• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2019 3:03 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7393 posts
2097 upvotes

Mortal Kombat 11 - April 23rd, 2019

Hyped to see where the story goes, because a lot of characters died in Mortal Kombat 9 and Mortal Kombat X,
some of which are returning as undead characters in Mortal Kombat 11.

The first upcoming DLC announced is Shang Tsung played by the same actor from the 1995 Hollywood Mortal Kombat movie:
https://www.polygon.com/2019/3/22/18277 ... uki-tagawa

Regular version is $79.99
Deluxe version with the season pass is $129.99 (6 DLC characters for season pass 1, - Shang Tsung is the first one confirmed)

Probably not returning:

Mileena (killed in Mortal Kombat X)
Reptile (NeverRealm revealed Reptile was the least played character in Mortal Kombat XL out of the full final 29 character roster)
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/25 ... 1/77305186

Confirmed Roster:

Scorpion
Sub-Zero (the one of the two brothers that survived)
Raiden
Sonya Blade
Johnny Cage
Cassie Cage
Kano
Jacqui Briggs
Skarlet
Kotal Kahn
Kabal
D'Vorah
Baraka
Shao Khan (pre-order bonus)
Jade (undead + human form)
Noob Saibot
Erron Black
Geras (new to the series)
Liu Kang (undead + human form)
Kung Lao (undead + human form)
Kitana (undead + human form)
Jax (Jaxon Briggs)
Kronika (new character)
Frost (unlocked after beating story mode)

Shang Tsung (1 of 6 DLC characters)

Unconfirmed DLC characters from the alleged leaks:

Joker (from Batman)
Terminator (from the old movies)
Ash (from an old movie)
Sindel
Nightwolf
Spawn
Fujin
Sheeva

I was hoping the DLC characters will not be guest characters from movies. Predator and a Halloween character were in the last games.
I rather have all Mortal Kombat series characters make it in as DLC.
Last edited by XFactor11 on Apr 20th, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
23 replies
Apr 16, 2012
522 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
I played the stress test beta, and I absolutely loved it. The pace is slightly slower and so that, along with the presence of "flawless blocks," makes the game a bit more tactical than in the past. The graphics, and in particular the HDR, looked phenomenal on the Xbox One X. The character and stage designs are superb. There is also a lot of character customization.

Overall very happy with the roster, especially Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, Scorpion, Sub Zero, Erron Black, Baraka, and Noob Saibot.

I've got the Premium Edition pre-ordered, and looking forward to seeing what other characters they've got planned for DLC.

Also, the pre-order beta will be available for us on Wednesday.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2932 posts
680 upvotes
Ajax
$50 for 6 characters? WTF!?

How about no more than $5 per character.
Apr 16, 2012
522 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
mrtvgame wrote:
Mar 28th, 2019 1:34 pm
$50 for 6 characters? WTF!?

How about no more than $5 per character.
You get more than 6 characters. 7 skins and 7 gear pieces, plus early access to all DLC content.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2932 posts
680 upvotes
Ajax
MeasureTheory wrote:
Apr 1st, 2019 10:58 am
You get more than 6 characters. 7 skins and 7 gear pieces, plus early access to all DLC content.
What is the DLC going to consist of?
Apr 16, 2012
522 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
mrtvgame wrote:
Apr 1st, 2019 9:41 pm
What is the DLC going to consist of?
6 characters, 7 skins, and 7 pieces of gear, plus early access to all of these characters and items.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2932 posts
680 upvotes
Ajax
MeasureTheory wrote:
Apr 1st, 2019 9:47 pm
6 characters, 7 skins, and 7 pieces of gear, plus early access to all of these characters and items.
Sorry all of that for $50? They can kiss my %&!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7393 posts
2097 upvotes
The story mode in MK 11 is really good but the ending detracts from the experience.

I don't know why NeverRealm or Warner Bros. decided to hire Ronda Rousey to play Sonya Blade.
She is atrocious as a voice actress. The delivery of her lines sound flat and monotonous. It definitely stands out as really bad voice work
compared to everyone else in the game.

The improvements in overall aesthetics and move animations over Mortal Kombat 10 is incredible.

Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3689 posts
898 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 5:02 pm
The story mode in MK 11 is really good but the ending detracts from the experience.

I don't know why NeverRealm or Warner Bros. decided to hire Ronda Rousey to play Sonya Blade.
She is atrocious as a voice actress. The delivery of her lines sound flat and monotonous. It definitely stands out as really bad voice work
compared to everyone else in the game.

The improvements in overall aesthetics and move animations over Mortal Kombat 10 is incredible.
I finally played through MKX via Gamepass and loved it... But yeah, it's obvious that the presentation of MK11 is vastly better, using the same Unreal 3 engine to boot. Cant wait to jump into this...
Games: XBox Live: M1GO

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2120 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
Is it just nostalgia talking or what, but after all these years I feel the series still peaked at 2...
Steam: Sir Boors
PSN: Sir_Boors

It's a great time to be a nerd.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7393 posts
2097 upvotes
The series has gotten way better since then. I played MK2 when I was a young kid on the SNES (my parents don't care what games I play or movies I watch).
The Mortal Kombat games did not have a way to string together moves for combos until UMK3. MK2 was just special moves and uppercut for the most damage done.
BYan wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 6:59 pm
Is it just nostalgia talking or what, but after all these years I feel the series still peaked at 2...

The story mode is really good to experience despite the ending.
Mortal Kombat 11 is the second best game I've played in 2019 thus far.

It does have a lot of grinding to do if you want to unlock all the outfits, etc. in the Krypt.
The trophies/achievements are really easy to obtain.

MK11 has really high production values. I am currently ranked 3rd on the leaderboards in one mode because I was able to buy it early and play it all weekend.
That is the highest I've ever been on any worldwide online leaderboards for any game.

Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3689 posts
898 upvotes
Toronto
BYan wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 6:59 pm
Have you played the recent ones though? Presentation wise, there's so much to do if you aren't into multiplayer battles, from single player, towers and the krypt... and NetherRealm bar none have the best single player presentation I've ever seen in a fighting game... It puts Capcom to shame tbh (even though I love the actual fighting mechanics of Capcom games more
Games: XBox Live: M1GO

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2120 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 7:07 pm
The Mortal Kombat games did not have a way to string together moves for combos until UMK3. MK2 was just special moves and uppercut for the most damage done.
I totally remember that. Scorpion spear plus uppercut is permanently ingrained into my consciousness. But I still feel even the newer mks seem to rely on same/similar movesets. A jumpkick is a jumpkick is a jumpkick, whereas competitors like Street Fighter have completely different moves for every single character - ie, a Ryu jumpkick is a completely different thing in terms of how it works to, say, a E-honda jumpkick.
M1GOmigs wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 7:54 pm
Have you played the recent ones though?

Actually I have. X and the ones on 360/ps3, and all of the DC crossover / Injustice series. I still enjoy them, and they really do have the best SP campaigns out of any fighters, but the story has gotten away from me. Used to be 10 fights to determine conquest of realms earth vs outworld. Is that even still a thing anymore, lol? These days I just get the new MKs to see what crazy guest stars turn up.
Steam: Sir Boors
PSN: Sir_Boors

It's a great time to be a nerd.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2004
1739 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
Has anyone tried this on Intel UHD 620 graphics or something similar? I don't mind running it at 720P and lower settings...
Surface Pro 6 | Intel Core i5-8250U | 8GB Memory | 256GB Solid State Storage | Intel UHD Graphics 620 | Windows 10 64-Bit (1903) Home