[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
18190 posts
107717 upvotes
GTA

[Bounce] Mohu Leaf/Leaf Plus/Bounce Wifi Extender - 30% - 40% off

More offers from Bounce
Mohu has a Memorial Day sale from now until Monday with 30-40% discounts on their products as follows:

I am a bit skeptical about their "Bounce Wifi extender" product, but I have the antenna (Leaf plus) and it seems to be working OK. I haven't been able to fully test it yet as I have yet to receive the extension cables that I need to be able to mount it in my window.
14 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1374 upvotes
Kanata
I bought a cheap Philips amplified OTA antenna from Factory Direct the other day for $9.99 and I only get a few channels but I am astounded by how much clearer the picture and audio are compared to my regular HD channels through Robbers. I can't go back to watching hockey on the CBC HD I pay for anymore...

The Mohu products have quite a story. Developed by a bunch of American engineers who spent decades in the industry and knew they could do better. People rave about how good they are while maintaining such a low profile. Could be time to buy finally!

DEAL LINK

Just noticed you can't stack coupons to buy multiple items - seems odd.

Thanks OP :)

----------------------------------------------------------

Your Shopping Cart
Leaf Plus Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna

Subtotal: $74.99
Coupon (MOHUPLUS33):
Remove -$24.75
Estimate Shipping & Tax
Shipping (USPS flat rate): $7.95
Grand Total: $58.19

Has anyone ordered this and gotten dinged with duties? USPS is always the safest bet, but you never know...
Nov 19, 2009
430 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto
I got the leaf plus last week and no duties. Thinking about getting the WiFi extender. I found one review online for it that gave it a good review. I'm a little weary to spend $24 after shipping for a piece of plastic.....
Mar 14, 2009
235 posts
33 upvotes
I tempted to go for the Leaf Plus for my upstairs TV (the co-ax in my house is supposedly old and spliced), is it worth the extra cake for the plus?
Mar 14, 2009
235 posts
33 upvotes
Note you can't combine codes if you want to buy the Mohu and the Bounce - only 1 code.
May 23, 2012
413 posts
59 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Pfizer wrote:
May 24th, 2012 11:55 am
I tempted to go for the Leaf Plus for my upstairs TV (the co-ax in my house is supposedly old and spliced), is it worth the extra cake for the plus?
If you are in Ajax, then yeah, its probably a good idea to go for the plus. I'm in Thornhill / Richmond Hill border, and I figured that its about 30 miles from the CN Tower the Plus would be a perfect match
Mar 14, 2009
235 posts
33 upvotes
Alright, I'm going to give the plus a try. I tried to call them if I could combine 2 items with 2 promo codes, but after 5 minutes on hold I bailed.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
Seems like they lowered the shipping fee now... it's $3.49 (Fixed Shipping) instead of before which was $7.95. I haven't even got mine in the mail yet, maybe they could give me an adjustment?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2005
1227 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
This is somewhat off-topic, but with their tv antenna (or OTA generally), how do you know what's playing? (I assume my 'guide' button wouldn't do anything if I'm using an OTA signal instead of cable) Is there even a 'channel 3' or something that scrolls through a guide? thanks.
May 23, 2012
413 posts
59 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Just got mine today, no duties or anything, the manifest says DHL, but it had a USPS tracking #. I guess DHL Ground, but whatever. Ordered on May 15, taking into consideration the long weekend - blazing fast delivery. Just did a channel search - Leaf Plus stuck to the south-eastern corner wall in a regular 2-storey suburban - 12 HD and 3 analog channels with the first try in the L4J area code. HD is unbelievable.

Gonna order 1 more for another room. One happy camper.
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1374 upvotes
Kanata
buyways wrote:
May 24th, 2012 8:47 pm
This is somewhat off-topic, but with their tv antenna (or OTA generally), how do you know what's playing? (I assume my 'guide' button wouldn't do anything if I'm using an OTA signal instead of cable) Is there even a 'channel 3' or something that scrolls through a guide? thanks.

As long as your TV has an ATSC (OTA) tuner inside, you just get it to scan for digital channels (it's in the menus) and it will remember the signals it finds. How well that gets implemented depends on the TV maker of course, but it is pretty straightforward...
Pfizer wrote:
May 24th, 2012 2:22 pm
Alright, I'm going to give the plus a try. I tried to call them if I could combine 2 items with 2 promo codes, but after 5 minutes on hold I bailed.

Yeah, same experience here. The only chance you'd have of getting that to work is to call it in and see if they can make it happen with a manual adjustment. That said, you CAN order multiple quantities of any of those three products and the discount is applied to each one.
Mar 3, 2012
179 posts
59 upvotes
VANCOUVER
How does the leaf work in canada? I am from Vancouver and I checked the fcc website, it says only two channels from states can be picked up. Wondering would this piece pick up canadian channel as well.
Nov 26, 2003
643 posts
11 upvotes
buyways wrote:
May 24th, 2012 8:47 pm

my panasonic tv has some weird "tvguide" integration, once I connected it to ATSC it somehow picked up guide information. so either each channel is embedding the information or there's one signal that's providing that info. either way I only seen it on my tv and all my friends with older tvs don't seem to have that. you might have to check with your tv or the tv you're planning to get, if it supports it. I run my own windows7 home theatre pc which takes in ATSC and shaw cable. from there, i use shaw's guide info to populate the ATSC channels.
Jan 30, 2007
85 posts
Vancouver
badsailor wrote:
May 25th, 2012 1:07 am
How does the leaf work in canada? I am from Vancouver and I checked the fcc website, it says only two channels from states can be picked up. Wondering would this piece pick up canadian channel as well.

Yeah it will. The FCC doesn't regulate Canadian channels so it won't mention things like CBC and CTV, etc. Try TVFool.com to see how far you are from the towers and which direction they're in.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
2597 posts
304 upvotes
Fantaz wrote:
May 24th, 2012 6:39 pm
Seems like they lowered the shipping fee now... it's $3.49 (Fixed Shipping) instead of before which was $7.95. I haven't even got mine in the mail yet, maybe they could give me an adjustment?

Mine is $4.95, did they increase it or does it have to do with your location?
× < >