Sports & Recreation

Montreal Canadiens Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2017 2:46 am

Poll: Habs vs. Oilers: Which team do you predict will win tonight's game?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.

Poll ended at Nov 8th, 2006 3:23 pm

Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3271 posts
1928 upvotes
North Vancouver
Canadiens fire Michel Therrien, name Claude Julien head coach. Wow.
Feb 1, 2017
166 posts
140 upvotes
Considering the habs management have this stupid main focus on having a franco Coach, rather than winning, this was the only decision that could be made as Julien is the only good franco coach out there. I am a habs fan, but I can't stand their management and have felt that way for a couple of decades now no matter who they bring in. How many other teams in the league value having "local boys" over winning? Stupid management.

Fact is, winning is all that matters and nobody in Montreal would give a crap what language the coach or players speak as long as they win!
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10372 posts
662 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
The press and politicians would, sadly.
Feb 1, 2017
166 posts
140 upvotes
rabbit wrote:
Feb 15th, 2017 2:00 am
The press and politicians would, sadly.
Actually, they wouldn't - not if they're winning.

Now if the habs were losing with an Anglo coach, they would crucify him! Remember Cunneyworth? Montreal is disgusting for that political type stuff that doesn't belong near a hockey team, and if being a habs fan wasn't ingrained in me from when I was born, I definitely wouldn't be one. But I can't change now as it would be like disowning your child! lol
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10372 posts
662 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
On TSN 1040 (Vancouver radio), they were talking about the French speaking coach thing. Al MacNeil was brought up, about how he won a Stanley Cup, but he didn't get along with Henri Richard and other French speaking dudes, so he was sent to the minors. And then they wondered about Scotty Bowman. Said that he grew up in Quebec, but nobody remembers him speaking French.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
5067 posts
954 upvotes
Whitby
rabbit wrote:
Feb 16th, 2017 2:12 am
On TSN 1040 (Vancouver radio), they were talking about the French speaking coach thing. Al MacNeil was brought up, about how he won a Stanley Cup, but he didn't get along with Henri Richard and other French speaking dudes, so he was sent to the minors. And then they wondered about Scotty Bowman. Said that he grew up in Quebec, but nobody remembers him speaking French.
I heard Scotty Bowman speaking French.

edit....Wiki says Bowman is bilingual.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2008
9321 posts
1860 upvotes
Toronto
at least Therrien is gone...hopefully Desharnais gets sent packing with him now. The only other French-speaking options were Bob Hartley and Marc Crawford.

Put Galchenyuk back as first line centre and play him 25 minutes a night for starters. Deal with the growing pains.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
3535 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto
Those who have been to the Bell Centre, do you know how much a Carey Price is selling for?
Jun 28, 2015
194 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Mr. Robo wrote:
Feb 26th, 2017 8:20 pm
Those who have been to the Bell Centre, do you know how much a Carey Price is selling for?
Last I heard, you cant buy humans in Canada ;)
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
3535 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto
LucifersGhost wrote:
Feb 28th, 2017 10:15 am
Last I heard, you cant buy humans in Canada ;)
Well, I meant his jersey at the shop there..........Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10372 posts
662 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Agreed and agreed! One of the radio guys in Montreal was really ripping into Patches, rightfully saying that his compete level is below that of rookie Lehkonen (and Gallagher, although not many people are going to compete more than Gallagher).

Well, at least we didn't get skunked at home 7-0, like the Oilers :D . But with the Habs tonight, it's almost like they figure that they had the series in the bag, after winning game three.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10372 posts
662 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Damn, I should have listed another name in my previous comment, since both Lehkonen and Gallagher scored :D .

OT! Let's go, Habs!