Personal Finance

Motive Financial Savvy Savings Account 2.20%

Jan 16, 2007
839 posts
746 upvotes
Interac e-Transfers are free from the Cha Ching account.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
6547 posts
1209 upvotes
multi city dweller
Darshan7 wrote: Anyone having issues with login today?
no issue login in just now ...
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3784 posts
1057 upvotes
anyone else getting bugged about filling in that stupid Tax residency declaration ?

Morons at Motive emails me and ask that "you complete the form and return it to us"

I look ALL OVER the email, and it doesn't even say HOW to "return it" to them!
I just figure, like every other form, its usually just emailed to INFO@motivefinancial.com
come on, you guys at Motive, get your act together and tell people where to send that dang form !

So tens of thousands of customers emailing all types of forms to that SINGLE email address. Jesus.... you know that's gotta be a small disaster waiting to happen.

Jesus, the hoops you have to jump thru to get 2.8% interest.....
Jul 14, 2019
371 posts
544 upvotes
Toronto
So Now I set up the external link to my Scotia ac I do see the linked ac on Motive site. (Linked on Cha-ching chequing ac )

I want to pull money from Scotia to Motive but I don't see any Motive ac in Scotia online. How can I pull money from Scotia to Motive??

TIA
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
1806 posts
753 upvotes
ON
SomeOtherDude wrote: anyone else getting bugged about filling in that stupid Tax residency declaration ?

Morons at Motive emails me and ask that "you complete the form and return it to us"

I look ALL OVER the email, and it doesn't even say HOW to "return it" to them!
I just figure, like every other form, its usually just emailed to INFO@motivefinancial.com
come on, you guys at Motive, get your act together and tell people where to send that dang form !

So tens of thousands of customers emailing all types of forms to that SINGLE email address. Jesus.... you know that's gotta be a small disaster waiting to happen.

Jesus, the hoops you have to jump thru to get 2.8% interest.....
Yes this is not secure either. The form has all that's needed to start stealing someone's identity. Not something that should be sent over email by a bank that seems to have the stiffest "security" requirements ( more like stupid roadblocks ) than I have ever seen.

They bothered me about it even after I sent it back to them months ago. I asked them weeks ago to reply back to me to confirm that the matter is resolved. They have not.
[OP]
Oct 8, 2006
511 posts
282 upvotes
Okanagan Valley
Darshan7 wrote: So Now I set up the external link to my Scotia ac I do see the linked ac on Motive site. (Linked on Cha-ching chequing ac )

I want to pull money from Scotia to Motive but I don't see any Motive ac in Scotia online. How can I pull money from Scotia to Motive??

TIA
You can only pull money from Scotia to Motive from the Motive side (from your scotia account) and push money from the Motive side to Scotia....The big 5 banks have nothing available from their side to transfer money from say Scotia to Motive...other than interac e transfer which has its limitations.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3784 posts
1057 upvotes
LOL808 wrote: has anyone else received an email from motive today that partially reads:

"Effective July 1, 2017, all Canadian financial institutions must maintain a record of the completed Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) Form “Declaration of Tax Residence for Individuals – Part XVIII and Part XIX of the Income Tax Act” for each client who opens an account. We have enclosed the form for your convenience. We ask that you complete the form (either the enclosed pdf version or the CRA fillable form) and return it to us."

The date is kinda strange ... 3 yrs late?
yes, I think everyone gets that notice.
Yep.... many little red flags that show they don't quite have their act together.
Jul 14, 2019
371 posts
544 upvotes
Toronto
happy camper wrote: You can only pull money from Scotia to Motive from the Motive side (from your scotia account) and push money from the Motive side to Scotia....The big 5 banks have nothing available from their side to transfer money from say Scotia to Motive...other than interac e transfer which has its limitations.
Thanks OP

You can only pull money from Scotia to Motive from the Motive side How to do this?
[OP]
Oct 8, 2006
511 posts
282 upvotes
Okanagan Valley
Darshan7 wrote: Thanks OP

You can only pull money from Scotia to Motive from the Motive side How to do this?
Assuming you have gone through the process to link your accounts and were successful - log in to Motive - on left side hit the transfers button...will take you to a page that is really self explanatory - put in transfer amount, select transfer from account - assume your Scotia account , select transfer to- assume either your savings or chequing account ; select when ; hit continue and you are done.... the money should show in your account now but there will be a hold on it for about 5 business days.
Jul 29, 2017
29 posts
27 upvotes
Applied for the saving account 2 weeks ago and already gave out my RBC log in - still no news. Anyone knows how long it'll take?
Banned
Aug 12, 2019
92 posts
40 upvotes
I check out Motive website, looks like cheap and poor design, seems like unreliable in exchange for high 2.8% interest rate
Jan 16, 2007
839 posts
746 upvotes
It's the same platform that numerous credit unions use. It's also a stretch to turn "cheap and poor" into a bank being unreliable. They should be judged on their offerings and the actual experience, not based on the looks of the website.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)