Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
9391 posts
949 upvotes
sienna owner wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 11:39 am
no..sorry...meant for the cedars
Lol..i didnt take care of the cedars
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
9391 posts
949 upvotes
Dsidhu wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 1:32 pm
How tall do you mow your lawn?

I raise you this :P

https://i.imgur.com/cQpUr3k.jpg
I always mowe at highest
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Nov 14, 2013
439 posts
125 upvotes
Brampton, Ontario
urssohail wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 11:28 am
nice green grass :)
what topsoil and seed do you use? care to share how you re-seed and when? also when do you fertilize?
I will be honest, i have been living here 3 years and all i do is fertilize using Scotts turf builder every 3 months. I do medium cuts, alternating pick up one week and the mulching the next
My backyard gets more shade then my front. I water my backyard every 2-3 days for 20 minutes and my front lawn gets it every other day for about 15- 20 minutes (due to the fact that it gets lots of sun after 11 am).

I tried the whole when is the best time/amount to water but the above mention works the best for me.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2005
1758 posts
99 upvotes
Dsidhu wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 1:49 pm
I will be honest, i have been living here 3 years and all i do is fertilize using Scotts turf builder every 3 months. I do medium cuts, alternating pick up one week and the mulching the next
My backyard gets more shade then my front. I water my backyard every 2-3 days for 20 minutes and my front lawn gets it every other day for about 15- 20 minutes (due to the fact that it gets lots of sun after 11 am).

I tried the whole when is the best time/amount to water but the above mention works the best for me.
If you've only been there for 3 years, then it is the builder that put down the sod. It certainly does looks great, and the regimen that you posted works...but only in your situation where your grass is relatively "fresh". Most of us here have lawns that have been neglected for years, and it is much harder to revitalize a bad condition lawn, than it is to maintain a good one.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
3934 posts
16503 upvotes
TORONTO
sumrandomguy wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 4:10 pm
If you've only been there for 3 years, then it is the builder that put down the sod. It certainly does looks great, and the regimen that you posted works...but only in your situation where your grass is relatively "fresh". Most of us here have lawns that have been neglected for years, and it is much harder to revitalize a bad condition lawn, than it is to maintain a good one.
Exactly.

I'd like to see some awesome pics of before/after jobs. Not what the builder put for me. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Nov 14, 2013
439 posts
125 upvotes
Brampton, Ontario
sumrandomguy wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 4:10 pm
anon_s wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 4:48 pm
Exactly.

I'd like to see some awesome pics of before/after jobs. Not what the builder put for me. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

I lived in another home for about ~12 years. It was the same care taken, I don't have pictures of the lawn there or I would proven my next point. Only difference was we had a sprinkler system installed there.

It took the new owner 1 summer to neglect the lawn and it went downhill after. I doubt he knew how to work the system or probably broke it.

I seen homes with newer lawns in my area neglected. I don't see how age plays a factor but rather the level of neglect and not doing anything about it until the damage is done.

I posted what I do to my lawn healthy, hopefully helping others.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7696 posts
183 upvotes
mmm..makes we want to find old picture before i starting taking care of the lawn
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
3934 posts
16503 upvotes
TORONTO
Dsidhu wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 9:38 am
I lived in another home for about ~12 years. It was the same care taken, I don't have pictures of the lawn there or I would proven my next point. Only difference was we had a sprinkler system installed there.

It took the new owner 1 summer to neglect the lawn and it went downhill after. I doubt he knew how to work the system or probably broke it.

I seen homes with newer lawns in my area neglected. I don't see how age plays a factor but rather the level of neglect and not doing anything about it until the damage is done.

I posted what I do to my lawn healthy, hopefully helping others.
Not a specific knock on your post and I definitely agree that one summer or even part of summer of neglect can ruin a lawn to hell. Having said that, reviving a lawn is a tougher job and bringing it back to the level of your current job, is an accomplishment.

Good job on maintaining your lawn and thanks for sharing.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7696 posts
183 upvotes
porksoda wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 11:15 pm
i have not done by second fertilizer spreading yet, it is cooler during the days and nights - is it recomended to do so now or wait till end of summer?
supposed to do it every 4-6 weeks
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
9391 posts
949 upvotes
porksoda wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 11:15 pm
i have not done by second fertilizer spreading yet, it is cooler during the days and nights - is it recomended to do so now or wait till end of summer?
every 4 to 6 weeks and i usually do it before the rain starts
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)