Sports & Recreation

Montreal Canadiens Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2017 2:46 am

Poll: Habs vs. Oilers: Which team do you predict will win tonight's game?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.

Poll ended at Nov 8th, 2006 3:23 pm

[OP]
Jun 3, 2004
739 posts
85 upvotes
MTL

Montreal Canadiens Mega Thread

You hear what I'm saying?

The HABS can do it!!

And let's not forget about the Montreal fans -- the hottest, loudest and meanest in the NHL. We definitely rule.

The citizens of Montreal are CUP HUNGRY!!!

***** Best wishes to the 2010 [Stanley Cup Playoff] Montreal Canadiens *****
Easily manage all your magazine subscriptions: Use my simple spreadsheet!
1668 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2004
2131 posts
5 upvotes
I think we've got a decent shot at winning the Cup this year as long as Theodore gets his groove back - I hope he regains his form and make the HABS a complete package this season.

They already have a great offensive team, a decent defence, now all they need is awesome goaltending and we're set!

GO HABS GO! :razz:
[OP]
Jun 3, 2004
739 posts
85 upvotes
MTL
And now that Richard Zednik is back in the lineup we have even more offensive punch. He played only 5 games since returning on Oct. 27. The result: 2 goals and 2 assists.

This guy delivers.

Hats off, chap!
Oct 20, 2004
794 posts
45 upvotes
Coquitlam
Fantastic young talent, amazing goaltending, great team cohesiveness, fantastic speed....Definitely a contender and they are going to cause serious trouble in the East this year.

An East Coast team I don't mind rooting for along with Ottawa....who does that leave out? :lol:
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2004
1305 posts
46 upvotes
BEGIN BEGIN BEGIN

this is the type of guy that will lead montreal to success.
blocks shots, puts on the hits, scores.
definition of a hard worker,

Buffalo is going down...we'll continue on the beating Ottawa started on them :D
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2004
1305 posts
46 upvotes
oh yeah...and we're NUMBER 1 seated in the easter conference :cheesygri
Jan 20, 2005
316 posts
Ottawa
the watcher wrote:oh yeah...and we're NUMBER 1 seated in the easter conference :cheesygri
...but they need more games than everyone else to get there. ;)
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1306 upvotes
Loup wrote:...but they need more games than everyone else to get there. ;)
Take away the game in hand and they're still 3 points up on the Leafs.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2002
2434 posts
4 upvotes
I still don't understand the Hossa trade though. At least trade him for somebody who WILL play this year.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2004
1305 posts
46 upvotes
actyper wrote:I still don't understand the Hossa trade though. At least trade him for somebody who WILL play this year.

i have faith in gainey
he's put something good on the ice
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2004
1305 posts
46 upvotes
MTL 3 - 2 BUF

Back to the number one spot of the eastern conference :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2004
2573 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto (Pasadena
Been a long time Montreal fan, but for the past decade or so I never really expected them to go all the way. I'm really amazed at how well they're doing this year, and hope for the best.

If I may introduce a touch of pessimism to this thread: The Canadiens have been quite fortunate in getting their goals when they're most needed, like Nashville. They're only +6 on the season (GF-GA), whereas the senators and redwings are +30. Eventually luck will catch up to them, but if they finish second to the Sens in the Northeast and wind up in the 4th seed in the playoffs, I'll be happy.

Picture this: a Habs-Sens conference final :D I can dream, can't I?

Go Habs!
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2004
1708 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
habs are winning and them being close is a good thing. they know how to win or get goals when they need to get them and timely goaltending as well.

GO HABS GO!
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2004
1305 posts
46 upvotes
Mintmaster wrote:Been a long time Montreal fan, but for the past decade or so I never really expected them to go all the way. I'm really amazed at how well they're doing this year, and hope for the best.

If I may introduce a touch of pessimism to this thread: The Canadiens have been quite fortunate in getting their goals when they're most needed, like Nashville. They're only +6 on the season (GF-GA), whereas the senators and redwings are +30. Eventually luck will catch up to them, but if they finish second to the Sens in the Northeast and wind up in the 4th seed in the playoffs, I'll be happy.

Picture this: a Habs-Sens conference final :D I can dream, can't I?

Go Habs!
nah this can't happen...sens will be eliminated first round :cheesygri
[OP]
Jun 3, 2004
739 posts
85 upvotes
MTL
the watcher wrote:nah this can't happen...sens will be eliminated first round :cheesygri
I couldn't agree with you more. The Sens are one of those teams that does well during the regular season, but then they somehow choke in the playoffs.

Do you guys remember two years ago when the Habs played Boston in the playoffs? Boston lead the series 3 games to 1, and everyone thought it was all over for the Habs. But amazingly the Canadiens went on to defeat Boston with 3 straight wins!

Unbelievable. You don't see that too often in the NHL.

That turnaround series against Boston was one of the greatest comebacks in franchise history and it marked a turning point for the team. (Even though the Habs went on to lose in 4 straight against Tampa Bay, the defending Stanley Cup champions.)