Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

MotoMaster 3-Ton Heavy Duty Garage Jack(79.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2014 8:42 pm
24 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1913 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
Picked up one. Thanks.

This thing is heavy, close to 70 lbs.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3479 posts
1771 upvotes
jokerstone1 wrote: was the costco one for $99 better than this?
The red Costco model ($129) has a wider lift range since its a 3.25 ton low profile jack that goes up to 21". It's also very heavy at over 100lbs. They have been liquidated at $99 and have been recently replaced by a black 3 ton model similar to this Mastercraft model but sells for $94.99.

Considering this is cheaper and offers similar specs to the current Costco model, I would pick this one up. It also has great reviews.

Thanks OP. I'm gonna try this one.
Sep 19, 2013
958 posts
875 upvotes
Toronto
Do people really buy them, do their tire change and then return them? I was at CT looking at floor jacks couple weeks back and all of them looked like it was opened 20 times. Nonetheless this looks good, hopefully I can find one with the packaging in semi-decent shape.
Feb 7, 2011
209 posts
39 upvotes
Mirabel
Got mine last Friday. It is heavy, but you I can easily lift it. It is also like day and night when compared with my previous cheap 2ton certified jack.
Lifted my Subaru Impreza from the rear diff with a piece of wood (to not damage the metal) easily. Even if you have limited space to move the handle, it doesn't take to much pump to lift it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
Anyone have this and lift an SUV? I'm worried I can't lift my car :(
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3479 posts
1771 upvotes
aquariaguy wrote: Anyone have this and lift an SUV? I'm worried I can't lift my car :(
I'll let you know tomorrow after I pick one up. I'll try it out on my Pilot. It's got an 18.5 inch lift, so should be good for most mid size SUVs.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3479 posts
1771 upvotes
Picked one up today and tested it on my Pilot, lift height is good at the lift points on the side for tire changes.

I'm just not too crazy about the large saddle, the opening is the same size as the notched piece so the saddle gets caught. I guess I'll have to use a puck or a piece of wood.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
3593 posts
379 upvotes
Richmond
Cech wrote: Picked one up today and tested it on my Pilot, lift height is good at the lift points on the side for tire changes.

I'm just not too crazy about the large saddle, the opening is the same size as the notched piece so the saddle gets caught. I guess I'll have to use a puck or a piece of wood.
How were you able to lift from the side without bending your pinch welds?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3479 posts
1771 upvotes
M@rk wrote: How were you able to lift from the side without bending your pinch welds?
Why would they bend? That's what they're there for.

Anyway, I made a pinch weld adapter and it works fine.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
3593 posts
379 upvotes
Richmond
Cech wrote: Why would they bend? That's what they're there for.

Anyway, I made a pinch weld adapter and it works fine.
Oh, the adaptor makes sense. Without it though, the jack contact point would bend the weld which is annoying when you can't get the emergency jack to fit
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
M@rk wrote: Oh, the adaptor makes sense. Without it though, the jack contact point would bend the weld which is annoying when you can't get the emergency jack to fit
I've been jacking up my car for decades now at the sides with the pinch welds, never bent any of them
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3479 posts
1771 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: I've been jacking up my car for decades now at the sides with the pinch welds, never bent any of them
You've had your car for decades?
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2012
1816 posts
302 upvotes
Pluto
will this work on my electric scooter
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
How do you cut your hockey puck in half? Is there something you can buy for not bending the side?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Sep 25, 2011
146 posts
59 upvotes
Mississauga
[quote="Cech" post_id="20267093" time="1414116304" user_id="186977"]You've had your car for decades?
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
Cech wrote:
No, they don't bend. At least on any Japanese or German car I've owned.

I have had many different cars over decades and never ran into a problem.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3479 posts
1771 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: No, they don't bend. At least on any Japanese or German car I've owned.

I have had many different cars over decades and never ran into a problem.
Google it. It can happen. The welds are designed for scissor jacks like what you get with the car. Never happened to me either.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
I don't know what those people are doing but I've never bent any of mine.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)