Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

More Rewards Pile Up the Points

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2019 12:22 am
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
4279 posts
4638 upvotes
Province of Bring Ca…

More Rewards Pile Up the Points

Deal Link:
Expiry:
August 31, 2019

Last year's discussion: earn-20-000-more-rewards-85-80-value-wh ... s-2168676/

How many bonus points can I earn?
Shop at 3 Partners 2,000 Points
Shop at 4 Partners 5,000 Points
Shop at 5 Partners 20,000 Points

You should be getting at least 1 More Rewards point from each partner you shop at. For Petro Can you have to link your More Rewards card with Petro Can account.

It's not a really hot deal but still something you can take advantage of.

I usually avoid going to SoF in GVA as they're super way overpriced. However, from this event you can get up to 20,000 points which is equivalent to more than $120 savings if you use the points wisely.

BC Ferries Travel Voucher - Vehicle & Driver Voucher - One Way Fare: 7500 points + $45, which means you get $40 off from the 7500 points
Sea to Sky Gondola - Adult (19-64) - 2600 points + $26, which means you get $16 off from the 2600 points

Last year the rate was even better. That's why I don't like the OW group. They constantly jack up prices.

Anyways, it's not hard to accomplish the quest.

Here is what I'm planning to do:

1. Shop at SoF/Pricesmart
2. Gas at Petro Can (Hard for me as I'm driving an EV now but still I can just go and buy something a the CVS)
3. Panago - last year I just bought a small bottle of juice, $1.
4. Vancouver Attractions - go online and buy the cheapest kid fare for any attraction, if you're not planning to go.
5. The last one is a bit hard as last year they're pairing with Carrots but unfortunately Carrot is gone for good RIP :(
I probably will go to oxygen yoga and sign up for a one week trial. Just $10 bucks.
08/21/2019: I just came back from oxygen yoga. The manager told me only membership purchase is qualified for More Rewards points. The lowest cost is to purchase the one week trial. They don't have a machine to scan the card so she took my card to her computer to manually enter the number. Not sure if she did that right so I suggested that if you wanna go to oxygen yoga you'd better be quick to make sure the points will post correctly into your card before Aug 31.

2 to 5 are extra spending to me but those should be less than $20 in total and get me $120 back.

Enjoy :D
Last edited by naticom on Aug 21st, 2019 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
123 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
6830 posts
1257 upvotes
Seems like no minimum purchase amounts required this year.

Usually don't shop at Pricemart/SOF. Is it a minimum of $1 spend to get 1 point there?
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
4279 posts
4638 upvotes
Province of Bring Ca…
yes you get 1 point for every $1 you spend (I remember 99cent will get you a point)
Arrow wrote: Seems like no minimum purchase amounts required this year.

Usually don't shop at Pricemart/SOF. Is it a minimum of $1 spend to get 1 point there?
Aug 1, 2019
6 posts
3 upvotes
If you shop at PriceSmart and Save On does that count as two different partners?
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
4279 posts
4638 upvotes
Province of Bring Ca…
I havent got the answer from their FB page but last year it didn't count.
11Van11 wrote: If you shop at PriceSmart and Save On does that count as two different partners?
Deal Addict
May 10, 2008
2190 posts
2394 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
If you can’t think of what to buy at SOF, their Western Family ice cream is on sale this week for $2.99. The Nanaimo bar flavour is great.

OP, I love your strategy. Thanks for sharing!
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1734 posts
1212 upvotes
Vancouver
naticom wrote: I usually avoid going to SoF in GVA as they're super way overpriced. However, from this event you can get up to 20,000 points which is equivalent to more than $120 savings if you use the points wisely.
I usually agree but you can find some good deals every now and then. I love their Strawberry Black Forest Cake and it's usually $14.99 (or $16.99?) but it was on sale for $9.99 2 or 3 flyers ago which I thought was a great deal considering that's the lowest I've ever seen.

I do like your plan though. Looking at the vendors, it looked impossible to fulfill another 2 vendors (Save Ons, Petro, Panago are easy) so maybe I'll follow your lead. Seems the most cost efficient.

EDIT: Nitobe Memorial Garden Child fare is $4. Seems to be the cheapest on Vancouver Attractions.

EDIT 2: nvm, Child Bloedel is $3.30

EDIT 3: T&Cs show Panago and Oxygen Fitness do not allow online purchases? Bummer in terms of convenience.
Jun 28, 2019
473 posts
291 upvotes
Vancouver
So what’s the cheapest way of taking advantage of this deal?

I’ll buy some grocery, fill up on gas, and get pizza.

Can I buy a pen at Accent Inns and a water bottle at Oxygen yoga?
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2014
2033 posts
1013 upvotes
It does specify to "shop at different partner locations" multiple times (instead of simply "shop at different partners"), so technically we should be able to shop at two different Save-on-Foods locations, for instance, and be good, though that may require you to fight for your points

Anyone willing to risk it for the biscuit
Aug 18, 2014
7 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
G0DKING wrote: It does specify to "shop at different partner locations" multiple times (instead of simply "shop at different partners"), so technically we should be able to shop at two different Save-on-Foods locations, for instance, and be good, though that may require you to fight for your points

Anyone willing to risk it for the biscuit
No it wouldn't work. From their FAQ "If I make two transactions at one partner, will this qualify as shopping with two partners?
The requirement for entry is one transactions per individual partner. For example, to qualify for the 3 partner bonus, you will need to make 1 transaction at three distinct partners."
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2014
2033 posts
1013 upvotes
mitelsp wrote: No it wouldn't work. From their FAQ "If I make two transactions at one partner, will this qualify as shopping with two partners?
The requirement for entry is one transactions per individual partner. For example, to qualify for the 3 partner bonus, you will need to make 1 transaction at three distinct partners."
Nice catch
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
3401 posts
715 upvotes
Toronto
Other than Petro, how can we participate in the promo in GTA?
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1734 posts
1212 upvotes
Vancouver
Does your Petro Points card have to be linked to your More Rewards card? Or can I just have them scan my More Rewards card and it'll still work? The wording is getting me a bit confused.

EDIT: nvm read their FAQ:

To earn More Rewards points at Petro-CanadaTM, you will need to link your Petro-PointsTM and More Rewards card together prior to purchase. For further information, visit https://www.morerewards.ca/petro-points.

Darn, I just made a purchase today and just had the cashier scan my More Rewards card.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1954 posts
1477 upvotes
Rewards catalogue has really reduced the number of choices offered for redemption. You could redeem for a lot of merchandise before (although likely not the best value). If I remember, they had 20+ pages of rewards you could redeem for before. Not sure it's worth collecting points anymore with the limited selection now
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
4279 posts
4638 upvotes
Province of Bring Ca…
I purchased a bar of mentos at Petro-Can on Tuesday (with my More Rewards card linked with Petro Points) and I got the points the next day.

Now I've accomplished four:

1. SoF
2. Petro Can ($1.65)
3. Vancouver Attractions ($6.6)
4. Panago (with $1.10 juice, but I donated 90 cent change to the guy who held door for me and asked me for the change, so $2)

I'm heading to Oxygen Yoga and see if buying a bottle of water counts. If yes, then my unnecessary expenses will be 1.65+6.6+2+(a bottle of water) which will be < $15 in total to get $120 points back.

If anyone finds cheap stuff to buy at SpeedyGlass let me know.

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
6830 posts
1257 upvotes
Why not just do a home insurance quote for a freebie?
Nov 18, 2016
98 posts
38 upvotes
Calgary
I'm sorry, how are you getting $120 value from 20,000 points? Is there some redemeption events?
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2015
2544 posts
2555 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Thx OP, had no idea that redeeming points other than saveon was possible.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
4279 posts
4638 upvotes
Province of Bring Ca…
see my first post...but probably only applies to BC/GVA residents..
OKurec wrote: I'm sorry, how are you getting $120 value from 20,000 points? Is there some redemeption events?