Chatr account.

Please note that we will advise the CCTS that the complaint has been resolved to your satisfaction.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at 1-866-397-3436 extension 7437, from Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. (EST).

Regards,

Dominique Charbonneau
Case Manager – Executive Response
Office of the President
800 de la Gauchetière Street West, Suite 4000
Montreal, QC H5A 1K3
*d.charbonneau@fidomobile.ca
1.866.397.3436 ext. 7437
Apr 10, 2011
890 posts
423 upvotes
Vancouver
ionbostan wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 10:44 pm
I got the call today, agreed to the $ 35 as I did not have much time to be with him on the phone.
Thanks for the details. Most may do the same though I wish we didn't.

UPDATE: I didn't take the one-time $30 credit offer. The complaint then officially went to the CRTC as unresolved by the provider.

After that, Chatr/Rogers seemed to retaliate by giving me several days of no-service periods. I never had that before. So, I guess I'm a black-mark on their customer satisfaction ranking.

Eventually I'll probably switch over to Freedom anyway, but I'm eager to hear the CRTC panel's response after they review my paperwork.

If there's anybody else in my category, please let me know. It would be great to exchange progress reports.
Apr 8, 2007
610 posts
165 upvotes
I got the same offer from Charboneau. I turned it down.
Elevated it to CCTS. They did a preliminary investigation and told me that CHATR was within their rights to raise rates with 30 days notice.
CCTS has no access to my initial rate for life contract with mobilicity (neither do I).

Is there somewhere in writing that with the merger, those rate plans were guaranteed for life when Rogers took over?
Any advice? I'm happy to keep fighting this. Just need to know where to go from here. Was anyone successful?
Apr 8, 2007
610 posts
165 upvotes
Apparently some grandfathered plans are on a special secret list. But chatr won't tell how people got on the list. Apparently I'm not on it. Was anyone successful in getting their old grandfathered plans re-instated? Did rogers not promist the CRTC that they would honour existing contracts and plans?
Apr 10, 2011
890 posts
423 upvotes
Vancouver
ipassgas wrote:
Jan 18th, 2018 3:25 pm
I got the same offer from Charboneau. I turned it down.
Elevated it to CCTS. They did a preliminary investigation and told me that CHATR was within their rights to raise rates with 30 days notice.
CCTS has no access to my initial rate for life contract with mobilicity (neither do I).

Is there somewhere in writing that with the merger, those rate plans were guaranteed for life when Rogers took over?
Any advice? I'm happy to keep fighting this. Just need to know where to go from here. Was anyone successful?
I also disputed it and said 'no'. I did supply my screen prints from Mobilicity account screens and invoices. Also, I supplied Mobilicity ads. I haven't heard back yet from the CRTC.

Did you not do that?

You have to supply them with something, otherwise they absolutely have the right to raise rates anytime. However, I do believe that, with sufficient proof, they do have to maintain grandfathered rates.