Motomaster Winter Edge Tires

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2018 11:36 pm
[OP]
Sep 9, 2009
32 posts
1 upvote

Motomaster Winter Edge Tires

Anyone have any experience with these yet or are they too new? Engineered by Cooper Tires they say and they're 25% off at Canadian Tire right now.
I'm pretty much settled on getting the Continental Winter Contact SI for my 2017 CRV AWD but these are about $40 less per tire so I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
29 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
2162 posts
302 upvotes
Waterlooo
Was also looking at that. plus 30 times points this weekend. I would need rims too... I've always been leery of CdnTire staff to find the right parts and do a correct job.
[OP]
Sep 9, 2009
32 posts
1 upvote
I need rims too and Im also not confident in their service dept. The Winter Contact SI I priced out wasn't from there but they also have a decent deal on those as well.
Feb 25, 2015
343 posts
112 upvotes
ON
I like the look of these new tires but there are no reviews since they are new. I went to CT to price them out while 25% off this week but with steelies installed it was still more than blizzaks at Costco.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7317 posts
1287 upvotes
Yeah, don't think even cooper was known for their winter tires, so not sure if they will be better making it for Motomaster.
Invalid12 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 6:12 pm
I like the look of these new tires but there are no reviews since they are new. I went to CT to price them out while 25% off this week but with steelies installed it was still more than blizzaks at Costco.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
[OP]
Sep 9, 2009
32 posts
1 upvote
Invalid12 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 6:12 pm
Second choice would have been the Blizzak WS80 but I ended up getting the Winter Contact si. Be interested to see the reviews when the come in on the Winter Edge tires though.
Nov 3, 2017
3 posts
I have the continental winter contact si on my Nissan Altima, these tires are amazing. Need to replace my grand caravans winters thinking about the winter edge, high ratings from testing. 25% off and 30 times ct money plus 5% insurance discount makes these very cost effective.
[OP]
Sep 9, 2009
32 posts
1 upvote
That's good to hear about the SIs. The winter edge has a very similar tread design so they should be at the very least as quiet as the SIs and theres quite a good deal on them. Just didn't want to take the chance with a new tire and no reviews for our new crv. I bet the real customer reviews will be favourable.
Nov 3, 2017
3 posts
Well I bought the winter edge being installed tomorrow will let you know what I think. I went off testers scoring, like I did with si's. Got to be better then the crap my wife bought the first time, couldn't hear your self think.
Last edited by gordross56389879 on Nov 4th, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Sep 9, 2009
32 posts
1 upvote
Good that you have the SIs as a bench mark. Look forward to hearing how you make out with them.
Nov 23, 2012
241 posts
48 upvotes
gordross56389879 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 8:10 pm
Well I bought the winter edge being installed tomorrow will let you know what I think. I went off testers scoring, like I did with si's. Got to be better then the crap my wife bought the first time, couldn't hear your self think.
How did they work out for you in the first snow fall?
Im thinking of getting a set to replace my general artics.
Nov 3, 2017
3 posts
We really didn't get snow. But they seem to be good so far with wet pavement, it was a little frosty on the road and all was well. They are very quiet. I would imagine that with the tread pattern they have the will be very good.
Nov 12, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
Stick with the Continentals or for that matter a tire and brand that have some reviews. The Winter Contacts are an excellent tire by a reputable brand. Even though Cooper is a known brand I do not think they are going to make their best tire for CT. I am always skeptical about MotoMaster products as they are simply re-branded. Sure they have a nice big splash page saying how they are "Professionally Tested" and even tout Ultimate Performance, but that is marketing without real reviews! Couple that with Cooper not even known for their winter tires and not mentioned in any top 5 reviews, do you really want to risk it to pay cheaper? Go for a tire that has a large review base: Blizzak WS80's, Nokian Hakkapelitta R2, Continental WinterContact SI, Michelin X-Ice Xi3. All these tires have fans that say they are the best so you really cannot go wrong. Plus you add any promotional discounts, and honestly, isn't paying 20-30 dollars more a tire and knowing you are getting premium rubber worth your safety? This is your car and family you are protecting after all.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
1943 posts
1017 upvotes
Toronto
I got these this year and with no snow so far, I'm surprise how quit they are comparing them to the stock Bridgestone Ecopia. And I'm using them on a Nissan LEAF so if they were noisy I would hear it. I have no issues going with a value winter tire as I have used Barum Polaris 3 in the pass with great success in the winter. Barum is Continental value tire, which I would purchase again but store are not carrying them the last couple of years here in the GTA. So I ended up saving some $$$ over the premium winter tire, it's not like I'm going to go racing in the winter! :)

Just waiting for the snow now and with my luck having put my winters on, it'll not arrive until June!! :P

MindMaster wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 11:26 am
Stick with the Continentals or for that matter a tire and brand that have some reviews. The Winter Contacts are an excellent tire by a reputable brand. Even though Cooper is a known brand I do not think they are going to make their best tire for CT. I am always skeptical about MotoMaster products as they are simply re-branded. Sure they have a nice big splash page saying how they are "Professionally Tested" and even tout Ultimate Performance, but that is marketing without real reviews! Couple that with Cooper not even known for their winter tires and not mentioned in any top 5 reviews, do you really want to risk it to pay cheaper? Go for a tire that has a large review base: Blizzak WS80's, Nokian Hakkapelitta R2, Continental WinterContact SI, Michelin X-Ice Xi3. All these tires have fans that say they are the best so you really cannot go wrong. Plus you add any promotional discounts, and honestly, isn't paying 20-30 dollars more a tire and knowing you are getting premium rubber worth your safety? This is your car and family you are protecting after all.
Ok which tire store do you work for?
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!
Nov 15, 2017
1 posts
I have had bad experiences with the Canadian Tire auto service department although I have had good experiences with the rest of the store. I'm part of the Canadian Tire tested program and I've had some good and some bad products. I've seen some changes in products between when they were sent out for review and when they appeared on the shelves so I think Canadian Tire is actually trying to listen to the Tested panel, which is nice.
Winter tires have been a hotbed of competition lately and I'm not surprised to see Canadian Tire partner with Cooper to create a competitor to the Michelin X-Ice xi3, which is the top rated tire right now and what I just had installed.
I would love to see a comparison review of the new Winters Edge with the Michelin X-Ice. If they offer me to test them, I'll jump at it!

I joined RedFlag deals specifically for this thread so I hope the good information keeps coming!

Greydesk