• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2018 10:39 pm
Apr 10, 2011
890 posts
423 upvotes
Vancouver
Aryagorn wrote:
Jan 18th, 2018 8:18 pm
So they didn't change the unlimited province talk/NA text messaging/ 6GB data for $25? Damn that's a hot deal. Even though the data is only at 3G speed, the Rogers network is reliable, especially compared to a carrier like Freedom
Yes, the $25 deal was very popular. The $29/$30 deal was great too because it included N. A. long distance, global text, etc. I was on that one.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
12266 posts
1043 upvotes
Mississauga
RxMills wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2018 2:41 pm
Yes, the $25 deal was very popular. The $29/$30 deal was great too because it included N. A. long distance, global text, etc. I was on that one.
The black friday $15 talk/text + $10 6GB offer was superb and it happened after Rogers had taken over. I think it would have been more riskier for them to change rates without folks complaining that it was all under Rogers ownership.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
5654 posts
1139 upvotes
Toronto
Chatr sent me a survey to fill out two months after I left 🧐
Apr 8, 2007
610 posts
165 upvotes
I sent them a newspaper ad, but that's all I had. All my contracts were apparently on line only and they removed access when they took over mobilicity.
Did you complain to CRTC or CCTS?
CCTS doesn't sound like they are very helpful.

RxMills wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2018 2:36 pm
I also disputed it and said 'no'. I did supply my screen prints from Mobilicity account screens and invoices. Also, I supplied Mobilicity ads. I haven't heard back yet from the CRTC.

Did you not do that?

You have to supply them with something, otherwise they absolutely have the right to raise rates anytime. However, I do believe that, with sufficient proof, they do have to maintain grandfathered rates.
Apr 10, 2011
890 posts
423 upvotes
Vancouver
ipassgas wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2018 5:39 pm
I sent them a newspaper ad, but that's all I had. All my contracts were apparently on line only and they removed access when they took over mobilicity.
Did you complain to CRTC or CCTS?
CCTS doesn't sound like they are very helpful.
I followed the same process but haven't heard anything yet, after declining the $30 bribe.

Initially, I did submit invoice copies. Mobilicity had online pdf files for billings.

I'm pretty sure I'll still meet the same fate as you.

So, next, we go through the same process again, but try to add something new this time - Don't just copy-paste the exact same old stuff. Insist that you had a contract relationship with Mobilicity and the Chatr c/s dept said that agreements were being preserved.

Most of us will probably move over to Freedom eventually. I just love to keep poking Mr. Big with the Mobilicity pin to remind them that they're not going to get off so easy on that cheap Spectrum purchase without fulfilling their other commitments.

I wonder if we could submit a freedom of info request to the federal government regarding internal letters submitted by Rogers to the federal government to convince them to approve the sale.

All we need is one document from Rogers that implies that they were preserving rates and this would turn into a great story about corporate dishonesty, greed, deceit, eliminating competitors, trampling on the poor, etc.

Maybe a newspaper would pickup the story and dig up those documents.
Apr 14, 2006
314 posts
163 upvotes
Thank you guys for the updates. Keep up the good fight :)
Apr 10, 2011
890 posts
423 upvotes
Vancouver
cal653 wrote:
Jan 24th, 2018 2:48 pm
Thank you guys for the updates. Keep up the good fight :)

CRTC Response to Chatr Overcharging Mobilicity Customers:

"Please note that due to a high volume of complaints, we are experiencing longer delays in processing files. We are working to resolve this issue and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

Not any more inconvenience than being overcharged by Chatr/Rogers by $5 (and then $10 then $15...) per month.

Please continue to help the CRTC understand the errors that are taking place at Chatr.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1266 posts
352 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I have the $15 BF along with the $10 6GB data addon.

I am still paying $25/month.

Am I on the "rate for life" plan?

On the other hand, my folks had their plans bumped up to $20/month. They don't speak English, so I don't think they are aware that Chatr even called.
Apr 8, 2007
610 posts
165 upvotes
AsianXL wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 12:53 pm
I have the $15 BF along with the $10 6GB data addon.

I am still paying $25/month.

Am I on the "rate for life" plan?

On the other hand, my folks had their plans bumped up to $20/month. They don't speak English, so I don't think they are aware that Chatr even called.
Looks like you are.
CCTS was useless. They closed my complaint. They contacted Chatr who claims that there is no "List" of rate for life plans. They claim that the details of the merger aren't under their authority to investigate. They sent me the following letter.
This email is to confirm what we discussed during our conversation today February 2nd, 2018.

After analyzing both parties’ positions, we’ve determined that no further investigation is warranted.
Consequently, we have proceeded to close your file further to Section 9.1 (d) of our Procedural Code.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at my toll-free number below.
Thank you for contacting the CCTS.
Aug 8, 2012
133 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote:
Aug 12th, 2016 12:54 am
One thing that has been seriously overlooked by most (and Rogers is mostly to blame since they don't disclose this in the plan summary -- you have to click on "pay-per-use rates" link/fine-print) is that roaming/out-of-zone data is not even an option on some plans. So even if you have the $80 auto-payment bonus, you can't use it to pay for data when roaming. For example, here's my $25 and $35 offers, which both offer 6GB of data at 3G:

However notice that within the fine-print, the "Data" sections of the "pay-per-use rates" are different:

So $25 plan seems significantly worse than the $35 plan since you will never be able to have data outside the "home zone"
Anyone with the $25 plan able to confirm they don't have data outside the home zones? I'm thinking of purchasing this plan for $200 but the last thing I'd need is the gps data to stop working in the middle of the highway
Apr 10, 2011
890 posts
423 upvotes
Vancouver
Symbol87 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2018 12:23 pm
Anyone with the $25 plan able to confirm they don't have data outside the home zones? I'm thinking of purchasing this plan for $200 but the last thing I'd need is the gps data to stop working in the middle of the highway
Why not just use the offline maps feature of google maps and always keep your offline maps up-to-date? Then you use no data when you roam.

After my NO on the Chatr $30 onetime bribe, I'm still getting monthly CCTS emails saying "we're really busy but haven't forgot you".

I'm still happy that I paid $30 to find out, to draw it out, and to voice my disagreement.
Feb 18, 2018
2 posts
2 upvotes
Chiming in here because I'm in the same boat. I was on the 30 dollar Mobilicity plan, and have collected and provided as much proof as I could to the CCTS. I've been in correspondence with them and Chatr since maybe November. I think you're all doing great and we should keep hammering them to honor our plans. I would like to remind you guys that once you accepted the Chatr plan when migrating from Mobilicity, they sent you a text message confirmation.
My Chatr Plan n Price as of JULY 30th ACCEPTED with TEXT MESSAGE VERIFICATION.PNG
Don't let them muscle us out. Provide evidence, call, complain, and we'll win.
Mobilicity Breakdown.jpg
Apr 8, 2007
610 posts
165 upvotes
I haven't won. I've lost.
CCTS basically dismissed my complaint.
Chatr won. We lost.
(and so did I, because ultimately, I refused the $30 bribe (x 2 accounts).
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
1839 posts
459 upvotes
Ottawa
ipassgas wrote:
Feb 20th, 2018 10:07 pm
I haven't won. I've lost.
CCTS basically dismissed my complaint.
Chatr won. We lost.
(and so did I, because ultimately, I refused the $30 bribe (x 2 accounts).
wow. this turned out so different compared to the Public Mobile price increase.