Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
7840 posts
509 upvotes
Toronto

Are most kodi add ons gone now?

Went to get caught up on a show and it seems that most add ons just stopped working. I uninstalled the one most of use and tried to reinstall and it fails stating not available.
71 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
7840 posts
509 upvotes
Toronto
birthdaymonkey wrote:
Jun 13th, 2017 12:09 am
Sounds like there was a shakeup of some kind.

http://www.wirelesshack.org/list-of-kod ... -2017.html
It's funny cause I just read this about 10 minutes ago after I posted this... kind of sucks as now I have no way of watching anything since I don't have cable. But I think that has more to do with a lawsuit going on in the US. Hopefully everything goes back to being normal soon
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
7840 posts
509 upvotes
Toronto
Update: it appears my MXQ Pro 4K box (wired connection) appeared to have lost its connection somehow.

Did a reboot, reinstalled The add on I use from a different repo and now everything seems to work perfectly fine again. For now at least.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1174 posts
159 upvotes
BC
If the add ons are gone then so will be small android boxes and , not long after, Kodi. Lets not kid ourselves, all this talk about cutting the cord is just that, all talk. It all revolves around the Add ons and their implementation in Kodi. It is the largest container for piracy and, with it, free movies, Sports and TV Shows. If one subscribes to each individual Station it can get just as expensive as cable, with the added headache of fiddling around trying to get the video and sound correct, especially on these cheap boxes.
It must be annoying for nudists when they have to clean their glasses
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
1556 posts
707 upvotes
Richmond
Kodi Turmoil Continues as TVAddons Mysteriously Disappears
https://torrentfreak.com/kodi-turmoil-c ... rs-170613/

"TVAddons, the leading library for unofficial Kodi add-ons, has mysteriously disappeared. The site's domain names have become unresponsive after the DNS entries were removed. It's unclear why these drastic actions were taken, but since TVAddons was sued last week, some fear the worst."

"TVAddons has also gone quiet on social media, where TVAddons has been very active in the past. ...a few hours ago TVAddons’ Facebook page disappeared completely."
Jun 13, 2010
985 posts
51 upvotes
Everything tvaddon is gone from the web. :(
Last edited by tommo4lyfe on Jun 13th, 2017 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2013
3641 posts
386 upvotes
NORTH YORK
XtremeModder wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 11:48 pm
Went to get caught up on a show and it seems that most add ons just stopped working. I uninstalled the one most of use and tried to reinstall and it fails stating not available.
I have only my cell with me. I run Kodi/Exodus there and it is fine showing House of Cards.
What is the add on you had problem?
Daniel

Fido $15 3Gb plan & $20 unlimited Can call
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
7840 posts
509 upvotes
Toronto
danieltoronto wrote:
Jun 13th, 2017 10:02 am
I have only my cell with me. I run Kodi/Exodus there and it is fine showing House of Cards.
What is the add on you had problem?
It was Exodus. Can't install from the official repo but I got it from a different that was already on my android box.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
7840 posts
509 upvotes
Toronto
insync44 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2017 9:25 am
If the add ons are gone then so will be small android boxes and , not long after, Kodi. Lets not kid ourselves, all this talk about cutting the cord is just that, all talk. It all revolves around the Add ons and their implementation in Kodi. It is the largest container for piracy and, with it, free movies, Sports and TV Shows. If one subscribes to each individual Station it can get just as expensive as cable, with the added headache of fiddling around trying to get the video and sound correct, especially on these cheap boxes.
Lets also not kid ourselves. If these android boxes actually became useless then there is already 2 alternatives that have been around much longer and there would be another solution made, all in the name of $
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
2684 posts
565 upvotes
BC
It will be fine. Some things will just need to bounce to more a more piracy tolerant country to set up shop.

I'm very grateful that k313vra is picking up the mantle for salts in the meantime.
Jun 13, 2010
985 posts
51 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote:
Jun 13th, 2017 10:33 am
It was Exodus. Can't install from the official repo but I got it from a different that was already on my android box.
Which version of Exodus do you have? 3.1.16 is the latest version which was release yesterday.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2013
3641 posts
386 upvotes
NORTH YORK
XtremeModder wrote:
Jun 13th, 2017 10:33 am
I always have it "notify don't install".
And I only update if things not working out
Daniel

Fido $15 3Gb plan & $20 unlimited Can call
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3367 posts
274 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
XtremeModder wrote:
Jun 13th, 2017 10:34 am
Lets also not kid ourselves. If these android boxes actually became useless then there is already 2 alternatives that have been around much longer and there would be another solution made, all in the name of $
What are the other two alternatives?
Aug 29, 2010
114 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
I hope they didn't take cCloudtv down. I love watching their 24/7 channels, just flipping on a good show or random movies in the background. I wish Netflix implemented something like that.

But either way, most other add-ons, like Exodus, are just compiling sources from multiple streaming websites. And there are so many ways to find the streams or so many sources of streams that it'll be nearly impossible to crack down on. Remember when megaupload went down? Pretty much 100 others took its place.