Fashion & Apparel

Modcloth is owned by Walmart!

  • Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2017 12:33 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 14, 2005
10419 posts
1354 upvotes
City of Vancouver

Modcloth is owned by Walmart!

ModCloth is an American online retailer of indie and vintage-inspired women’s clothing...

In March 2017, ModCloth was acquired by Jet.com, a subsidiary of Walmart. (source: wikipedia)

This is an abomination!
15 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2848 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
Errr, how so?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 5, 2016
1842 posts
82 upvotes
I don't even know who or what is Modcloth but I'm mad as hell.

Image
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 14, 2005
10419 posts
1354 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Some people do not want to support Walmart or their bottom line. A lot of these ppl are hipsters. A lot of hipsters shop at modcloth.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2848 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
Show of hands of the hipsters on RFD???
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 13, 2009
13174 posts
2682 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
didn't even know who this mobcloth was but went online and copped a cardigan.

thanks for the tip OP.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3374 posts
360 upvotes
Richmond Hill
nasa is a female? i would've never guessed
If you like me, i will like you back, on this forum
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 5, 2016
1842 posts
82 upvotes
yesstyle wrote:
May 5th, 2017 2:19 pm
nasa is a female? i would've never guessed
this is the internet. a world of pure imagination
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 14, 2005
10419 posts
1354 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Check out this link if u need a quick visual for what ppl look for on modcloth:

http://wwzdw.com/tag/modcloth/
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 20, 2012
9564 posts
806 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
yesstyle wrote:
May 5th, 2017 2:19 pm
nasa is a female? i would've never guessed
Haha, men buy cardigans too. Yes, lil Billy... there are male cardigans. https://goo.gl/HpNdmm

However, I've noticed over the years - more often than not - user accounts are used by more than one person. Say bf/gf or husband/wife etc. So it's possible the gf or spouse, whatev's logged in and made that comment. I've noticed one particular font has like 3 users. The daughter appears to be the primary user then other times the user sounds like an old man and/or his wife in their 60's. Weird.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 14, 2005
10419 posts
1354 upvotes
City of Vancouver
It reminds me of how the Weston family owns Selfridges and Holt Renfrew, while also owning Primark and Loblaw's Joe Fresh. If ppl had Primark or Joe Fresh on their ban list (which they don't, but could due to Bangladesh factory collapse incident or whatever), they wouldn't like how they'd still be supporting the Weston family by shopping unknowingly at their other businesses).
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 13, 2009
13174 posts
2682 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
No I'm the only one using my shit. You're getting 100% pure nasa25
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 5, 2016
1842 posts
82 upvotes
aznnorth wrote:
May 6th, 2017 2:12 pm
Haha, men buy cardigans too. Yes, lil Billy... there are male cardigans. https://goo.gl/HpNdmm

However, I've noticed over the years - more often than not - user accounts are used by more than one person. Say bf/gf or husband/wife etc. So it's possible the gf or spouse, whatev's logged in and made that comment. I've noticed one particular font has like 3 users. The daughter appears to be the primary user then other times the user sounds like an old man and/or his wife in their 60's. Weird.
Sounds like communism.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3374 posts
360 upvotes
Richmond Hill
aznnorth wrote:
May 6th, 2017 2:12 pm
Haha, men buy cardigans too. Yes, lil Billy... there are male cardigans. https://goo.gl/HpNdmm

However, I've noticed over the years - more often than not - user accounts are used by more than one person. Say bf/gf or husband/wife etc. So it's possible the gf or spouse, whatev's logged in and made that comment. I've noticed one particular font has like 3 users. The daughter appears to be the primary user then other times the user sounds like an old man and/or his wife in their 60's. Weird.
Oh...im def not saying cardigans are only for girls. Im a guy and i have at least 5 cardigans in my closet. Just that this website only sells female clothing.
If you like me, i will like you back, on this forum
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel

Top