Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21468 posts
4884 upvotes
YUL

Most prestigious credit card in Canada: RBC Visa Infinite Card

I gathered all this info from the Flyertalk forums, apparently at the end of the month, RBC is rolling out the most prestigious credit card in Canada, since there's no Canadian Amex Centurion, called the RBC Visa Infinite, which will be catered mainly towards the RBC private banking clients, but apparently RBC VIP clients can also *try* getting it by speaking to the senior account manager. There will not be an advertising campaign for the card, either.

"Cost is $399 per year for Private Banking clients, $599 for non-Private Banking clients.

* RBC Rewards redemption rate of 2% instead of 1% for all travel rewards, all flight classes, no blackout periods or seat restrictions
* Visa Infinite concierge service (don't know if third-party company)
* Complimentary Priority Pass membership (the $99 annual fee version)
* Complimentary TabletPlus membership (usual fee $195)
* Complimentary access to Zagat
136 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52935 posts
18144 upvotes
ONTARIO
ahh i just got the internal email @ work about this a week ago.
Pretty impressive.

To qualify for the RBC Visa Infinite card, an applicant must meet the following criteria:

Credit limit of $20,000 or more and
Investible assets of $1 million or more or
Annual personal income of $250,000 or more, or
Net worth of $3 million or more.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2005
1566 posts
4 upvotes
R. Hill
I'll have to share this with my boss, she's pissed at AMEX. May tell my father-in-law too, he qualifies.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2005
1108 posts
82 upvotes
[quote="najibs" post_id="6447503" time="1203704436" user_id="9282"]I gathered all this info from the Flyertalk forums, apparently at the end of the month, RBC is rolling out the most prestigious credit card in Canada, since there's no Canadian Amex Centurion, called the RBC Visa Infinite, which will be catered mainly towards the RBC private banking clients, but apparently RBC VIP clients can also *try* getting it by speaking to the senior account manager. There will not be an advertising campaign for the card, either.

"Cost is $399 per year for Private Banking clients, $599 for non-Private Banking clients.

* RBC Rewards redemption rate of 2% instead of 1% for all travel rewards, all flight classes, no blackout periods or seat restrictions
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20134 posts
2962 upvotes
[quote="najibs" post_id="6447503" time="1203704436" user_id="9282"]I gathered all this info from the Flyertalk forums, apparently at the end of the month, RBC is rolling out the most prestigious credit card in Canada, since there's no Canadian Amex Centurion, called the RBC Visa Infinite, which will be catered mainly towards the RBC private banking clients, but apparently RBC VIP clients can also *try* getting it by speaking to the senior account manager. There will not be an advertising campaign for the card, either.

To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2005
1108 posts
82 upvotes
brunes wrote: I think not.

The most prestigious credit card, period, is AMEX Centurion.

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... turion.jpg[/IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_Card

$2,500 annual fee. Requirements include minimum annual spending of $250,000, exceptional credit history, and significant financial assets

And yes, it is available in Canada, as well as several other countries, if you meet the criteria.
Does this come with an airmiles option? If it does, that would be hilarious if someone bought a house or some other large item like that, and received A LOT of airmiles...LOL. :cheesygri
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21468 posts
4884 upvotes
YUL
brunes wrote: I think not.

The most prestigious credit card, period, is AMEX Centurion.

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... turion.jpg[/IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_Card

$2,500 annual fee. Requirements include minimum annual spending of $250,000, exceptional credit history, and significant financial assets

And yes, it is available in Canada, as well as several other countries, if you meet the criteria.
Nope, it's not available in Canada. If you say it is...PROVE IT! :cheesygri
Dec 11, 2006
546 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
Prestigious credit cards :rolleyes:
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1326 upvotes
Sauga
najibs wrote: "Cost is $399 per year for Private Banking clients, $599 for non-Private Banking clients.

Meh. For frugal high spenders, the 2% cashback from Amex is way more valuable than the benefits from the Centurion or this new RBC card. Those two may be "prestigious", but they're not going to win any awards on RFD. :razz:
Jan 5, 2003
740 posts
63 upvotes
The minimum credit limit of $20.000 is somewhat lower than "infinite" :) The possibilities of having a true "infinite" card would be quite interesting. One could, for example, buy everything there is in the world that can have a price tag attached to it in one elegant and magnificent move, including the credit card issuing company, then rule the world! Muhahahaha!!!11111
May 27, 2007
853 posts
11 upvotes
Etobicoke
I always thought the centurion card is available to canadians, but it is charged in US$.
Banned
Dec 24, 2004
10708 posts
152 upvotes

Air Canada Aeroplan Super Elite Reservations: 1-800-401-7201 or 514-369-7598
get unlimited calls or other discounts by calling directly to:
Fido Retentions: call 611 then push 7, then push 3 - or Rogers Retentions 1-514-734-7873 or 1-866-228-7109
Telus Mobility: 1-877-279-3100 or 416-279-3100 or 1 416 296 7669 client.loyalty@telus.com
Bell Mobility: 1-866-313-1086
nice chairs http://www.eternitymodern.ca
great value - lol http://www.walmart.ca
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21468 posts
4884 upvotes
YUL
st7860 wrote: suppose you spend $100,000 a year with this card. will you get a business class ticket to Europe or Asia? I don't think so. with the CIBC aerogold card, you will.
People who this card is catered for have at least $1m in assets, and have an annual income of $250k minimum. I highly doubt someone with that much money is worried about a ONE free business class ticket.
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1326 upvotes
Sauga
najibs wrote: People who this card is catered for have at least $1m in assets, and have an annual income of $250k minimum. I highly doubt someone with that much money is worried about a ONE free business class ticket.
Doesn't 3weddings drive her Porsche to No Frills? :razz: Even high income folks can like deals / rewards / freebies.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21468 posts
4884 upvotes
YUL
Rehan wrote: Doesn't 3weddings drive her Porsche to No Frills? :razz: Even high income folks can like deals / rewards / freebies.
No, I don't think her hubby lets her drive it alone, yet :cheesygri
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20134 posts
2962 upvotes
najibs wrote: Nope, it's not available in Canada. If you say it is...PROVE IT! :cheesygri
It's hard to prove since you can't apply.... according to various sites, only around 10,000 people in the world even have it. Strictly invitation only.

Suffice it to say if you fit in the wealth class targeted by this card, Amex. does not give a hoot what country you live in.
pogs wrote: Does this come with an airmiles option? If it does, that would be hilarious if someone bought a house or some other large item like that, and received A LOT of airmiles...LOL. :cheesygri
The perks of this card go a bit beyond mileage..
[INDENT]
According to Snopes.com, a Web site that examines the truth of urban legends, one Centurion cardholder wanted to locate and purchase the horse ridden by Kevin Costner in the movie, "Dances with Wolves." The horse was located on a stud ranch in Mexico, purchased and delivered to Europe.

Another request, according to Snopes, came from a cardholder who aspired to be an actress and wanted to be part of the cast of a weekly soap opera on TV. American Express contacted the director and arranged for an audition.
[/INDENT]
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1326 upvotes
Sauga
brunes wrote: It's hard to prove since you can't apply.... according to various sites, only around 10,000 people in the world even have it. Strictly invitation only.

Suffice it to say if you fit in the wealth class targeted by this card, Amex. does not give a hoot what country you live in.
It's quite easy to prove, just buy showing one person that has it. AmEx USA may offer a US Centurion card to some Canadians, but AmEx Canada does not have one and therefore it is "not available in Canada".
Banned
Dec 24, 2004
10708 posts
152 upvotes
Rehan wrote: Doesn't 3weddings drive her Porsche to No Frills? :razz: Even high income folks can like deals / rewards / freebies.
out west there are tons of 'ethnic' people that drive german cars to costco and real canadian superstore.
Fido Retentions: call 611 then push 7, then push 3 - or Rogers Retentions 1-514-734-7873 or 1-866-228-7109
Telus Mobility: 1-877-279-3100 or 416-279-3100 or 1 416 296 7669 client.loyalty@telus.com
Banned
Dec 24, 2004
10708 posts
152 upvotes
out west there are tons of 'ethnic' people that drive german cars to costco and real canadian superstore.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2007
8569 posts
1763 upvotes
Why do smart, rich people pay such ridiculous annual fees for credit cards? I mean you don't get rich by paying $2500/year so that a bank or credit card company can profit off you.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)