moto G: Owners Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2015 5:25 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2011
1073 posts
528 upvotes
Toronto
Well, one thing that's not so good is that if you use a widget to turn data on/off, it won't work anymore.
Feb 20, 2013
85 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the info. This feature pretty much kill my plan to upgrade. I use widgets to control both wifi and data, and I wish the airplane mode widget work on my un-rooted moto g kitkat. Too bad :(
46jimbo wrote: Well, one thing that's not so good is that if you use a widget to turn data on/off, it won't work anymore.
Sep 21, 2004
11413 posts
7187 upvotes
Calgary
huicl2 wrote: Thanks for the info. This feature pretty much kill my plan to upgrade. I use widgets to control both wifi and data, and I wish the airplane mode widget work on my un-rooted moto g kitkat. Too bad :(
You can turn data off in the quick toggle.
Jul 24, 2008
136 posts
37 upvotes
Had same issues all others, battery dying really quick after update, had to perform a system reset and now the battery performance is fantastic.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22160 posts
10326 upvotes
Toronto
After the Lollipop update, I can't seem to get TWRP or CWM working. They both give me errors when trying to access the data partition.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2011
1073 posts
528 upvotes
Toronto
b166er1337 wrote: You can turn data off in the quick toggle.
Isn't this a couple of screens in? I want a toggle on the main page.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22160 posts
10326 upvotes
Toronto
46jimbo wrote: Isn't this a couple of screens in? I want a toggle on the main page.
Use two fingers to pull down the quick settings from the status bar.
Feb 20, 2013
85 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
* HELP Needed *

Using 1st generation Moto G (unlocked) on Telus. Upgraded to Lollipop 5.1 last month. After the upgrade, I am not getting email notification from Yahoo Mail anymore which worked well before the upgrade (Lollipop 5.0). Whatsapp notification/messages have a much longer delayed than before (if the notification ever come). Updated Yahoo Mail app to the latest version and it does not make a difference.

Any suggestion? Thank you in advance.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3991 posts
1127 upvotes
Toronto
huicl2 wrote: * HELP Needed *

Using 1st generation Moto G (unlocked) on Telus. Upgraded to Lollipop 5.1 last month. After the upgrade, I am not getting email notification from Yahoo Mail anymore which worked well before the upgrade (Lollipop 5.0). Whatsapp notification/messages have a much longer delayed than before (if the notification ever come). Updated Yahoo Mail app to the latest version and it does not make a difference.

Any suggestion? Thank you in advance.
totally unrelated to motoG, but my uncle/aunt (seniors who are computer illiterate) who was using a lenovo tablet also suddenly couldn't get email notification from yahoo email 2 weeks ago. after playing around with the tablet i couldnt find a solution and i told them to just wait it out and perhaps a app version update may fix it. then a few days later they told me the email notifications came back like magic

so maybe wait it out and make sure your apps are properly updated?
Oct 28, 2012
419 posts
159 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Is there anywhere that you guys know of that is really easy to compare phone models (flagship, sub-models, etc.), release dates and performance at the same time?
For example, I'll go on gsmarena but I look up Motorola and I see all their phones and perhaps I can sort by release date, I have no concept of relative performance unless I click on each one.

What I would be trying to determine for example is - Is the Moto X (2nd gen., 2014) better than the Moto X Play (2015). Which one is flagship, versus sub-model. There are just way too many phone models and sub-variants with similar names... I just can't tell what's what anymore. Granted I don't follow phone releases at all, but while looking for a new phone (once in a blue), I just feel - hmmm, let's see - f-ing dumb lol These phone models don't follow alphabetical or chronological naming regimes. Moto has an E, G, X line. Whats worst, better, best in terms of performance? Why an X Play, X Style, X Whatevertheufck? lol

Before you jump on me that this is a forum for Moto G owners, believe me I have been looking at this phone as well. But figured there is enough phone-smarts (see what I did there? lol) here to light the way for me. Any clue for me?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
taskmasta wrote: Is there anywhere that you guys know of that is really easy to compare phone models (flagship, sub-models, etc.), release dates and performance at the same time?
For example, I'll go on gsmarena but I look up Motorola and I see all their phones and perhaps I can sort by release date, I have no concept of relative performance unless I click on each one.

What I would be trying to determine for example is - Is the Moto X (2nd gen., 2014) better than the Moto X Play (2015).
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compar ... /8897,9554