• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2018 3:01 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 26, 2018
12 posts

Montreal trip

I going on road trip to montreal on the coming Sunday any suggestions about the places to visit and the food to try there.. or any other place near montreal / on the way to see....
11 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
4422 posts
2374 upvotes
There is NO LOCATION in your RFD Profile
So in order to provide helpful info... we need to know where you are driving from

Answer would be different if Halifax vs Toronto
Or Quebec City vs Ottawa
Oct 23, 2017
361 posts
157 upvotes
GTA West
rafay123 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2018 6:12 pm
I going on road trip to montreal on the coming Sunday any suggestions about the places to visit and the food to try there.. or any other place near montreal / on the way to see....
To get quality answers here, I find it is best to pose thoughtful, detailed questions. E.g. it is good to do some basic research of your own, explain the purpose of the trip, the timeline, and your interests and then ask for comments on the choices you are thinking of. That kind of post usually starts the juices flowing here :)
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4300 posts
893 upvotes
Alberta
Swartz Deli for their smoked meat sandwiches and St-Viateur for their bagels.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
4136 posts
429 upvotes
Montreal
Old Montreal, Port, Beaver Lake, St Joseph's Oratory.
Phils
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2005
1700 posts
44 upvotes
Just bumping this ... heading down with the family in May. Looking for fun places to go with a 12 and 15 year old, good eats (Swartz is a must) and shopping, daughter likes "vintage clothes shopping" and wife definitely not! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Recommendations?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5227 posts
1060 upvotes
Markham
Go to Smoke Meat Pete for the best Smoked Meat on your way in or out of Montreal.

https://www.yelp.ca/biz/smoke-meat-pete ... e-perrot-2

La Banquise for Poutine.

I didn't eat this but I do want to now...from Smoke Meat Pete.

https://www.yelp.ca/biz/smoke-meat-pete ... e-perrot-2
Images
  • o.jpg
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Nov 22, 2017
6 posts
5 upvotes
We were just in Montreal this weekend - my recommendation is check out 'Au Pied du Cochon' restaurant. Laid back atmosphere but the food was phenomenal. Lots of foie gras dishes. Be sure to make a reservation because they get pretty busy.

Quartier de spectacles was nice, as was the Old Port, St. Joseph Oratory and Mont-Royal. Lots to see/do/eat all around Montreal :)
Aug 23, 2010
175 posts
29 upvotes
Went to Montreal recently and tried both Schwartz and Main Deli Steak House (located conveniently just across the street from Schwartz), and I honestly couldn't tell you the difference one from the other. I have to give it to Schwartz for their marketing!
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2005
1351 posts
50 upvotes
IcedUpSquirrel wrote:
May 24th, 2018 1:45 pm
Went to Montreal recently and tried both Schwartz and Main Deli Steak House (located conveniently just across the street from Schwartz), and I honestly couldn't tell you the difference one from the other. I have to give it to Schwartz for their marketing!
Schwartz' is really overrated. To me, not even a good sandwich. Skip it and hit Reuben's.