• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2015 4:53 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17118 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
i don't understand how... since all RFDers are affluent $100k-ers that there are so many who are ignorant of the quality and luxury brand of Mont Blanc and the prestige and long lasting durability of their wallets (pens, watches). as demonstrated by the deleted thread. (which its deletion is its own can of worms).

there's nothing worse than rich mofos who don't know quality.

that just makes them... a bunch of village idiots?
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
i don't think most rfd'ers actually understand the concept of luxury goods. The whole point of them is they're supposed to be extra expensive and extravagant.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17118 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
warpdrive wrote: i don't think most rfd'ers actually understand the concept of luxury goods. The whole point of them is they're supposed to be extra expensive and extravagant.
extra expensive and extra extravagant because some of them are actually extra quality and durable
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
actng wrote: extra expensive and extra extravagant because some of them are actually extra quality and durable
Maybe it's because I have a bit more money now than before and am older now than most of the RFD plebeians, but I prefer to buy quality once. Sure the good stuff doesn't come cheap, but a lot of the time, even if I paid 2-3X to get an incremental (but noticeably) better quality, I usually save money because I'm not tempted to throw it away and replace it every year with another equally cheap item. Usually the stuff has a classic timeless design or can be refinished/repaired.
Mar 4, 2015
401 posts
41 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I think they are really nice but very expensive.
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13306 posts
750 upvotes
Pick something you like, not because of name.

the first time I saw the blue square brown wallet from Piquardo (http://www.piquadro.com/) while in Milan, I loved it. Every time people see it, they comment.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)