Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Apple

Monoprice 10 days of deals sale - Day 7: Apple accessories

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 8th, 2012 8:42 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
1367 posts
631 upvotes
Ontario

[Apple] Monoprice 10 days of deals sale - Day 7: Apple accessories

http://www.monoprice.com/home/newslette ... ly_q3_2012

Just got an email from them.

For the next 10 days they're going to be offering deals ranging from 25-40% off selected categories of items (ie- wall mounts, gaming accessories, audio, security).

Today (August 1st) is:
20% Off Selected Apple accessories
http://www.monoprice.com/home/promo.asp ... rsary_sale

Tomorrow (August 2nd) is:
30% off Cables

So if you've been eyeing up one of their iPhone/iPad cases, today is the day for you!
73 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Sexy!

I was in fact eyeing one of their killer wall mounts but I wish it 25% off the shipping instead ...
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
1367 posts
631 upvotes
Ontario
Nikhilvoid wrote: Sexy!

I was in fact eyeing one of their killer wall mounts but I wish it 25% off the shipping instead ...
That is where the costs go up. I periodically order a mess of cables and other accessories from there (probably 2-3x a year), so I just ordered my wallmount when it came time to one of those orders, and it took a _bit_ of the sting of the shipping out.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4264 posts
5639 upvotes
Muskoka
I have found sometimes that it is actually CHEAPER to separate shipments. Of course it depends on what you are getting. eg - if you have 2 items around 3lbs each, it is often cheaper as 2 separate orders.

I'm looking out for an HDMI spitter/switch
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2009
1365 posts
1151 upvotes
Montreal, QC
spotts01 wrote: I have found sometimes that it is actually CHEAPER to separate shipments. Of course it depends on what you are getting. eg - if you have 2 items around 3lbs each, it is often cheaper as 2 separate orders.
The shipping limit for UPS Small Packages Delivered by Canada Post is 4LBs. It's cheaper to make multiple orders under 4 pounds than to exceed 4 pounds and pay for a different delivery method (ohh and you won't be charged for customs).

The WiFi dongles and the Mini Display Port/Thunderbolt to HDMI adapters (for anyone with a MacBook Pro) are killer deals.
Aug 30, 2009
263 posts
85 upvotes
They have a shipping model where once it exceeds 6 lbs or so, they charge by weight and it may start to cost more at first, but once you get heavier, it is much cheaper than if you were to buy only one or two of the item.

I am really hoping the HDMI cat6 extension kit goes back on sale. Very awesome of them to tell you in advance both the category and discount for each day of the sale. monoprice rocks.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1505 upvotes
QC
Time to stack up on purple hdmi cable?
Banned
Nov 12, 2006
2715 posts
1632 upvotes
Toronto
jfmartel wrote: Time to stack up on purple hdmi cable?
Why would u want to stack them up? Most people want length on their cables not height..lol
Banned
Mar 30, 2011
2339 posts
1044 upvotes
I wish Monoprice would stop putting their stupid logo all over products.
Jan 17, 2010
777 posts
283 upvotes
so whats on sale just whats on the splash image?
Feb 17, 2009
616 posts
31 upvotes
Brockville
is there any cheaper place to order a wall mount from - monoprice has the best deals but shipping is just ridiculous - for a $30 wall mount its $75 shipping!
Apr 25, 2011
180 posts
59 upvotes
rnakra wrote: is there any cheaper place to order a wall mount from - monoprice has the best deals but shipping is just ridiculous - for a $30 wall mount its $75 shipping!
I've purchased Monoprice wall mounts from Only Best Rated multiple times; in most cases it worked out to be cheaper than purchasing from Monoprice + potentially paying HST/processing fee. They have a warehouse you can pick up from in Brampton.

http://www.onlybestrated.com/mounts-sta ... ounts.html
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
Need an hdmi to dvi adapter. What day would this be on sale? Or is the sale just limited to specific items and not all items in the category?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9135 posts
2092 upvotes
yeah im wondering why Monoprice keeps putting their dumb logo on things. stuff like cables are fine but headphones and Samsung Galaxy 3 cases with HUGE monoprice logos? lol

the monoprice name has no added value to it like Apple or Samsung names
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
1367 posts
631 upvotes
Ontario
Corleone187 wrote: yeah im wondering why Monoprice keeps putting their dumb logo on things. stuff like cables are fine but headphones and Samsung Galaxy 3 cases with HUGE monoprice logos? lol

the monoprice name has no added value to it like Apple or Samsung names
Really? You don't think it adds value for them to have their name on things?
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
1367 posts
631 upvotes
Ontario
bowmah wrote: Need an hdmi to dvi adapter. What day would this be on sale? Or is the sale just limited to specific items and not all items in the category?
I'm guessing you could try July 29th when "Video" is on sale. That'd be my best guess.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2010
1442 posts
1406 upvotes
Perfect example of why I rarely order from them. Even though I love their products and appreciate what a great value they are:

Adjustable Tilting/Swiveling Wall Mount Bracket for LCD LED Plasma (Max 175Lbs, 32~60inch) - Aluminum Arms (REV.2.0)
Price: $60.45

Discount: - $15.11

Total: $45.34

Shipping to Ontario: $70.60

Total: $115.94

I know it's a large item, but $70 for shipping??? I got a 70lb amp shipped from NY to here for $35 a few years back, $70 to ship is just nuts.
Banned
Nov 12, 2006
2715 posts
1632 upvotes
Toronto
bowmah wrote: Need an hdmi to dvi adapter. What day would this be on sale? Or is the sale just limited to specific items and not all items in the category?
getting them from meritline or amazon....they are quite cheap there already.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)