Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 13, 2009
96 posts
10 upvotes
Mississauga

Motorola RAZR HD LTE Case and Screen Protector

Does anyone know where I can find a solid case and screen protector for this phone?
10 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
12483 posts
1741 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered off eBay.

These work pretty well.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/321025942742?ssP ... 1083wt_922

The only problem is that the screen of the Razr HD is bevelled at the edges. The screen protector is sized for the non-bevelled area, but I think they would have been better off designing it so it was 2 mm narrower than the non-bevelled area.

When I applied mine it was off by a fraction of a mm, and you can see on the edge there is a fraction of a mm that isn't adhering well. Actually, it's on both sides, maybe 0.8 mm one side and 0.3 mm on the other so perhaps the screen protector is slightly overlapping the beginning of the bevel. That said, I've been using it in my pocket with no case and the screen protector hasn't lifted at all, and that area isn't in the viewable screen area either. The viewable screen area is about 4-5 mm narrower than the non-bevelled part of the glass.

The screen protector is approximately 63.5 mm wide.
The phone is 68 mm wide, or about 66.5 mm wide for the screen (including bevelled edge) if you don't include the outer black metal (?) edge.
The viewable screen is about 58.5 mm wide.

I ordered 4 pieces, which is good, because one of them arrived bent and I destroyed another one by applying it wrong. The third one went on with zero bubbles though, which is a first for me.

Not bad for $2.30, shipped from the US. It took about 11-12 days to Toronto, and glass cleaning cloths came in the bag.

As for a case, I've ordered one, but I don't know if I'll bother using it. The phone's Kevlar backing seems pretty resilient.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/350668588956?var ... 1439.l2648
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
1463 posts
157 upvotes
Pacific Mall in Markham
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.

Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, OSP RULES!
YGK, Toray, Sunline RULES!
Shimano RULES!
St. Croix & Halo RULES!

JDM ONLY.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
12483 posts
1741 upvotes
Toronto
That place is a zoo. Have their protector prices come down yet? The last time I looked there was a few years ago, for the iPhone 4/4S, and the protectors were $8-10.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3226 posts
342 upvotes
Order up a otterbox if you want a case with screen protection
Mar 1, 2005
945 posts
77 upvotes
Vancouver
shushwap wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 2:04 am
Let us know how you like the case

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1959612
Received the ebay Bodyglove case in the mail today. Here are a few pics:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

When I read the case description, I thought it had two parts, a gel layer which you put on first, then a harder outer layer you put on top of it. This is not the case as the two are joined together. All you do it put the phone in the case. Also, the case covers the buttons on the right side of the case. Buttons work even with the covering. But nothing covers the top earphone port or the usb/hdmi ports. I was hoping there would be like a pull out tab or something to cover it, but no, there is nothing. The case looks better in real life than in the ebay description, probably because it is glossy. The case is glossy which imo gives it a nice effect and 'glow'. The sides of the phone have grips so it doesn't slip. It's quite a solid feeling case; you can knock on it and it will make a 'thud' sound. The two color tone of the case is nice, it's subdued and it looks nicer than the pic in the ebay description. The grey part of it is darker than the ebay description which is what I was hoping for. For some reason, it reminds me of Stormtroopers or Tron.

Overall, I am satisfied with the case even with the cons that I listed above. I will keep it for now. If I were to do it again, I'd probably buy a Otterbox for supreme protection. I bought this case because I wanted protection on my phone asap and couldn't wait, and the Otterbox's I think are just released this week or next week. I'll probably check out the Otterbox's locally when they are released and decide then whether or not to upgrade. For now I am content, and this Body Glove case does looks quite nice.
Mar 1, 2005
945 posts
77 upvotes
Vancouver
Just wanted to add that the Bodyglove case, I showed it to my friend and he said it's one of the nicest cases he's ever seen so yeah, I'm even more pleased now with this product.
× < >