Cell Phones

Mobilicity, WIND Mobile or Virgin Mobile Supertab? Please Help.

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2010 11:01 am
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2010
4344 posts
382 upvotes
Mississauga

Mobilicity, WIND Mobile or Virgin Mobile Supertab? Please Help.

I am currently thinking about getting a plan and im getting very confused for which provider i should go with. The plans that I am looking at are all $15 plans, which fill my needs. So far the most appealing one is the WIND $15 plan which gives me 100 province wide minutes which is basically as much as I need, however i am still thinking about the Mobilicity plan as well. For the Virgin Mobile Supertab, i am not exactly sure about it because i still have not fully understood what they are trying to do lol I am very confused. Can someone explain to me please? I am VERY confused.
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 13, 2005
5147 posts
5847 upvotes
Montreal
KINGJAMES WITNESS 23 wrote: For the Virgin Mobile Supertab, i am not exactly sure about it because i still have not fully understood what they are trying to do lol I am very confused. Can someone explain to me please? I am VERY confused.
Virgin Mobile Supertab similar to Koodoo Tab system. Every month, they will give you 10% of your bill to pay for your phone... and you either have to stay with them until the phone is paid off or you have to pay the full unpaid amount if you want to quit them...

For cheap phone, the tab system works but for expensive phone like iPhone the tab system is very bad...

For example, the iPhone 4 32GB...

Full price = $769.99
3 years contract price = you pay advanced $269.99
SuperTab = you pay advanced $269.99 + SuperTab $500 (deduct 10% every bill)

So if you only have $15 plan ==> 10% = $1.5 ==> with Supertab system you have to pay $500 / $1.5 a month = 333 months = 27.8 years lol...

http://www.virginmobile.ca/vmc/en/phone ... -list.html
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
You can still save some money with the supertab, you won't have to pay full price for a phone... it'll still be partly subsidized over time.

Wind and Mobilicity doesn't subsidize phones but they do have a range of fairly cheap phones available since neither offer contracts.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2010
4344 posts
382 upvotes
Mississauga
X360 wrote: Virgin Mobile Supertab similar to Koodoo Tab system. Every month, they will give you 10% of your bill to pay for your phone... and you either have to stay with them until the phone is paid off or you have to pay the full unpaid amount if you want to quit them...

For cheap phone, the tab system works but for expensive phone like iPhone the tab system is very bad...

For example, the iPhone 4 32GB...

Full price = $769.99
3 years contract price = you pay advanced $269.99
SuperTab = you pay advanced $269.99 + SuperTab $500 (deduct 10% every bill)

So if you only have $15 plan ==> 10% = $1.5 ==> with Supertab system you have to pay $500 / $1.5 a month = 333 months = 27.8 years lol...http://www.virginmobile.ca/vmc/en/phone ... -list.html

Thanks for your help. LOL wow by the time i finish paying off for an iphone 4, there will probably be an iphone 20 or something lmaooo
Jan 26, 2009
420 posts
204 upvotes
KINGJAMES WITNESS 23 wrote: Thanks for your help. LOL wow by the time i finish paying off for an iphone 4, there will probably be an iphone 20 or something lmaooo

Go to the Punjab Festival today in Brampton You can get plans for the first 6 months for 50% off and the huwaei bar for 35 and huawei touch for 45( u7519)
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2010
4344 posts
382 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks guys for all your help, but i actually passed all three companies and went with chatr $35 unlimited plan, while also purchasing a rogers prepaid samsung corby plus for $70 which i can use on chatr :)
Jan 26, 2009
420 posts
204 upvotes
KINGJAMES WITNESS 23 wrote: Thanks guys for all your help, but i actually passed all three companies and went with chatr $35 unlimited plan, while also purchasing a rogers prepaid samsung corby plus for $70 which i can use on chatr :)

You went with Rogers. I hope most people don't go with Chatr, support the new kid wind/mobilicity/public mobile/, cause once Chatr starts stealing Wind's customers, Wind/ mobi/ go bankrupt. We are all back to square one, Rogers pulls of Chatr, the big 3 jack up prices, RFD'ers start crying that they are paying too much. Just can't wait till this day happens, I will dig this post up and laugh/cry/ my ass off.

P.S I'm not psycho, I am drunk hehe
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2010
4344 posts
382 upvotes
Mississauga
ChampUz wrote: You went with Rogers. I hope most people don't go with Chatr, support the new kid wind/mobilicity/public mobile/, cause once Chatr starts stealing Wind's customers, Wind/ mobi/ go bankrupt. We are all back to square one, Rogers pulls of Chatr, the big 3 jack up prices, RFD'ers start crying that they are paying too much. Just can't wait till this day happens, I will dig this post up and laugh/cry/ my ass off.

P.S I'm not psycho, I am drunk hehe

Mob/wind/public have limited coverage around many areas. Since Chatr is Rogers, it uses the rogers towers which covers more than double the areas the other 3 do.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)