• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2018 8:00 pm
[OP]
Oct 8, 2006
397 posts
130 upvotes
Okanagan Valley

Motive Financial Savy Savings Account 2.8%

I know this topic has been posted on the savings account thread but I certainly missed it until today and think it warrants its own thread - it appears not to be a promo and is 2.8% compared to EQ's 2.3%

Motive™ Savvy Savings Account

We’re bringin’ savvy back.

You're savvy and you know it. We’re offering our highest rate yet.

Features
Rewards
Rates

Monthly fee Free
Transactions included 2 Free
Additional transactions $5.00
Transfers between your Motive accounts Free
THE EXCHANGE® Network ATM withdrawal Free
Non-EXCHANGE Network ATM withdrawal $1.50

Link for more information https://www.motivefinancial.com/Account ... gsAccount/

About Motive Financial - they are Canadian Western Bank and are CDIC insured - https://www.motivefinancial.com/AboutUs/
12 replies
Aug 9, 2010
975 posts
281 upvotes
Waterloo
Wow, thanks for posting this OP! Good one to keep in mind for when my Tangerine promo is up.
Feb 28, 2011
346 posts
187 upvotes
YYZ/YOW/SFO
hard pull on signup iirc
✈️AMEX Personal Platinum, Cobalt|Blue Business Plus🌍
💰TD N.A. Cash, Canadian Tire WE+Cash Advantage, Rogers WE💳
🇺🇸Charles Schwab, Fidelity, Chase, U.S. Bank, TD N.A., Alliant, Ally, Denizen💸
📱Zoomer $36 4GB x2|Public Mobile $38 4.5GB|🌐Carrytel $35 75/10
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2192 posts
997 upvotes
Winnipeg
Snuupy wrote:
Nov 10th, 2018 3:15 am
hard pull on signup iirc
Bertiebigboss wrote:
Nov 10th, 2018 4:04 am
Hard pull or soft ..
Motive Financial Does a Hard Pull when opening accounts. You can apply for $3000 in overdraft on the chequing account at the same time (it will show as a line of credit on your credit bureau if you do take this option)
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
1806 posts
196 upvotes
Vancouver
happy camper wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 6:03 pm
I know this topic has been posted on the savings account thread but I certainly missed it until today and think it warrants its own thread - it appears not to be a promo and is 2.8% compared to EQ's 2.3%

Motive™ Savvy Savings Account

We’re bringin’ savvy back.

You're savvy and you know it. We’re offering our highest rate yet.

Features
Rewards
Rates

Monthly fee Free
Transactions included 2 Free
Additional transactions $5.00
Transfers between your Motive accounts Free
THE EXCHANGE® Network ATM withdrawal Free
Non-EXCHANGE Network ATM withdrawal $1.50

Link for more information https://www.motivefinancial.com/Account ... gsAccount/

About Motive Financial - they are Canadian Western Bank and are CDIC insured - https://www.motivefinancial.com/AboutUs/
Is this the rate for TFSA as well or that a different rate?
[OP]
Oct 8, 2006
397 posts
130 upvotes
Okanagan Valley
xiaobao wrote:
Nov 10th, 2018 2:52 pm
Is this the rate for TFSA as well or that a different rate?
for this savings account only - not TFSA - rates for everything are on their site
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
1806 posts
196 upvotes
Vancouver
happy camper wrote:
Nov 10th, 2018 3:31 pm
for this savings account only - not TFSA - rates for everything are on their site
Thanks, yea I see they got 1.8% for TFSA. Trying to figure out how much I am going to put in EQ GIC and if I want to open this bank up as well. Not sure

Also not sure what the difference bewteen

Motive Cha-Ching Chequing Account™ and Motive™ Chequing Account is.

Also they seem to have inactive fees(does not start after 2 years? so guess something to watch out for).
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
1093 posts
406 upvotes
Raincouver
xiaobao wrote:
Nov 10th, 2018 3:47 pm
Thanks, yea I see they got 1.8% for TFSA. Trying to figure out how much I am going to put in EQ GIC and if I want to open this bank up as well. Not sure

Also not sure what the difference bewteen

Also they seem to have inactive fees(does not start after 2 years? so guess something to watch out for).
Cha Ching Account Lower Interest Rate but unlimited Interact eTransfer
Regular Chequing (orginally Canadian Direct Financial) slightly higher interest and no eTransfer

and inactivity fee is pretty much everywhere if you don't use the account until the balance = 0. Not sure why people are so concerned about it
titaniumtux wrote:
Nov 10th, 2018 1:04 am
Also worthy mention. Add a free chq account to the mix. Unlimited internal transfers, and unlimited transfers from the chq account. This makes Motive a beast!
Not to mention, Motive F is very reasonable at fund holding.
Aug 4, 2018
13 posts
10 upvotes
xiaobao wrote:
Nov 10th, 2018 3:47 pm

Also not sure what the difference between

"

According to their website https://www.motivefinancial.com/Account ... ngAccount/ , with their new Motive Cha-Ching Chequing Account™ they are now offering "Unlimited free transactions and Interac® e-Transfers [which] mean you won’t be dinged for doing what you love" just like those already offered by other no-fee online bank standalone accounts like Alterna's High Interest eSavings Account.
Whereas Motive's other accounts like Motive™ Chequing Account still charge for Interac® e-Transfers out stating "Send money to anyone with a mobile phone number or email address for just $1.00."
Note the compelling choice would be easily utilizing the "Free Transfers between your Motive accounts" step for this Motive Cha-Ching Chequing Account with their Motive Savvy Savings Account, which offers among the highest standard everyday interest rate of 2.80% currently when compared to the limited time, teaser or promotional rates offered by Meridian, PCF, RBC, Tangerine and others.
May 8, 2009
6919 posts
3070 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
U08052018 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2018 5:51 pm
"

According to their website https://www.motivefinancial.com/Account ... ngAccount/ , with their new Motive Cha-Ching Chequing Account™ they are now offering "Unlimited free transactions and Interac® e-Transfers [which] mean you won’t be dinged for doing what you love" just like those already offered by other no-fee online bank standalone accounts like Alterna's High Interest eSavings Account.
Whereas Motive's other accounts like Motive™ Chequing Account still charge for Interac® e-Transfers out stating "Send money to anyone with a mobile phone number or email address for just $1.00."
Note the compelling choice would be easily utilizing the "Free Transfers between your Motive accounts" step for this Motive Cha-Ching Chequing Account with their Motive Savvy Savings Account, which offers among the highest standard everyday interest rate of 2.80% currently when compared to the limited time, teaser or promotional rates offered by Meridian, PCF, RBC, Tangerine and others.
+1

It's a nice combo.

We can't expect these amazing chequing accounts to come out of Manitoba, sadly. Nor do we get such amazing HISA rates outside of musical chairs in Ontario. Looks like Alberta is finally in the lead. I would have never expected this. Hopefully we'll see greater competition ahead.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2192 posts
997 upvotes
Winnipeg
titaniumtux wrote:
Nov 11th, 2018 4:27 pm
+1

It's a nice combo.

We can't expect these amazing chequing accounts to come out of Manitoba, sadly. Nor do we get such amazing HISA rates outside of musical chairs in Ontario. Looks like Alberta is finally in the lead. I would have never expected this. Hopefully we'll see greater competition ahead.
Let's just hope they don't pull an EQ....and lower the rates in 2 or 3 months once everyone has opened an account.
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)