• Oct 3rd, 2018 5:23 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Banned
Jan 6, 2018
37 posts
10 upvotes

Most Loving Cat Breeds

I've Googled information on the most loving cat breeds, but I am interested in hearing what the forum members here think.
48 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18911 posts
4025 upvotes
Thornhill
I think itll be their personalty for eat cat, there may be some breeds that could be more attached, but its personality.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17761 posts
2456 upvotes
GTA West
I heard from a cat-loving co-worker that Norwegian Forest cats, if you get them as a kitten and play with them a lot, are really good in this area.
Tuition to the School of Life is not tax deductible.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1084 posts
67 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I think you're asking the wrong questions.... Most(95%) cat if you raise them at young age with love they will be very lovely.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
1874 posts
548 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
Focus wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 5:02 pm
I think you're asking the wrong questions.... Most(95%) cat if you raise them at young age with love they will be very lovely.
I agree. Particularly if you keep them indoors so they're with you more. The only thing I'd say is that in my experience, neutered male cats seem to be the schmooziest of all for some reason...
"So let it be e-mailed - so let it be done!"
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10504 posts
1224 upvotes
Focus wrote:
With a big caveat that the mother stays with the kittens for at least the first 8 weeks. 10 weeks is better. During that time, mother cats will slowly ween them off and get them to eat regular cat food, show them where to do their business, possibly teach them to hunt and most importantly shaping their behavior when it comes to other cats and humans.

Having said that, their own individual personalities will still come out. Some breeds are more affectionate than others and male cats tend to be more clingy than female cats, but none of this is a hard or fast rule just general tenancies. Get a well socially adjusted cat/kitten and chances are they'll be affectionate.... and if they aren't, just carry treats in your pockets at all times. :P
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
1874 posts
548 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 7:53 pm
chances are they'll be affectionate.... and if they aren't, just carry treats in your pockets at all times. :P
Haha so true...
"So let it be e-mailed - so let it be done!"
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1281 posts
410 upvotes
Heard great things about maine coon cats if you want a massive cat. I have two tabbies, one is super loving, the other is a bit of a jerk and doesn't like to be held, but she is our new kitten so time will tell when she grows older. Love them both terribly
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
5356 posts
2615 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Focus wrote:
Not in my experience at all. Cats are a real crapshoot no matter how much affection they are raised with.
Sep 24, 2006
576 posts
52 upvotes
Guelph, On
I have raised kitties for over 20 years and every cat is different but its up to the owner to make it loving. I have two tabbies, 1 domestic long hair and a Himalayan. The two tabbies are the most friendly, loving and sweetest heart. Alyce was raised by her mom Alice and her sister and her mom did an amazing job. Sydney was the last one to be rescued out of the 6 so he had trust issues but he is amazing now. Abbey came from a broken home, loud voices and over protected - I got her a few months ago and she is the sweetest cat. Jupiter the himmy loving to a point but uber gentle and loves other cats. Its all based on how you raise them and your attitude towards them. We are very relaxed people so everyone who comes to interact with me and my babies can't believe how friendly they are. Rescue a kitty is better than a breed.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
5356 posts
2615 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
anastasia1009 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 9:51 pm
I have raised kitties for over 20 years and every cat is different but its up to the owner to make it loving. I have two tabbies, 1 domestic long hair and a Himalayan. The two tabbies are the most friendly, loving and sweetest heart. Alyce was raised by her mom Alice and her sister and her mom did an amazing job. Sydney was the last one to be rescued out of the 6 so he had trust issues but he is amazing now. Abbey came from a broken home, loud voices and over protected - I got her a few months ago and she is the sweetest cat. Jupiter the himmy loving to a point but uber gentle and loves other cats. Its all based on how you raise them and your attitude towards them. We are very relaxed people so everyone who comes to interact with me and my babies can't believe how friendly they are. Rescue a kitty is better than a breed.
I still say cats are a crapshoot. I've had several since kittens, raised all with love (and I'm the most laid back, mellow person you could ever want to meet). Some are great, and others want nothing to do with you unless the mood suits them (and then claws come out once they decide they are done being petted). The most affectionate cat we ever had was a polidactyl tortoise shell kitty hand raised by my uncle since birth as its mother disappeared after giving birth. One cat I had adopted as a kitten was fine until I got pregnant and suddenly started attacking me every time I stepped out of bed (right on the achilles tendon - ouch), and he didn't want to be inside anymore. He was miserable. I eventually had to rehome him to my parents where he could be mainly an outdoor cat.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
39022 posts
3419 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
I got a manx. And she is very dainty & friendly.

She wont do annoying cat things like sleep on your face.
But she sleeps on the bottom of the bed, all the way to the side by my feet.
She just likes to sit next to people but not on them.
See manx breeders in your area!
I adopted mine at age 3 and she quickly took a liking to us. She even lets me lift her up and play boxing cat.
You know when you stand up a cat and poke their lil paws like their boxing.
Sometimes she did it her self...

Its her favourite game.
Dec 7, 2013
217 posts
141 upvotes
Ragdoll. Hands down the best loving cat.

They are basically big loving babies the entire time and they don’t have an undercoat so they are easy to groom. Yet they look as fluffy as a Himalayan.

I have two and they are more like dogs than cats, esp male ones.
Apr 10, 2011
406 posts
181 upvotes
The most loving cat will be the one at the shelter who has been there the longest :)
Jan 19, 2008
941 posts
394 upvotes
Etobicoke
If you want a loving animal get a dog. I would say 80 % dogs are friendly, loving , while cats its 20%.