• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2012 1:09 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 31, 2006
498 posts
80 upvotes

MONEYSENSE Top 200 Canadian Stocks 2012

Does anyone have a copy of the stocks from last Dec./Jan edition of MONEYSENSE?
I want to see how they did over the past year.
Did anyone use these picks as investments??
Many thanks.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
2583 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto
Don't be so quick to take their advice. One of their picks a number of years back, I bought, Kingsway Financial @>$20, and it then proceeded to turn into a penny stock. Now it's about $3.x. My worst trade ever. Do your own homework on potential investment purchases and don't rely solely on any publications.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12381 posts
11307 upvotes
Buy good quality stocks and hold forever -- dividend favorites like banks, pipelines, utilities, etc.
Mar 13, 2012
865 posts
145 upvotes
Planet Earth
The list can be found on Norm Rothery's site (near the bottom). He also publishes a summary from past years.

Personally I do my one picks and don't just take anyones recommendation without due diligence. Please use this list only as a guideline because frankly they are just comparing fundamentals & past rankings. You are probably better served reviewing the S&P Dividend Aristrocrats and start your stock screening with these.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you even tried.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2006
2505 posts
41 upvotes
Milton
Doesn't matter now, next year, there will be a new list of 200 stocks that made big money, and if you invest in this years top-picks, you've already missed the boat and you probably won't make anything.
Your source for training, nutrition, supplement advice!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)