• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2020 9:25 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
2662 posts
1501 upvotes

Mods feel free to lock

Since no one bothers to actually read and actually be helpful - not interested in reading the responses. Unsubscribed. Keep posting to your heart's content
Last edited by hierophant on Jan 28th, 2020 11:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Share:
26 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
3411 posts
1402 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
You said not to interfere with wildlife so leave them alone.
Cream rises to the top. So does scum.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
1814 posts
1033 upvotes
Toronto
Why would they leave? They have a warm place to stay and food to eat.

Not to mention how would they know where the installed exits are.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
2662 posts
1501 upvotes
I will never understand why people with nothing useful or helpful to offer and/or don't have the required knowledge respond to threads where advice is being sought.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1694 posts
610 upvotes
Montreal, QC
how long? i don't know but if you want to help them move away, may i suggest a natural product, tea tree essential oil? drop some at those entry points every day and they should never bother you again. i had some mice infestation, ever since i used some tea tree, haven't heard nor see mice around. it's been a couple months now. i also sealed all the possible entry points after dropping some oil in them.

rodents can't stand the smell of tea tree
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
2662 posts
1501 upvotes
To clarify, I already paid for a service - so me putting up traps, poison, tea tree oil negates paying a professional company who was supposed to remove them for me. This is why I'm asking a very specific question to those who have prior experience with this method of removal - otherwise I just wasted all the money I spent. And to further clarify, I called several companies, most of them have a similar "removal" process where they DO NOT kill the animals, they find other ways to get out.

And for those wanting to know where "exits are installed" - no exits were installed, they simply put a one-door (going outside) at the pint which they entered through.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
13351 posts
13701 upvotes
Oakville
hierophant wrote: For those of you who used a professional wildlife removal company TO SEAL the house/entry points and install one-way doors in efforts to humanely eradicate mice, how long did it take for the mice to leave the house? Please, I'm not looking for advice on putting up traps, poison, etc. especially since I paid for a service.

It's been 4 months since I had the entry points sealed and I can still hear them running around in the attic. The company I used (referred by a colleague and has good online reviews (not that means much)) is trying to tell me this is normal and it can take months for them to leave especially if they've stockpiled enough food. I just can't see how they can survive for 4 months without leaving to get more food or water. I'm thinking they're still getting in and out so I asked them to come back to check if they missed any entry points - they did come back and said everything is sealed. They said to wait until spring...is that reasonable? I'm not particularly happy about their response but not sure what else I can do.

There's a 5 year warranty but not sure how good that is if the mice never left in the first place. Any suggestions?

Edit:
To clarify, I already paid for a service - so me putting up traps, poison, tea tree oil negates paying a professional company who was supposed to remove them for me. This is why I'm asking a very specific question to those who have prior experience with this method of removal - otherwise I just wasted all the money I spent. And to further clarify, I called several companies, most of them have a similar "removal" process where they DO NOT kill the animals, they find other ways to get out.

And for those wanting to know where "exits are installed" - no exits were installed, they simply put a one-door (going outside) at the pint which they entered through.
Your house is warm and full of food, so they have no reason to leave. They might leave in the summer when it gets too hot in the house, but they might just stay. Scary thing is that they're filling your house with feces and urine which isn't safe for your family.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2018
1285 posts
1046 upvotes
GTA
Mice can live on crumbs if you are waiting for them to starve. Not sure if you are seeing them in other parts of the house especially the kitchen where crumbs are plentiful.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
2662 posts
1501 upvotes
Just wondering if anyone is actually reading my original post - not sure how these responses are supposed to help me.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
1814 posts
1033 upvotes
Toronto
hierophant wrote: I will never understand why people with nothing useful or helpful to offer and/or don't have the required knowledge respond to threads where advice is being sought.
Because this isn't a dictatorship. You can't post on a public forum for everyone and cry when you don't get the responses you want to your silly question.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
2662 posts
1501 upvotes
WMPCOT wrote: Because this isn't a dictatorship. You can't post on a public forum for everyone and cry when you don't get the responses to your silly question.
If the question is so silly why are you responding/reading? And also just because you lack the ability to understand a question, doesn't mean it's silly.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
1814 posts
1033 upvotes
Toronto
hierophant wrote: If the question is so silly why are you responding/reading? And also just because you lack the ability to understand a question, doesn't mean it's silly.
Anyone with half a brain knows how silly your question is. I can waste my time anyway I like, such as reading your threads and posts.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
2662 posts
1501 upvotes
WMPCOT wrote: Anyone with half a brain knows how silly your question is. I can waste my time anyway I like, such as reading your threads and posts.
Oh like brilliant question you asked "how would they know where the installed exits are"...I mean how stupid can one be :facepalm: continue wasting your time reading/posting on this thread (another sign of your great brilliance lol) - you're on my ignore list.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
1814 posts
1033 upvotes
Toronto
hierophant wrote: Oh like brilliant question you asked "how would they know where the installed exits are"...I mean how stupid can one be :facepalm: continue wasting your time reading/posting on this thread (another sign of your great brilliance lol) - you're on my ignore list.
I see you can't tell what sarcasm is either. Maybe if you installed exit signs and rang the fire alarm they'd leave faster. Make sure to tell them it isn't a drill.

Your ignore list must be huge if these are the types of threads you make.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
14087 posts
2225 upvotes
Greta Thunberg Syndrome?