Sports & Recreation

Montreal Canadiens Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2017 8:57 am

Poll: Habs vs. Oilers: Which team do you predict will win tonight's game?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.

Poll ended at Nov 8th, 2006 3:23 pm

Mar 23, 2006
647 posts
88 upvotes
rabbit wrote:
Jul 4th, 2016 2:04 am
No, it wasn't a risky play. Watching it again, the Colorado guy poked the puck off Subban's stick (and the resulting collision made Subban fall over). Look at the players on the left side. None of them were wearing a Habs jersey.

You can say he made a risky play, but Markov throwing it over to Subban, who was being covered, put him in a bad spot. ;)
Maybe "risky play" is not the best description, but it was definitely an unnecessary play. This is the way I look at it:
1) Markov throws a long lateral pass to him, Subban is quite well covered. In my opinion, he should of dumped the puck in the corner or try to skate forwards along the boards.
2) because Subban is right handed and trying to skate along the blue line from right to left, its harder to control/move the puck.
3) the Colorado player to my surprise is able make great strides and makes up a lot of ice and able to slash/take a hack at Subban causing him to lose control of the puck. Once Subban realizes he lost control of the puck he tries to stop/reverse which causes him to lose an edge and wipes out.
4) The break out starts out as a 3 on 2 but Patches does a great job of catching up but at the end he lets his man go and Ignila taps it in.

With only a few minutes left to go in a game, I don't think its a good idea to do passes back up to the point. Too many weird things can happen, the ice is choppy and slow. The puck can hop over your blade, etc. I remember one time in a playoff game in OT, the a person down low threw a pass back up to the point and the players blade/shafted snapped in half. Opposition went on a break away and scored. I know this is getting crazy/rare, but the Hockey Gods can sometimes be quite cruel.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 27, 2004
9942 posts
534 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
JayLove06 wrote:
Jul 4th, 2016 8:04 am
This is true. He was on L'Antichambre crticizing the kid. One thing about Therrien is he's a bully. I can't believe the team actually chose him over Subban. Eller was a pretty solid player too who got traded away.
Looking back, I'm not liking some of the latest trades: Subban, Eller, Smith-Pelly.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
21988 posts
4452 upvotes
GTHA
Patrick Roy announced his resignation from position as head coach & Vice President of Hockey Operations with Avalanche.

Is Michel Therrien's on the hot seat or will Roy be joining the Las Vegas franchise?
Jun 16, 2016
64 posts
6 upvotes
Wonder how this season will turn out.

On one hand, a healthy Price will take things back to where they used to be, going to miss Lars and PK, but I am sure Shaw/Weber/Radulov will be interesting to watch as well.

Should also be interesting which young players push to make the roster as there are many possible options for those pushing for a spot in camp.

I swear, everyone I get a Jersey for gets traded or leaves the team, got a Saku Koivu jersey the year before the Gomez party came in, a Cammalleri jersey before he got traded mid game and a PK Subban jersey that I returned to the store (still was mine for 1 day).
Deal Fanatic
Jun 27, 2004
9942 posts
534 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Get a Desharnais sweater Smiling Face With Open Mouth .
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2010
6857 posts
1249 upvotes
Toronto
koffey wrote:
Jun 28th, 2016 11:15 am
tk1000 wrote:
Jun 27th, 2016 8:44 pm
"Canadiens sign Andrew Shaw to a six-year extension. $3.9 AAV"
from https://twitter.com/TSN_Sports/status/7 ... 2830347265
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Jun 28th, 2016 12:26 am
He's a playoff performer, but man, 4 million per for someone that gets a bit over 30 pts a season? Wow...
Hawks fan here. Yikes! That's a lot for Shaw. He really only came through in the 2013 playoffs. He also plays on such as edge that he's problem-matic and cost Chicago a few times, mostly noted during the 1st round against St. Louis. Stan wasn't going to resign him, writing was on the wall after the early exit. Hope he does well in Montreal, will miss the mut.
Shaw has a hearing today for his boarding call. Guess he didn't learn from last years playoffs.

http://www.tsn.ca/habs-shaw-to-have-hea ... y-1.575409
t3359 wrote:
May 13th, 2016 9:56 am
...The magic eight ball would randomly say things and logic would never work. The eight ball is just a gimmick and a waste of time and effort. So equivalently, there is no possibility to "debate" you.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
6505 posts
1276 upvotes
montoya must have been thinking mon dieu get me out of this game tonight
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 27, 2004
9942 posts
534 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Yeah, that was one big wtf. Oh well, at least it was only one game. :) I guess Therrien wanted to make sure Price is well rested, as Montoya won't be playing again for the next ten games or more :D .
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2005
4653 posts
485 upvotes
Wow what is Therrien thinking. You leave a goalie in for 5 goals and thats it. But all 10 is ridiculous. This will only incite a team implosion again for the Habs. Not that i'm a fan of theirs anyways,
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
21988 posts
4452 upvotes
GTHA
162 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2016 8:24 am
Wow what is Therrien thinking. You leave a goalie in for 5 goals and thats it. But all 10 is ridiculous. This will only incite a team implosion again for the Habs. Not that i'm a fan of theirs anyways,
Canadiens have 4 home games in 7 nights. Price having the night off to be well rested for those games. Montoya next game will probably the the away game in Chicago on Sunday Nov 13th.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel