Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2931 posts
680 upvotes
Ajax
ReeGee wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 1:44 pm
turns out the mtx nickle and diming with this game is much much worse than that
And it is for that reason I immediately returned my copy to Best Buy. Will look at maybe down the road when it's in the bargain bin. Disgusting but not surprising.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6788 posts
2954 upvotes
Toronto
mrtvgame wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 1:56 pm
And it is for that reason I immediately returned my copy to Best Buy. Will look at maybe down the road when it's in the bargain bin. Disgusting but not surprising.
it's the reason I've lost interest in the genre almost entirely when it used to be by far my favorite and most played. I guess it's niche enough that the hardcore loyalists are willing to tolerate this crap but I'd rather spend $40-50 on a new game in another genre over buying a handful of characters in a fighting game I already payed for.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7389 posts
2097 upvotes
Unlocking the costumes and their colour variations is optional plus you can get points easily buy setting your AI Team to battle for you.

My computer controlled characters pull off wins and progress faster than I do on my own.

At the character select screen, there is an option to send in your customized character as an AI to try to do the fights for you
(the button for front punch).

ReeGee wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 1:44 pm
turns out the mtx nickle and diming with this game is much much worse than that
mrtvgame wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 1:56 pm
Aug 20, 2009
7048 posts
1730 upvotes
Grimsby
I watched some Youtube videos and this game actually looks really good, I think I'm going to pick it up. I don't care about playing it long term and grinding anything, just want a fun fighter for 10-20 hours and this fits the bill.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7389 posts
2097 upvotes

Shang Tsung reveal. It is the same actor from the 1995 movie (which is one of my favourite movies when I was a kid).
He does say the line.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6306 posts
1807 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 7:30 pm

Shang Tsung reveal. It is the same actor from the 1995 movie (which is one of my favourite movies when I was a kid).
He does say the line.
Spawn is actually going to be voiced by the same voice actor as the one from the Spawn HBO cartoon series.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2119 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 7:30 pm
It is the same actor from the 1995 movie (which is one of my favourite movies when I was a kid).
Still hard to believe after all these years that one stands at the top of the mountain when it comes to faithful videogame adaptions. Still stands up today, too. The dude was also in one of the 007 movies - was really surprised to see him in there.
Steam: Sir Boors
PSN: Sir_Boors

It's a great time to be a nerd.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3507 posts
1056 upvotes
BYan wrote:
Jun 4th, 2019 3:04 pm
Still hard to believe after all these years that one stands at the top of the mountain when it comes to faithful videogame adaptions. Still stands up today, too. The dude was also in one of the 007 movies - was really surprised to see him in there.
He's also in the Mortal Kombat Legacy reboot as Shang Tsung again. Say what you will about that movie but he did a fantastic job as the villain.

Thankfully, I can't say it's the best video game to movie adaptation ever. We now have Pokemon: Detective Pikachu and Sonic coming out... wait.... I meant just Pokemon =P.