Shopping Discussion

Monoprice.com and customs problems anyone?

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2008 8:37 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
3863 posts
369 upvotes
My order just shipped from ehdmi yesterday - hopefully i dont get delays like the OP!
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
13505 posts
2097 upvotes
Toronto
I have ordered items from monoprice and received it within 7 - 10 days. I agree that smaller orders would be better then larger ones.

For A/V cables, I ordered a bunch of wires from http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~umsefton/c ... index.html and they got to my home in 3 days. It worked out well, since the TV I ordered came in at 11 AM and the delivery for the cables 30 min after! The prices are reasonable for their quality (BETTER then monoprice) and Mike (fellow RFDer) was very helpful.

Mike, if you are reading this, THANKS!

Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
[OP]
Mar 21, 2003
888 posts
24 upvotes
Vinman wrote:
Mar 14th, 2007 8:27 am
Canada Customs are a bunch of #$%# - I know guys who work at Thousand Islands and the stories they tell about co-workers and supervisors. :lol: :lol:

Then again, I don't think it was so funny for the recipients. :confused:
You watch your mouth, boy! :cheesygri

It'll be a month this Friday since I placed my order. Gotta play the waiting game, I guess. Thanks to those who've posted their experience(s) with Monoprice and Custom delays.
TREAT YOURSELF, NOBODY ELSE WILL.

Email: tiggger@gmail.com
Check my FEEDBACKS: HoFo, eBay, Heatware
Nov 17, 2003
296 posts
32 upvotes
I order a 10ft HDMI (~$20US) cable from monoprice. Shipped on mar/05 and still awaiting the cables. My friend got his in 3 days and the tracking number I got doesnt work. :confused:
[OP]
Mar 21, 2003
888 posts
24 upvotes
Riffer wrote:
Mar 14th, 2007 4:34 pm
Call your local post office and make sure there is nothing sitting there for you.
I've already called the post office, and they said there's nothing they can do. If it held up at Customs, then it's just waiting...it could take a few days or several weeks. That was what I was told. My buddy orders over $200 of stuff and got it in a week.

Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
1558 posts
72 upvotes
goofball wrote:
Mar 14th, 2007 7:19 am
my monoprice orders take 3-4 weeks sometimes.
Patience, young grasshopper..patience...
same deal here
[OP]
Mar 21, 2003
888 posts
24 upvotes
chinaboy1021 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2007 10:41 pm
what does it say when you track it?
It says:

Date of Event Time of Event Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name
2007/02/25 21:06 International shipment has arrived in Canada

That was the latest log.

Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1345 posts
188 upvotes
My monoprice cables took 2 weeks after their sent for delivery date, as tracked in my monoprice account.

i didn't get charged for customs or boarder taxes or whatever is the fee shipped items occasionally get charged for, so I'm not sure why it took so long.

Monoprice's prices may be amazing, but their customer service is not. I never got a reply to my email. Was gunna send a second one, but my package arrived before I ended up writing it :)
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Aug 13, 2006
729 posts
57 upvotes
Burlington
I received my package within 2 weeks. $10 value written on the box for there were no customs or duty problems.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2003
1342 posts
7 upvotes
BluEL wrote:
Mar 14th, 2007 10:33 pm
I've already called the post office, and they said there's nothing they can do. If it held up at Customs, then it's just waiting...it could take a few days or several weeks. That was what I was told. My buddy orders over $200 of stuff and got it in a week.
What I meant was that sometimes it takes the tracking some time to catch up. If there is a failed/non-attempt delivery, it could be sitting in your local post office without you knowing it. Not so much of a big deal anymore, as I believe the Final Notices are now automated.
Nov 21, 2005
181 posts
17 upvotes
I'm in almost the exact same situation: order placed Feb 17th and shipped on the 19th, and still waiting. I received confirmation that the item has shipped, but the tracking number doesn't show up on either the usps.com website, nor the Canadapost web site. I wonder if Canada Customs flagged all shipments from monoprice on that particular day?

Incidentally, I emailed monoprice about this, and have not heard from them, either.

My order was for a single HDMI cable, well under the $20 limit from customs. I've actually had stuff ordered and delivered from Hong Kong while waiting for the monoprice order to arrive.

Will just keep hoping, I guess....
Nov 21, 2005
181 posts
17 upvotes
I should mention that monoprice customer service did contact me yesterday (about a day and a half after my original email to them) asking to confirm my address, so at least they are aware of the delay...
Jan 2, 2007
335 posts
27 upvotes
North Bay
BluEL,

Don't expect an update on that tracking number once it enters canada.

The tracking number you have is with USPS, its updated on there site, once that package comes into Canada, USPS has nothing to do with it, and its all in Canada Post's hands...(thats scary)

So you wont get an update on that, or should, anytime i order from Mono, there's never been an update after. Things to me take 2 weeks from them.