Computers & Electronics

Which motherboard company has the best Cdn support?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2004 7:47 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2001
2702 posts
19 upvotes

Which motherboard company has the best Cdn support?

Been a heavy user of epox for the last 3 years and tried soyo, abit, tyan, asus, aopen and gigabyte with only problems from soyo and asus and support up here was non existant.

When I tried to buy a backplate for my 5th epox, the cost of shipping from USA was 15 and the backplate was only 5.

Anyone say which company puts some money and people into this country for support?
Gigabyte MA990FXA-UD3/FX 8350/MSI R9 270X/16GB Corsair Vengeance/Win 10
Gigabyte 890GM-D2H/FX 8120/16GB Gskill/XFX 5770/Win 10
Heatware
6 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25869 posts
2876 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
You should be able to get support from your dealer for all brands.

As for warranty, Intel has the best. Three year warranty on all retail boxed boards. Asus et al only have one.

Intel is bad for overclockers, if that is your intention. Stick with Asus or ABit.

If your dealer does not offer support, then I suggest you find another computer store.

Hmm.. Looks like you are an AMDer. Scratch the Intel.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
12262 posts
1010 upvotes
Toronto
blackhawk wrote:Been a heavy user of epox for the last 3 years and tried soyo, abit, tyan, asus, aopen and gigabyte with only problems from soyo and asus and support up here was non existant.

When I tried to buy a backplate for my 5th epox, the cost of shipping from USA was 15 and the backplate was only 5.

Anyone say which company puts some money and people into this country for support?
I like MSI because I had a problem with my K7N2 which was still under warranty. I obtained an RMA # off the MSI website and hand-delivered the board to a company named PC Master in Scarborough. I was without my board for only 2 days.

Just my $0.02 worth.
May 27, 2001
518 posts
2 upvotes
Fremont
Gee wrote:Intel has the best. Three year warranty on all retail boxed boards. Asus et al only have one.
i sell asus motherboards, they have a 3 year warranty.
even giga-byte has a 2 year warranty.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25869 posts
2876 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
nightwolf wrote:i sell asus motherboards, they have a 3 year warranty.
even giga-byte has a 2 year warranty.
They are back on three year warranty? I thought ASI and Supercom dropped it to one year
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2001
2702 posts
19 upvotes
I had a couple asus boards, 3 year warranty and its the support I want up here, not a length. Asus was a total frustration and I finally solved my problem(their bios...I told them from the beginning) and vowed off asus for a while.

My abit had a 3 year too. Its the local support I want, not a techie in USA or 'send it back to us in the states' support.

Dealers usually only cover the first 30 days or maybe a year and if I buy an older board, I want support, not a warranty.

The local MSI guy sounds good, I had an MSI for a first amd mb, worked great.
Gigabyte MA990FXA-UD3/FX 8350/MSI R9 270X/16GB Corsair Vengeance/Win 10
Gigabyte 890GM-D2H/FX 8120/16GB Gskill/XFX 5770/Win 10
Heatware
May 27, 2001
518 posts
2 upvotes
Fremont
Gee wrote:They are back on three year warranty? I thought ASI and Supercom dropped it to one year
dont know if they ever lowered it at one time. but it is 3 years right now and has been since at least 1999. some retailers only say one year and ignore you, after that might have to goto the distributor/manufacturer for the rest of it.

---

i had to rma a few abits last year, seems they only have 2 year warranty now.