57 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2007
6975 posts
648 upvotes
Toronto
wilsonlam97 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2012 3:57 pm
It's a virtual paypass card for phones like the Galaxy Nexus! It works anywhere with paypass.
Since it hasn't been officially allowed, will you still get zero-liability protection?
Banned
Jan 19, 2009
2301 posts
98 upvotes
enjoy having your personal data robbed.

i wouldn't trust anyone expect google to directly give me this feature.
Banned
Jan 19, 2009
2301 posts
98 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Aug 1st, 2012 4:19 pm
But It's "Google" Wallet.
its official when google says "canadian devices are eligible" and OTA an update to the phone or OEM release the feature.

until then using back methods developed by some pimply kid in his moms basement is asking for id theft.
Jul 31, 2012
4 posts
BURLINGTON
Dina_E wrote:
Aug 1st, 2012 4:22 pm
its official when google says "canadian devices are eligible" and OTA an update to the phone or OEM release the feature.

until then using back methods developed by some pimply kid in his moms basement is asking for id theft.
I think the danger is only in them closing up the spoof that lets this work. All the google wallet stuff is still done through google, you add your cards online (they autoadd the one you use in the play store). The only "hack" used is that you spoof an american network. And if you think google is sending unencrypted credit info over cellular you're nuts. It's all done backend in their servers now, so there's nothing to steal. The new revision processes every transaction as a "google wallet purchase" while google pays the merchant themselves, that's why they can connect to pretty much any credit card now.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2007
6975 posts
648 upvotes
Toronto
george__ wrote:
Aug 1st, 2012 4:35 pm
This reminds me NFC
By the way, do those BMO NFC stickers actually need to be used with a phone, or is it just a ghetto way of making a phone NFC-compatible?
Jul 31, 2012
4 posts
BURLINGTON
xalex0 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2012 5:07 pm
By the way, do those BMO NFC stickers actually need to be used with a phone, or is it just a ghetto way of making a phone NFC-compatible?
I think ghetto, just NFC tags. Super sketchy that they did that.
Jul 31, 2012
4 posts
BURLINGTON
Has anyone made a payment yet with gWallet? I got the $10 but I'm not sure if it works everywhere here or not. I'm hoping tim's.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43189 posts
3035 upvotes
Toronto
benstinks wrote:
Aug 1st, 2012 5:27 pm
Has anyone made a payment yet with gWallet? I got the $10 but I'm not sure if it works everywhere here or not. I'm hoping tim's.
One way to find out!
I think It only works If you link your CC. But I think the $10 credit on GWallet Is for the US stuff or the Google Store?
× < >