Sports & Recreation

Montreal Canadiens Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2017 2:46 am

Poll: Habs vs. Oilers: Which team do you predict will win tonight's game?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.

Poll ended at Nov 8th, 2006 3:23 pm

Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2008
4334 posts
609 upvotes
That is a bad trade. I know many may not agree, but a few years from now it will really show. It's like swapping Price for Ludnqvist.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
6882 posts
240 upvotes
Horrible trade but it was more a personality fit that management didn't like moreso than a talent issue.

The Habs will feel this next season.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2008
9062 posts
1648 upvotes
Toronto
JayLove06 wrote:
Jun 30th, 2016 1:58 am
That is a bad trade. I know many may not agree, but a few years from now it will really show. It's like swapping Price for Ludnqvist.
Agreed...hopefully we can get 3-4 good years of Weber....I worry after that though
bobbings wrote:
Jun 30th, 2016 8:38 am
Horrible trade but it was more a personality fit that management didn't like moreso than a talent issue.

The Habs will feel this next season.
It may actually improve the Habs for the short term...long term...not so much.

Weber is/was a stud D-man...there's no doubting that.

I worry about how much he has left in the tank
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2005
1640 posts
103 upvotes
I think it's not too bad. I mean we've seen plenty of of elite defensemen be relevant into their mid 30's, the issue is that by the time Weber's 34 and in decline, Montreal will still be on the hook for 5-6 more years. And Subban will be at the peak of his ability with just one year to go on his contract.

I read somewhere, it's like once the Leafs finally decided to hire more competent management the other teams decided to pick up the full retard path.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
3202 posts
33 upvotes
GTA
The Predators upgraded their defense by getting younger. PK will be a massive hit with the fans. Who will be the face of the Canadiens? Carey Price must not be thrill with this trade.
tk1000 wrote:
Jun 29th, 2016 3:59 pm
"#Blockbuster @CanadiensMTL trade PK Subban to @PredsNHL for Shea Weber #wow @Sportsnet @NHL."
from https://twitter.com/realkyper/status/748243295504052225
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
3780 posts
529 upvotes
PK was an undisciplined knucklehead who still played like a rookie (horrible mistakes and bad penalties galore). Webber's contract is a problem, but other than that, I'm fine with this trade.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
4048 posts
598 upvotes
Alexander Radulov signs with the Montreal Canadiens.

MB has gone nuts.
Mar 23, 2006
691 posts
115 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote:
Jun 29th, 2016 8:40 pm
I think his contract will be rather easy to get rid of. It was massively front end loaded. The last 4 years see a team paying a total of 6 million while taking a cap hit of $31,428,568. If you're a cap floor team, that's a dream contract. Especially considering the guy will probably still be a good 3-5 defenseman.
Exactly, I believe this contract is the last one of the 10-12 year contracts to try and circumvent the salary cap. The last 3-4 years of Weber's contract will be a dream contract for teams try to reach the minimum cap floor such as Arizona and Columbus. Imagine a team only having to pay $1 million contract but getting almost $8 million in salary cap to reach the minimum and receive NHL subsidized funding.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/shea-weber
Mar 23, 2006
691 posts
115 upvotes
JustBob wrote:
Jun 30th, 2016 7:13 pm
PK was an undisciplined knucklehead who still played like a rookie (horrible mistakes and bad penalties galore). Webber's contract is a problem, but other than that, I'm fine with this trade.
I believe this was the final straw that broke the camel's back. With the score tied 2 to 2 and only three minutes to play, Subban cost the Habs minimum 1 point and chance for win in OT. If he is going to take a risk, he better make sure there are sufficient players to cover him at the back end. One of the worst mistakes a defenceman can make.

How often do you hear your coach publicly humiliate you and call you "selfish" ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4padXNNXck
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
4048 posts
598 upvotes
fastmiele wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2016 2:32 am
I believe this was the final straw that broke the camel's back. With the score tied 2 to 2 and only three minutes to play, Subban cost the Habs minimum 1 point and chance for win in OT. If he is going to take a risk, he better make sure there are sufficient players to cover him at the back end. One of the worst mistakes a defenceman can make.

How often do you hear your coach publicly humiliate you and call you "selfish" ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4padXNNXck
Don't forget this boneheaded play.
Mar 23, 2006
691 posts
115 upvotes
iamskyhigh wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2016 12:40 pm
Don't forget this boneheaded play.
wow. I never saw this play before, when was this game ?

I don't mind players being creative, but for defencemen, you better make sure the puck doesn't end up in the back of your own net.
I hate to say this but I always supported PK Subban because of the stuff he has done for the community and in general a good guy all round, but to go forward you can't have him playing on your team. As a hockey player when you see your own team mate do risky plays that are not necessary and costing you goals/points you lose your confidence and your mentality changes.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10173 posts
607 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
First one, Subban blows a tire in the offensive zone. It ended up being three on three. Patches, not used to playing D, let his man go, who eventually scored.
Second one was bad.

Apparently, Thierrien never liked Subban, even before he was MTL's coach.
Mar 23, 2006
691 posts
115 upvotes
rabbit wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2016 2:33 am
First one, Subban blows a tire in the offensive zone. It ended up being three on three. Patches, not used to playing D, let his man go, who eventually scored.
Second one was bad.

I guess you can say Patches let his man go, but at the end of the Subban's risky play started the breakout and put his team mates in a vulnerable spot.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10173 posts
607 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
fastmiele wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2016 2:33 pm
I guess you can say Patches let his man go, but at the end of the Subban's risky play started the breakout and put his team mates in a vulnerable spot.
No, it wasn't a risky play. Watching it again, the Colorado guy poked the puck off Subban's stick (and the resulting collision made Subban fall over). Look at the players on the left side. None of them were wearing a Habs jersey.

You can say he made a risky play, but Markov throwing it over to Subban, who was being covered, put him in a bad spot. ;)
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2008
4334 posts
609 upvotes
rabbit wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2016 2:33 am
Second one was bad.

This is true. He was on L'Antichambre crticizing the kid. One thing about Therrien is he's a bully. I can't believe the team actually chose him over Subban. Eller was a pretty solid player too who got traded away. Are we seriously going into the season with DD at C? We all know he's going to be 1C at some point in the season and will get 1st wave PP duties.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)