• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2018 11:47 pm
Tags:
Jan 24, 2018
165 posts
33 upvotes
Chickinvic wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 1:39 am
My experience with a Siamese was not affectionate. I've yet to find a consistently affectionate at breed.
well then you either abused the cat or it was abused before you took possession of it. also, do you own a siamese? what are you basing your opinion on? i hope its not off of a few interactions with a friends cat
my friends siamese sleeps right on him or in bed with him every night. he walks everywhere he goes. and literally is like attached to him by an imaginary cord
Mar 11, 2017
21 posts
9 upvotes
Sphynx, is extremely affectionate
Ours is between 1 and 1.5 years.
He always wants to be on our side.
sleeps right between us,
good on a car ride.
I couldn't recommend it more strongly.
Aug 11, 2018
10 posts
9 upvotes
Hello StreamingFan!
I agree with above comments - it depends on a cat and also on an owner. I had many cats and the most loving was one that we found on a street. It was in the winter. The cat has about month already. He was chilled, in bad condition. When we took him to home and took care of him, he started to show how he is grateful. You could have done everyting with him and he never scratched any of my family members.
Now, I have cat that I bought. He is a maine coon but I brought up him in the way that he also is kind and nice. It isn't easy to raise a cat but when you spend a lot time with him you can do very much.
Feb 11, 2009
143 posts
22 upvotes
gvr
I have/had 3 cats in my life so far. Got two adult cats, a tabby and maine coon mix, from a friend 17 years ago who was moving out of town.
Maine coon was affectionate and responded and came when his name was called. He did "hand", head bud...etc. He was more like a dog than a cat. Sadly he passed away at 13 with cancer. :(
The tabby that came with him is still around. He loved me and ordered me to go to bed every night so that he can cuddle with me and fights pillow space with me. He is 21 and is still doing OK for his age.
We adopted a stray from a local rescue and found out that he is a ragdoll mix. He LOVES my hubby. Jumps into his lap and asked for cuddle everyday. He likes visitors and asked them to pet him. He is less dog like than the main coon mix but he is a very loving cat and still acts like a baby at 10. :)

Every cat is different. :)
Jul 7, 2017
989 posts
329 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Update on my opinion/experience. Had the older ragdoll for almost a year and the younger one for 9 months. They like to be close but not too close (within visual distance but just out of reach, or really close but a hard physical barrier inbetween). Both liked to snuggle in bed when younger but much less these days even though it's cooler in the house (big furry cats so they're warm). They'll sleep at the end of the bed if they bother at all. If there were cat trees in the bedroom, they'd sleep there (one sort of does already; climbs up the armoire and sleep there if the door is left open.
Almost too cheap to shop through RFD
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
2881 posts
1249 upvotes
Vancouver
My adopted cat is just a regular domestic medium hair cat. Was aloof when we first got her. After just a couple months, once we gained her trust, she is super affectionate.