Entrepreneurship & Small Business

MONEX GROUP Customer Service = nonexistant

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2024 10:41 pm
Tags:
Feb 19, 2017
7 posts
Has anyone recently received notification from Monex or Chase Bank about fee increases for Mastercard starting on November 1st?
Dec 27, 2018
1 posts
The situation started 07-25-2018. I hired services Money Express POS Solutions Inc., Agent xxx I asked this Agent for a machine to pay with a credit card outside my shop. I received the machines I cannot configure, and he did not explain about how to work. I asked about what should pay and how much? He answered that it doesn’t have a cost for the machine just I should pay one-time $60 for registration and I will see the charge for the use when the client pays with a credit card there are % that apply to every transaction also he did not mention in the conversation anything about if I wanted to terminate the agreement early. When finally I could configure it I figured out I can not use it outside my shop, I asked him to eliminate this application because it wasn’t I asked him so, I explained again what I was looking for a machine that I can connect to my phone and using Wi-Fi and the clients are able to make the payment outside of my shop, how I don’t like the situation I said I don’t want have any contract with you because it was a problem and he answered he will cancel this application and it doesn’t have cost also he promise me that also he had a machine that I need and it just I should pay for application $60 and every month $36.74 and I can use outside of my shop. And he promises me if it doesn’t work, he will eliminate this contract. I receive a new one machine and it doesn't work after I returned this machine then they send another one it does not work well-Bluetooth. I asked again to cancel it. they took 2-Aug $60-04-Sep $11.24, $171, 5-sep-$78.68, 01-09$11.24 When I never used it.
Also, he did not explain this contract included 3 parties. When I noticed that I call to First Data and I explant the situation also I sent a letter to First Data, they cancelled it 6-12-2018 the contract and refunded $78.68, the money The Chase Mobile Checkout-PLUS closed one of my account of two that they open. I returned the machines, but they don't refund me the money also I asked cancel the another account and they explain I should call again them for not charge me fee. The Money Express PO Solutions / MONEXgroup- they sold me the contract and I tried to talk with them several occasion, but they refused and know they send a letter to ask me 1937.48 through this company Kingston Data Credit. This company doesn’t have the intention to solver this situation when they sold something I don’t want and now they want pay for cancel the contract.

Solution
Finish the contract without fees/ Refund
I did not know why they took these amounts, no-one explains. I asked to talk with some speak Spanish because it is difficult to understand and the answer no-one speaks Spanish. I asked how much I should pay and this guy lies me also, he did not send to me a description of the machine of the last contract. I did not agree to it, this guy just wants to make a contract but doesn’t want to give the right service until today he doesn’t answer me, they want I pay for cancel feeI would like cancel the contract without fee and refund my money
Sep 4, 2018
1 posts
Hi there,
I’m curious to know what happened with your problem with this horrible company. I’m going through the same nonsense.
Jun 17, 2019
2 posts
Has anyone been able to successfully cancel their account with Monex? Specifically speaking, has anyone sent in a non-renewal notice prior to the end of their term and were able to successfully cancel Monex's services?
Oct 9, 2019
1 posts
I cancelled my account with Monex. They took their $300 cancellation fee from my account. You would think that this would mean my account is closed. But they are still taking money out of my account and when I call them all they do is threaten me. This is a terrible company. I am just a small business. These people are not nice to deal with.
Feb 6, 2020
1 posts
If the rates change at all.. there is a Canadian Code of Conduct that voids your contract and allows you 39 days to get out if it!! All you have to tell them is , that you are cancelling your contract via the Canadian code of conduct and they have to let you out
Jun 1, 2021
1 posts
Is there any way that someone will shut down this bunch of crucks from Monex. I read all of the complains to BBB, forums, their web page review and it is hsppening to me now, same experience like many businesses who had Monex services. This happening to me right now, all this crap from them including their biggest cruck from the name Brian. I have no words to decribe my bad experience with them in the last few months trying to close the acount with them since Feb 18, 2021.
Is there anyone who can shut them down and to make them stop hurting small budiness owner, slecially now during Covid lock downs. I already out of business since end of February and they are tapped to my business account witdrawing money from whaever is left after over six years if doing business.
Feb 4, 2022
2 posts
Is anyway stop them to take money out from my count .. I just want cancel.. they charge me 1100… plus 28.8% Intest fee
Anyone can help me .. been use them for 4 years .. I just want cancel.. how can we do
Feb 18, 2014
325 posts
86 upvotes
Lulu1981 wrote: Is anyway stop them to take money out from my count .. I just want cancel.. they charge me 1100… plus 28.8% Intest fee
Anyone can help me .. been use them for 4 years .. I just want cancel.. how can we do
Are you still processing with them? If you are, you can get out very easily.
Feb 4, 2022
2 posts
Middle of canceling … I try cancel .. they ask me to pay big $ ., I refused
Feb 18, 2014
325 posts
86 upvotes
Lulu1981 wrote: Middle of canceling … I try cancel .. they ask me to pay big $ ., I refused
All providers have given a notification of fee increases. These are coming from Interac and MasterCard. Call them back and tell them you wish to cancel and the code of conduct states that you can do so without penalty. Feel free to DM me if you’d like more information
Aug 28, 2015
2 posts
Kingston, ON
Me , another victim of MONEXgroup in 2022.

One day got a ad from the mailbox . Says signing up get a free iPad .

Called the number and then discuss the details with a salesperson.

Signed it . Took almost 1 month to get approval. Buyout the clover machine. Test the machine with $0.01. Waited 1 week to have it finally transferred into my bank account.

Things start to get messed up afterwards. A client of mine ( been doing business together for years) pays me past due invoices through his credit cards ( big amount)
In the following week , got a email from MONEXgroup CSR says that “The Risk Monitoring Team has identified a change in your current processing volume. We will need additional information to validate this activity and ensure there are no concerns. Please respond and provide the requested responses and documentation as outlined below.”

Answered all the questions and provided them all the documents they requested. Call MONEXgroup and first data almost everyday. Same reply over and over, “I’ll escalate your request , the manager will contact you in the next 24-72 hours “.
No hope.

They continue holding my funds and not even one response since.

The email from the first data risk team doesn’t even look like an official email. Monex csr copy and paste and email it to me. It’s a scam for sure.

Anyone in the same situation? Any advice or recommended lawsuit ? Help please.
Feb 18, 2014
325 posts
86 upvotes
PandaGardenBuffet wrote: Can you message me the lawyer please. Thanks
Not a scam. When you process amounts that are significantly higher than what was put on the application, the provider's risk department will flag it. This is especially true for a new account. Monex is copy / pasting the same email that First Data sent you. Answer the questions to the best of your ability. First Data's risk department is slow and does not communicate well. You will get your funds, but it might take awhile. Hope this helps.
Dec 21, 2023
1 posts
I am the victim of the Monex Group, we got trapped with the contract. We sold the restaurant on Nov30,2023 and call them to close our account but they said our contract automatically renew for 6 months , Or I have to pay $3800 . We are the family running restaurants, we have go through the very tough times when the Covid hit and then me and my brother were diagnosed with cancer, we are still deal with the treatment so we decided to sold the restaurant, now we face the big amount of penalties then we can’t accept. When we signed the contract no one told us about the all the auto renew or explained the contract. Because English is my second language, so I trusted the representative said and signed what he told my to signed on the contract. the sale representative just told us if we cancelled the contract we just need to pay $350-$500. All the situation we have now just like more the people here, we try to close our accounts and settle this issue. If anyone can give us some advice or the affordable lawyer ,
Mar 3, 2024
1 posts
Hi! Still happening in 2024. Any law firm you can suggest in Vancouver to go after them? I was sent an email demanding $3700 to be paid in 2 weeks by etransfer. I called immediately a bogus number that asks you to leave a message. Didnt hear back. Got an email from Recovery 2 weeks later since I didnt pay they were sending to collection. I called the number of the Paralegal didnt pick up didnt return calls and prefers by email.

I asked the breakdown of the amount. Someone you are not dealing with demands money for no service is like extortion. I signed up with Clover. I get debited monthly and they cancelled me with no warning months ago. I’ve never felt so wronged.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)