Cell Phones

Mobilicity vs. WIND Mobile - The Great Debate!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2016 11:57 am

Poll: Which carrier are you currently subscribing to?

• Total votes: 567. You have voted on this poll.
WIND Mobile

43%
Mobilicity

31%
Other

26%
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
3743 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
How is Mobi's 4G? Can anyone review? I want to get their data stick.
May 2, 2009
60 posts
5 upvotes
For Wind sign-ups, assuming NO phone purchase, is there a SIM card charge as is the case (officially) with Mobi ($20)?
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2006
4676 posts
434 upvotes
Toronto
julesomar wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2012 11:20 am
For Wind sign-ups, assuming NO phone purchase, is there a SIM card charge as is the case (officially) with Mobi ($20)?
Yup, $25 for Wind SIM.
Nov 2, 2012
3 posts
Is it reasonable to assume Wind will come out with another holiday plan for Christmas?
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2006
4676 posts
434 upvotes
Toronto
parasocks wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2012 12:39 pm
Is it reasonable to assume Wind will come out with another holiday plan for Christmas?
I'd say yes.
Aug 21, 2005
131 posts
62 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
tr!xxy wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 7:53 pm
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/wind-mob ... a-1253656/

^Courtesy of icemasta, WIND's holiday plans are released :D
Those aren't so great compared to last years unlimited call/text within Canada and also unlimilted data for $29/month. I got that plan last year and it's coming to and end so I'm thinking about switching to Mobilicity since they're "unlimited" plans are half off right now.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2521 posts
85 upvotes
smd wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 8:37 pm
Those aren't so great compared to last years unlimited call/text within Canada and also unlimilted data for $29/month. I got that plan last year and it's coming to and end so I'm thinking about switching to Mobilicity since they're "unlimited" plans are half off right now.
if you get the 2 cheap plan of mobi, it's only 6 months 50% off and the more expensive one is for one year

but i believe wind plans are for life

but i do agree the $29 is the better value plan
It's a deal if it's on RFD :!: :!:
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2006
4676 posts
434 upvotes
Toronto
smd wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 8:37 pm
As you said it was only for 1 year then it jumps to $45 which then makes the new Unlimited Wish plans a no brainer to switch too.
Aug 21, 2005
131 posts
62 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
icemasta wrote:
Nov 19th, 2012 9:08 am
As you said it was only for 1 year then it jumps to $45 which then makes the new Unlimited Wish plans a no brainer to switch too.
What is this "unlimited wish" plan you speak of? Is it the new $40 offer that's basically the same as last year's $29 offer?
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2008
1768 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
smd wrote:
Nov 20th, 2012 2:06 am
What is this "unlimited wish" plan you speak of? Is it the new $40 offer that's basically the same as last year's $29 offer?
did you not read his post? It's not the same because the price doesn't change after 1 year
© 2015
Nov 25, 2011
422 posts
60 upvotes
201-8 Sampson Mews, …
Would love to hear some experiences of data speeds for Wind in downtown Toronto?

I have been with Mobilicity for over a year. Absolutely no problens with service, signal or anything. I have recommended them to friends. That said, in terms od data speed they have got to be the worst network out there. This led me to consider leaving but, knowing they were upgrading to 4G this year I stayed. I just signed up for the $20 premium data to see how it was. Previously I would get a download speed of around 0.3 to 1.1 MB a sec. Now I van get close to 3 MB but it doesnt last long at that speed and often slips down to the old speeds anyway. So basically I am payinh the extra money for nothing.

My phone is 4G compatible and Ive seen people with the same one getting >20 MB on theirs.

So if Wind can do better Ill join them. I think this is the only major flaw with Mobilicity. Be interested in other peoples experidnces with data speeds on there...
Aug 21, 2005
131 posts
62 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
junot111 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2012 3:09 am
did you not read his post? It's not the same because the price doesn't change after 1 year
I did read the post. I meant in terms of features.

In any case, I just got a text today from Wind saying that the $29 plan has been extended so it's a moot point now since the main reason I was thinking of switching was the $29 plan was coming to an end.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2521 posts
85 upvotes
michty6 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2012 9:22 pm
Would love to hear some experiences of data speeds for Wind in downtown Toronto?

I have been with Mobilicity for over a year. Absolutely no problens with service, signal or anything. I have recommended them to friends. That said, in terms od data speed they have got to be the worst network out there. This led me to consider leaving but, knowing they were upgrading to 4G this year I stayed. I just signed up for the $20 premium data to see how it was. Previously I would get a download speed of around 0.3 to 1.1 MB a sec. Now I van get close to 3 MB but it doesnt last long at that speed and often slips down to the old speeds anyway. So basically I am payinh the extra money for nothing.

My phone is 4G compatible and Ive seen people with the same one getting >20 MB on theirs.

So if Wind can do better Ill join them. I think this is the only major flaw with Mobilicity. Be interested in other peoples experidnces with data speeds on there...
i was at downtown 2 weeks ago and i have my data on HSPA+ (which i think it's 4G)

the download speed is around 8MB, i am getting around 2-3 when it's on normal network
It's a deal if it's on RFD :!: :!:
Nov 11, 2012
876 posts
111 upvotes
Mississauga
I got the S3 on WIND about a month ago and so far it's been great. Got the $29 unlimited everything deal on the last day too. Only thing that I have found to be a problem is the covered areas. I was in Oakville in a area (friend's house) that is said to be covered on WIND's site. It was literally like 2 blocks off Dundas and all of Dundas is covered to Niagara Falls yet it said roaming. I was in a basement so I figured it may have had no service and switched to roaming, but even when I went upstairs and outside it still didn't say WIND home. I just put it in my pocket so I don't get charged anything and data roaming was off anyway, but it eventually switched back when I got to my house. I have hear similar stories of WIND's coverage areas no actually being covered. They seem to be expanding quickly tho so hopefully in the next few months once they add more towers these areas actually will be covered. What I found to be the most ironic is they have a WIND store only a couple km away from my friends house lol. Not much good selling plans in a area that isn't covered.
× < >