Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

HDTV Indoor / Outdoor Antenna with Amplifier @$23.70 + FS

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2014 9:19 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham

[Amazon.ca] HDTV Indoor / Outdoor Antenna with Amplifier @$23.70 + FS

Monoprice HDTV Indoor / Outdoor Antenna with Amplifier

$23.70 (after 58% discount)
Free Shipping

4 out of 5 stars from 969 buyers
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=1 ... reviewInfo

Though Amazon.ca states "In stock on April 29, 2014", it is available now.
I ordered one 10 days ago and have received it today (April 1).

Using this antenna indoor in a second-floor bedroom of my townhouse in Markham, I can get these 13 channels: CBC English, CBC French, CTV, CityTV, CHCH, Omni1, Omni2, Global HD, Global SD, Bounce, CTS, TVO, WNLO, all in splendid High Definition picture quality.

It is well worth the price of $23.70 + 13% HST with free shipping.

At my location, the HDTV reception of this small and light weight Monoprice antenna is no different from those of the larger RCA ANT1450 Multi-Directional Digital Flat Amplified Home Theater Antenna (@$63 from a Walmart store) and the bulky TERK HDTVa Amplified Directional Indoor HDTV Antenna (@$80 from a Sears store), both of which I tried and returned to the stores before this online purchase from Amazon Canada.

By the way, this antenna can be installed outdoor on a vertical pole or on a horizontal balcony wailing using the included brackets, nuts and bolts. Watch the above video to see what accessories are included in the retail box.
165 replies
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
gregory128 wrote: Shows in stock April 29th...
I ordered one 10 days ago and have received it today (April 1).
Nov 6, 2012
79 posts
17 upvotes
Markham
Just ordered one, will see how it goes.
Thanks OP.
Nov 6, 2013
618 posts
588 upvotes
Montreal, QC
If it is the same one sold at Monoprice directly (product number 4730) , you can get it there for cheaper: $14.98 plus shipping.
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=1 ... 1&format=2

It's in stock, too.

edit:// Shipping to QC makes it $25.43, which is more than the price the OP found it. My bad. If availability is an issue, though, Monoprice says it'll ship tomorrow.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
Diakonos wrote: If it is the same one sold at Monoprice directly (product number 4730) , you can get it there for cheaper: $14.98 plus shipping.
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=1 ... 1&format=2

It's in stock, too.

edit:// Shipping to QC makes it $25.43, which is more than the price the OP found it. My bad. If availability is an issue, though, Monoprice says it'll ship tomorrow.
Just to point out that buying from US, one pays US$25.43 while buying from Amazon.ca one pays CA$23.70.
With the loonie below par against the green back, buying from Amazon.ca roughly presents a CA$5.00 saving after exchange rate conversion and 2.5% foreign currency fee on some credit card.

Nonetheless, CA$29 is still a good value if buying from Monoprice USA directly, I think.
Nov 6, 2013
618 posts
588 upvotes
Montreal, QC
drdtyc wrote: Just to point out that buying from US, one pays US$25.43 while buying from Amazon.ca one pays CA$23.70.
With the loonie below par against the green back, buying from Amazon.ca roughly presents a CA$5.00 saving after exchange rate conversion and 2.5% foreign currency fee on some credit card.

Nonetheless, CA$29 is still a good value if buying from Monoprice USA directly, I think.
Mhm—good call. I suppose I've never noticed much difference because I'm usually just buying small adapters, in which case the conversion difference is negligible. Thanks.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18697 posts
5729 upvotes
thx OP...order one..even though I already have the $3 RCA from Dollarama
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
How would these Monoprice antenna's compared to a DIY coat hanger one?
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3711 posts
1395 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP, also have the $3 dollarama one but will try this out, looks like a great antenna
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
1534 posts
453 upvotes
PEI
bowmah wrote: How would these Monoprice antenna's compared to a DIY coat hanger one?
Does your coat hanger have an amplifier?

I have 5 of these monoprice antennas. They work very well for me. Gets the 3 (all available) channels in my area.
Definitely get 1 to try.

I've had 1 outside attached to satellite dish (that we got rid of $75 per month) using same 15 year old long coax cable since ~August 2012. Getting rid of satellite paid for a new flatscreen tv, surround sound, netflix etc. Saving boatload of money.

I bought this antenna (5th or 6th one) $14.98 sale from monoprice couple weeks ago. Total including conversion was $28.80. So OP deal is about $1-2 cheaper. Takes 3 weeks to get delivered from monoprice.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
2448 posts
1073 upvotes
Toronto
really debating whether to get one. Thanks OP. An off-topic question: these antennae can't pick up sport channels like NBA, right? How would I get them on TV if I don't subscribe Rogers or Bells? NBA league pass? and how much are they as I heard the regular season and playoff are paid separately? Any help is appreciated.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
1534 posts
453 upvotes
PEI
matt4670 wrote: really debating whether to get one. Thanks OP. An off-topic question: these antennae can't pick up sport channels like NBA, right? How would I get them on TV if I don't subscribe Rogers or Bells? NBA league pass? and how much are they as I heard the regular season and playoff are paid separately? Any help is appreciated.
I don't think NBA channel is broadcast (none of the premium channels are).
I would check and see if they offer online versions that you can pay for. From doing a google search there are lots of illegal streams which may work.

I hear that toronto area can get like 10-20 channels (some from states). So I'd definitional try it.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
matt4670 wrote: really debating whether to get one. Thanks OP. An off-topic question: these antennae can't pick up sport channels like NBA, right? How would I get them on TV if I don't subscribe Rogers or Bells? NBA league pass? and how much are they as I heard the regular season and playoff are paid separately? Any help is appreciated.
FYI and for all of those wondering what they can get OTA around their home.

It's usually just the big channels though, Fox, NBC, CBC, PBS, ABC & CBS
Feb 22, 2006
196 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Anyone know what channels you can get with this antenna in the Ottawa area?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3478 posts
1767 upvotes
Thanks OP - Ordered.

FWIW - I used a 25 bonus Airmiles promo I received by email today through airmilesshops.ca. I asume it's a targeted promo and it works on any purchase above $20.
Nov 6, 2010
428 posts
53 upvotes
Seattle/Ottawa
uahmed wrote: Anyone know what channels you can get with this antenna in the Ottawa area?
I would be interested in this as well
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
uahmed wrote: Anyone know what channels you can get with this antenna in the Ottawa area?
Lucky0810 wrote: I would be interested in this as well
I JUST linked you guys to a website that will tell you exactly based on your address.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)