Shopping Discussion

Monoprice.com and customs problems anyone?

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2008 8:37 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 21, 2003
888 posts
24 upvotes

Monoprice.com and customs problems anyone?

Anybody ever have problems with receiving orders from Monoprice.com? I've placed an order Feb. 16. It was shipped out Feb. 19. The last update on the tracking says it has entered Canada...that was Feb. 25. I've yet to receive my order (and there's no update on the tracking since Feb. 25). The order was about $65 CAD.

I've emailed Monoprice.com TWICE about my order and they didn't respond. All I want is some assurance from them that I can claim a lost package even if the elapse time is more than 30 days.

I think the Customs peeps are either taking their sweet time or they simply lost it. Whatever the case, it's starting to anger me. I need these cables to hook up my home theatre. ARgh!

Edit: Don't want to anger all the CSBA network of peeps.
TREAT YOURSELF, NOBODY ELSE WILL.

Email: tiggger@gmail.com
Check my FEEDBACKS: HoFo, eBay, Heatware
55 replies
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2002
11980 posts
282 upvotes
I've had maybe 10 orders from them, from single items to huge loads of cables, and it's never taken more than a week. I would push them on this, as I don't think it's normal.
Dec 18, 2006
886 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
deep wrote:
Mar 13th, 2007 11:24 pm
I've had maybe 10 orders from them, from single items to huge loads of cables, and it's never taken more than a week. I would push them on this, as I don't think it's normal.
I only had ordered once from monoprice and order came within a week, no custom fees :) hope you get yours soon.

BTW, love the avatar!!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7383 posts
634 upvotes
Toronto
BluEL wrote:
Mar 13th, 2007 11:22 pm
Anybody ever have problems with receiving orders from Monoprice.com? I've placed an order Feb. 16. It was shipped out Feb. 19. The last update on the tracking says it has entered Canada...that was Feb. 25. I've yet to receive my order (and there's no update on the tracking since Feb. 25). The order was about $65 CAD.

I've emailed Monoprice.com TWICE about my order and they didn't respond. All I want is some assurance from them that I can claim a lost package even if the elapse time is more than 30 days.

I think the Customs d!cks are either taking their sweet time or they simply lost it. Whatever the case, it's starting to anger me. I need these cables to hook up my home theatre. ARgh!
If you're in a rush, next time buy locally or pay the extra for Express EMS. Don't call Customs names just because your package isn't getting preferential treatment.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6758 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
BluEL wrote:
Mar 13th, 2007 11:22 pm

I think the Customs d!cks are either taking their sweet time or they simply lost it. Whatever the case, it's starting to anger me. I need these cables to hook up my home theatre. ARgh!
And you're justified in blaming the Canada Border Services Agency because......? You're ignorant and don't know any better? no?

Sometimes things can take quite sometime for Customs clearance, anyone that knows anything about orders coming from another country knows this.
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
Jul 11, 2003
726 posts
23 upvotes
Coquitlam
Really, it's out of Monoprice's hands once the order has been shipped out. Though, they will have to file with the shipping company if your order has indeed been lost. I don't see a reason for them not returning your emails however, unless there was something they didn't like in them. Perhaps they got caught by their SPAM filters?
Aug 13, 2006
729 posts
57 upvotes
Burlington
How are you tracking it now? Use canadapost.ca once it gets to canada.
[OP]
Mar 21, 2003
888 posts
24 upvotes
Drew_W wrote:
Mar 13th, 2007 11:31 pm
If you're in a rush, next time buy locally or pay the extra for Express EMS. Don't call Customs names just because your package isn't getting preferential treatment.

Whoa! I think I struck a cord here. Perhaps it was wrong of me to call them names. I apologize.

Anyway, who said anything about getting preferential treatment. I'm simply wondering why it's taking so long. Could it be because it's held up at Customs? And if so, why when I've heard many people getting it in a week or so.

[OP]
Mar 21, 2003
888 posts
24 upvotes
cwb27 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2007 11:33 pm
And you're justified in blaming the Canada Border Services Agency because......? You're ignorant and don't know any better? no?

Sometimes things can take quite sometime for Customs clearance, anyone that knows anything about orders coming from another country knows this.
Justified? Probably not. Ignorant? Maybe.

I'm just venting, folks. And wondering if any (or many) have had the same wait time with a shipment from Monoprice.

[OP]
Mar 21, 2003
888 posts
24 upvotes
tweakerxp wrote:
Mar 13th, 2007 11:35 pm
Really, it's out of Monoprice's hands once the order has been shipped out. Though, they will have to file with the shipping company if your order has indeed been lost. I don't see a reason for them not returning your emails however, unless there was something they didn't like in them. Perhaps they got caught by their SPAM filters?
My emails to them were very polite; nothing rude or crude. Just kindly asked them to check into it. Although I do agree that it's pretty much out of their hands.

Yes, I'm now tracking through Canadapost.ca. Last update was Feb 25.

Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
12095 posts
1572 upvotes
Kanata
my monoprice orders take 3-4 weeks sometimes.
Patience, young grasshopper..patience...
Banned
Dec 12, 2005
9328 posts
804 upvotes
Drew_W wrote:
Mar 13th, 2007 11:31 pm
Don't call Customs names just because your package isn't getting preferential treatment.
Canada Customs are a bunch of #$%# - I know guys who work at Thousand Islands and the stories they tell about co-workers and supervisors. :lol: :lol:

Then again, I don't think it was so funny for the recipients. :confused:
May 12, 2004
782 posts
92 upvotes
Next time try and break up the order. I've ordered from Monoprice multiple times on consecutive days with each order being under $20US in value. No customs checks for low value goods and goes through smoothly.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6758 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
Vinman wrote:
Mar 14th, 2007 8:27 am
Canada Customs are a bunch of #$%# - I know guys who work at Thousand Islands and the stories they tell about co-workers and supervisors. :lol: :lol:

Then again, I don't think it was so funny for the recipients. :confused:
Small world... I actually know a number of people at Lansdowne POE. Chances are I've heard the same stories you have. :)

It shouldn't come as any suprise though, working for the CBSA is like working at any other job you're always going to have crazy supervisors, crazy employees, etc...
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
12455 posts
3500 upvotes
Ottawa
Customs can easily delay a package for 1, 2 or even 3 weeks.

I had an order from bluejeanscables.com and it took a MONTH after it was shipped out.