Computers & Electronics

MotoMaster Eliminator PowerBox 800 - Any good?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2005 12:37 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 3, 2005
248 posts
3 upvotes

MotoMaster Eliminator PowerBox 800 - Any good?

I was looking at the [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=24]Canadian Tire[/rfdlink] website the other day and saw the MotoMaster Elminator PowerBox 800 on sale for $169.99.

I am contemplating getting one of these. In the description it says it can power up to 600W of appliances and electronics asimulatenously and has a 28Ah power cell.

Anyone know if this thing is any good? Anyone know how long the power will last if I plug up something like a portable fan heater that is 600W?

Thanks!
3 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2002
2025 posts
318 upvotes
Calgary
I'd question whether it would run properly if it's rating is at 600 W, and you are trying to run a 600 W heater off it. I have one of them, and I found that it has a protection trip that is activated if you power something that requires quite a heavy load. Even a hair dryer on high can make the unit die. I can't remember what rating mine is though.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2004
5811 posts
30 upvotes
Look in its fine print to see what the maximum sustained load is... that should be the red line for whatever appliance you plan on plugging into it. Normally they advertise peak load (they're usually higher than max sustained loads) instead just to make it look better.
× < >