• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2014 3:59 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2008
2793 posts
933 upvotes
OP, my current phone is the note 3 and I find that it fits in my pocket just fine. Unless your pockets are extremely small, you should have no problems fitting an iphone6+ since it's slightly smaller too.

Also, my last 3 phones have been the iphone4s, samsung galaxy s3, and my current note 3. Whenever I look at the 4s now, I'm in disbelief as to how small the screen is.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
5016 upvotes
Here 'n There
subrock wrote: The only reason for me is the battery. It's by far my biggest gripe with the 5s, so I'm doing a hard swallow on the dimensions to get that.
It's my biggest gripe with my iPhone 5 but a new battery mostly solved that problem. Also, I am usually not far from an outlet except going out at night and I make sure my phone is charged before I leave. But then I am not one of those that goes out with friends but then spends all night checking their phone instead like most people. So, I don't drain the battery that much.

For me the larger screen size is not really an advantage as I don't use reading glasses nor use my phone constantly so that I suffer from eyestrain. The 6+ is just too big to easily slide in my pants pocket and I am not one to carry a 'man-bag', 'man-purse' or backpack around with me all the time or always wear a jacket. It would also be a bit big to slide in my pocket at the gym. I just wouldn't be able to do a hard swallow on the dimensions in order to get more battery life. And, battery life will improve for a given smartphone size over time anyway.

But, I can see why the size trumps every other consideration for some people (as it does with many things LMAO!)
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
5016 upvotes
Here 'n There
wszeto28 wrote: OP, my current phone is the note 3 and I find that it fits in my pocket just fine. Unless your pockets are extremely small, you should have no problems fitting an iphone6+ since it's slightly smaller too.

Also, my last 3 phones have been the iphone4s, samsung galaxy s3, and my current note 3. Whenever I look at the 4s now, I'm in disbelief as to how small the screen is.
I am sure the phone would fit. I just don't want it to be that big in my pocket or my hand(s).
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I chose the 6 over the 6 plus because I'm not interested in a phablet sized phone, although the increased resolution and better battery life did have me seriously considering the 6 plus
Sep 9, 2014
10 posts
Edmonton, AB
DBDphotography wrote: iphone 6= 1gb ram

iphone 6+= 2gb ram

not confirmed fully but many reputable sites are pointing towards this.
If this is true, then this pretty much seals the deal for me.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Optical > digital IS
Longer battery life.
Greater PPI (440), 1080p, though it's not 1440 like android competition. IP6 is 750, not that it matters much to the naked eye.

I handled cutouts before I bought and 6+ seems too big like the Note 3 I had. Bought it anyway for above.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26012 posts
211310 upvotes
GTA
eonibm wrote: I am sure the phone would fit. I just don't want it to be that big in my pocket or my hand(s).
Different strokes for different folks - again, this same question could apply to any 5.0-5.5"+ phone. For me, the phone spends so little time in pockets anyway, so carrying it around in pockets is not a big issue. Pretty much as soon as I'm sitting down (i.e. in the office, in the car, at home) the phone is out. Granted, it won't be if I'm out with people/in a meeting, but again, I don't wear the 'hipster' type pants/jeans so generally the pockets are big enough and it's not that uncomfortable to have in the pocket when seated.

I realize that not everyone can have their phones out on office desks as some companies are really anal about that (potential of leaking company/customer info), but it's not an issue where I work. Don't really game or even watch a lot of media on it but appreciate the extra real estate to be able to see more of my inbox/messages and more content when browsing. Added bonus, as already mentioned, is the longer battery life.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
AncasterRFD wrote: Optical > digital IS
Longer battery life.
Greater PPI (440), 1080p, though it's not 1440 like android competition. IP6 is 750, not that it matters much to the naked eye.

I handled cutouts before I bought and 6+ seems too big like the Note 3 I had. Bought it anyway for above.
I was handling cutouts as well. My woman called me a loser lol

Hope I don't regret my decision to go 6 over 6 plus
Banned
Mar 4, 2010
209 posts
15 upvotes
eonibm wrote: Yes but we are talking about something you hold in your hand here and carry around with you all the time. Those considerations don't apply to what you just described.
I have no problem and even asian girls with small hands have no problem with galaxy notes... unless you lost your hand in the war and have hooks..don't see how you can't handle a 5.5"...dimensions of width/length isn't that much difference between the iphones..
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
gilbaman wrote: because the iphone 6 (regular) is sorta like the C version with the neutered specs

that and the plus is a much better deal for the price.
Same specs, except the display and OSI.

Could be worse, they could have just gone the whitebox route and bought off the shelf components and overclocked the CPU to 2.5GHZ. Now that would be a neutered phone.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
gilbaman wrote: I have no problem and even asian girls with small hands have no problem with galaxy notes... unless you lost your hand in the war and have hooks..don't see how you can't handle a 5.5"...dimensions of width/length isn't that much difference between the iphones..
And you can swap purses with those asian girls to match your shoes :)
Banned
Mar 4, 2010
209 posts
15 upvotes
ceredon wrote: Same specs, except the display and OSI.

Could be worse, they could have just gone the whitebox route and bought off the shelf components and overclocked the CPU to 2.5GHZ. Now that would be a neutered phone.
well the display, ois and battery... pretty much the most important considerations in smartphones nowadays...

well the processor is not much of an upgrade from last year from what i've read...and the parts are sourced from samsung/sharp and assembled by foxcon who make phones for others as well just like always anyways. If it was just Iphone 6, it wouldn't matter since it's an iphone and specs/performance etc. don't matter..but they made the plus available too with much better specs in all the important areas...hard not to see that the reg iphone is the "c" version this year.

But I really think they purposely underspec'd the iphone6(s) so next year they have something to market as upgrade over this year's version such as high resolution screens, wireless charging and bump in spec for camera...
Banned
Mar 4, 2010
209 posts
15 upvotes
ceredon wrote: And you can swap purses with those asian girls to match your shoes :)
i wish... i would love to swap a celine/hermes/chanel for any piece of wardrobe or gadget I have several times over.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
gilbaman wrote: well the display, ois and battery... pretty much the most important considerations in smartphones nowadays...

well the processor is not much of an upgrade from last year from what i've read...and the parts are sourced from samsung/sharp and assembled by foxcon who make phones for others as well just like always anyways. If it was just Iphone 6, it wouldn't matter since it's an iphone and specs/performance etc. don't matter..but they made the plus available too with much better specs in all the important areas...hard not to see that the reg iphone is the "c" version this year.

But I really think they purposely underspec'd the iphone6(s) so next year they have something to market as upgrade over this year's version such as high resolution screens, wireless charging and bump in spec for camera...
I guess it's subjective. I can see where a non-technical person like you might see it like that. From a technical perspective, the processor upgrade is significant and common between both the 6 and 6+. If you are coming from a world were a CPU upgrade just means extra MHZ, then sure, you wouldn't understand the benefits of a custom designed processor. And sure, they use Samsung to manufacture their CPUs. Samsung is great as a manufacturer, though not so good as a designer (which is why the don't design their own cores). And while OSI is better, the rest of the camera is still better than most of whatever is out there (unless, like the luddites that still buy the MHZ myth, you also still but the megapixel myth...welcome back to the 90s BTW).

So, yeah, I can see where you are coming from without having any knowledge of technology.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
gilbaman wrote: i wish... i would love to swap a celine/hermes/chanel for any piece of wardrobe or gadget I have several times over.
You go girl!
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2010
2959 posts
139 upvotes
It's nice to finally have the option of getting an iPhone w/ a larger screen.

5.5"+ & large screen smartphones have always been attractive to me, I just never wanted to deal w/ a garbage buggy OS. At least iPhone now has the option of a larger screen!

Also, not interested in rooting my phone, a phone should be perfect stock and with updates.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2008
5211 posts
2024 upvotes
Too expensive for me, to be honest. Especially when Android L and a new Nexus line is right around the corner.

I don't do enough with my phone to justify spending $1k on it.
Let's hug it out
Banned
Mar 4, 2010
209 posts
15 upvotes
ceredon wrote: I guess it's subjective. I can see where a non-technical person like you might see it like that. From a technical perspective, the processor upgrade is significant and common between both the 6 and 6+. If you are coming from a world were a CPU upgrade just means extra MHZ, then sure, you wouldn't understand the benefits of a custom designed processor. And sure, they use Samsung to manufacture their CPUs. Samsung is great as a manufacturer, though not so good as a designer (which is why the don't design their own cores). And while OSI is better, the rest of the camera is still better than most of whatever is out there (unless, like the luddites that still buy the MHZ myth, you also still but the megapixel myth...welcome back to the 90s BTW).

So, yeah, I can see where you are coming from without having any knowledge of technology.
well you have zero knowledge of finance yet you post in all the big telco threads about pricing.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
gilbaman wrote: well you have zero knowledge of finance yet you post in all the big telco threads about pricing.
I'm a math guy so the math interests me. It's always interesting to hear what people that don't get the math think and how easily they get bedazzled by the carrier bullsh*t. Pricing is math and their math stinks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)