Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25452 posts
2762 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
pinkpearl wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 4:02 pm
Why are you assuming anything?

I'm wondering how you think the mechanics of my bad reputation actually work. Have my haters actually contacted EVERYONE in my industry to tell them how horrible I am, or do they somehow know which jobs/companies I'm applying to and contact them each directly?
I don’t know. I didn’t say you have a bad reputation. It could be a possibility. Maybe it’s your age. Maybe employers want a company man for 25 years and can only get 15 out of you before retirement.

No one has a clue.

I’ll shut up now, since I’m obviously causing you more grief, which is not my intention. I will leave it to other members to give you advice.
[OP]
May 12, 2011
263 posts
37 upvotes
TORONTO
Gee wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 4:07 pm
I don’t know. I didn’t say you have a bad reputation. It could be a possibility. Maybe it’s your age. Maybe employers want a company man for 25 years and can only get 15 out of you before retirement.

No one has a clue.

I’ll shut up now, since I’m obviously causing you more grief, which is not my intention. I will leave it to other members to give you advice.
So literally all you contributed was your ramblings and speculations, and couldn't even explain how the reputation thing even works.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4533 posts
499 upvotes
How did you lose your previous job?
"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Fanatic
Mar 15, 2005
5111 posts
663 upvotes
Impossible to help OP with so little details.

"Can't get a job what should I do?!?!"

Without seeing your resume, and knowing your field there isn't any advice here that people could give that isn't completely generic like "keep applying" and "send X amount of resumes per day!"
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25452 posts
2762 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
pinkpearl wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 4:13 pm
So literally all you contributed was your ramblings and speculations, and couldn't even explain how the reputation thing even works.
I have nothing to go on. Don’t know know how many contracts, nothing. Jealous classmates.

I’ve not accused you of anything. Everything I’ve said is speculation. Period. You want to call it rambling, that’s fine.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2009
1949 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
pinkpearl wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 4:13 pm
What is wrong with you? No one is attacking you. Maybe this is why you aren't getting any interviews. Your previous employers may be telling you they are giving you "glowing" reviews just to get you out of their organization. How is anyone going to be able to give you any sort of "meaningful" advice based on the fact that almost all your classmates have found jobs in a niche market while pretty much only you haven't.
[OP]
May 12, 2011
263 posts
37 upvotes
TORONTO
blitzforce wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 4:37 pm
What is wrong with you? No one is attacking you. Maybe this is why you aren't getting any interviews. Your previous employers may be telling you they are giving you "glowing" reviews just to get you out of their organization. How is anyone going to be able to give you any sort of "meaningful" advice based on the fact that almost all your classmates have found jobs in a niche market while pretty much only you haven't.
I think suggesting to someone that they have a bad reputation across their entire industry - as pure speculation - is an attack. Notice how his widdle feelings got hurt when he was called out to explain that. Classic dishing it out but can't take it.

And now you're speculating even more. At least be creative. Like, what obviously actually happened was I climbed up on my boss's desk and dropped a huge deuce for him to find when he came back from lunch. He got real sore about it, I can't imagine why. Then he gave me a gift card.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25452 posts
2762 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
pinkpearl wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 4:48 pm
I think suggesting to someone that they have a bad reputation across their entire industry - as pure speculation - is an attack. Notice how his widdle feelings got hurt when he was called out to explain that. Classic dishing it out but can't take it.
My feelings aren't hurt. I never said you had a bad reputation, if your behaviour here is any indication, it is definitely a possibility.

Again, I will repeat. Everything on my part is PURE speculation based on information provided.

If it will make you feel better, you can assume my feelings are hurt and I can go into a corner and lick my wounds
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2009
1949 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
pinkpearl wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 4:48 pm

And now you're speculating even more. At least be creative. Like, what obviously actually happened was I climbed up on my boss's desk and dropped a huge deuce for him to find when he came back from lunch. He got real sore about it, I can't imagine why. Then he gave me a gift card.
I get a gift card every time I leave...nothing special. I honestly don't know what you want others to say. Everyone found a job except you, and you think it's not your fault. Regardless of the reason, you'll think it's an attack...maybe your interview skills suck, maybe you're ugly, maybe you're too old. All of these could be interpreted as an attack based on your logic. If the only reason you would accept from us is that the employer is ******** for giving you an interview opportunity, then this is the reason.
[OP]
May 12, 2011
263 posts
37 upvotes
TORONTO
Gee wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 4:53 pm
My feelings aren't hurt. I never said you had a bad reputation, if your behaviour here is any indication, it is definitely a possibility.

Again, I will repeat. Everything on my part is PURE speculation based on information provided.

If it will make you feel better, you can assume my feelings are hurt and I can go into a corner and lick my wounds
Ah, that old gambit. "I'll just insult you in several different ways until you react and that will prove you're actually terrible."
[OP]
May 12, 2011
263 posts
37 upvotes
TORONTO
Yeah, people love spending their own money on employees they hate and can't wait to get rid of. That makes sense.

>Everyone found a job except you

Nope. That's your assumption. I said around 95%. But I'll be sure to tell my other struggling classmates that they probably have bad reputations or are too ugly or too old or interview badly. That will really help them.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25452 posts
2762 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
pinkpearl wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 5:00 pm
Ah, that old gambit. "I'll just insult you in several different ways until you react and that will prove you're actually terrible."
I don't think that is necessary. I think most people already have an opinion.
[OP]
May 12, 2011
263 posts
37 upvotes
TORONTO
Ziggy007 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 4:19 pm
Impossible to help OP with so little details.

"Can't get a job what should I do?!?!"

Without seeing your resume, and knowing your field there isn't any advice here that people could give that isn't completely generic like "keep applying" and "send X amount of resumes per day!"
OK then, my field is computational fluid dynamics.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
5917 posts
581 upvotes
Greely
If OP socializes in person as well as he replies to posts here, I think we have our answer.

Now you can go ahead and attack me too.
[OP]
May 12, 2011
263 posts
37 upvotes
TORONTO
steve-0101 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 5:06 pm
If OP socializes in person as well as he replies to posts here, I think we have our answer.

Now you can go ahead and attack me too.
Most people have the manners not to call someone ugly, too old, etc in person. Of course, if that does happen, the only proper response it to just take it. Even if they SAY they like you, you shouldn't believe it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)