Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Mountain Equipment Co-op

MEC Aquanator Rain Jacket Men or Women + Up to 60% off Winter Clearance

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2020 11:02 pm
Dec 30, 2012
36 posts
119 upvotes
Vancouver

[Mountain Equipment Co-op] MEC Aquanator Rain Jacket Men or Women + Up to 60% off Winter Clearance

Deal Link:
Price:
$78.38
Savings:
Retailer:
Mountain Equipment Co-op
More offers from Mountain Equipment Co-op
A few colours on clearance. Picked up the green today. Fantastic fit.
Noticed there were quite a few other promos -- Salomon snowboards and boots 20% off in-store and online.
18 replies
Nov 29, 2019
10 posts
10 upvotes
Awesome, I was looking at the salomon boots a week ago.. glad I waited.
Jan 15, 2009
203 posts
277 upvotes
New Brunswickistan
Only super gross beige in my size on clearance :(
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2009
1224 posts
1331 upvotes
Calgary
How’s the sizing? I’m usually a small and the only colour left is the throw up colour.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
Beagleflag wrote: Only super gross beige in my size on clearance :(
Me too. No thanks!
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2959 posts
2496 upvotes
Scarborough
I have a mec raincoat, not at all waterproof. Check the seams, they leak like Niagara Falls. Mec is not what it was, not even close.
Aug 15, 2018
88 posts
248 upvotes
I have a mec rain jacket from 2014. These are probably great value, but damn those colors are birth control for men!
Deal Addict
May 4, 2007
1304 posts
721 upvotes
Beagleflag wrote: Only super gross beige in my size on clearance :(
Only unpopular colors and/or very limited sizes -- that's the typical MEC "sales"... sorry, they don't do sales, they do "clearance".
Nov 22, 2017
200 posts
248 upvotes
Man what’s with all the beige hate? Lol. Thought that was an excellent color for a rain coat for the city / office type.

It isn’t the usual outdoor enthusiast neon mixed colors I guess.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4679 posts
3970 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Beforescott wrote: Man what’s with all the beige hate? Lol. Thought that was an excellent color for a rain coat for the city / office type.

It isn’t the usual outdoor enthusiast neon mixed colors I guess.
Better to be wet than unfashionable, I guess.
If it was pissing down cats and dogs, I'd rock a Frozen 2 golf umbrella if it meant staying dry.
Jun 7, 2007
988 posts
474 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
I find the Uniqlo Blocktech parka work really well. It's regularly $100 but if you wait for sale you can find it for $70.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
Forewarning.

MEC sold me on their supposed Costco-like return policy after I verified their policy twice with representatives.

When I came back to return an expensive twice worn jacket and gloves three weeks later, they told me they would only process this return as a one time courtesy... without explaining what the issue was. Different staff at the till that day.

MEC already put me off with its hipster doofus atmosphere, this was the final nail in the coffin.

These save-the-world types are notoriously low in conscientiousness, and they never fail to disappoint a straight forward businessman.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2596 posts
1987 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
This coat has 5K/5K waterproofing, that's only really useful for light rain. You will get drenched in anything heavier.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5680 posts
3098 upvotes
Vancouver
redflagdealsguy wrote: Forewarning.

MEC sold me on their supposed Costco-like return policy after I verified their policy twice with representatives.

When I came back to return an expensive twice worn jacket and gloves three weeks later, they told me they would only process this return as a one time courtesy... without explaining what the issue was. Different staff at the till that day.

MEC already put me off with its hipster doofus atmosphere, this was the final nail in the coffin.

These save-the-world types are notoriously low in conscientiousness, and they never fail to disappoint a straight forward businessman.
no wonder they are in financial trouble
😃
Apr 13, 2017
476 posts
245 upvotes
caltran wrote: This coat has 5K/5K waterproofing, that's only really useful for light rain. You will get drenched in anything heavier.
Site claims 12K/5K, which I find dubious for this price
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2006
5264 posts
2270 upvotes
Vancouver
It is a "co-op" keep in mind. Conformity with the masses. A number of recent public statements & policy changes have left me cold.

Now I visit Mark's to see if what they have on sale will fit, where it is made, and if it is built well enough for my urban\rural walks. 15 minute round trip to Marks vs about 90 minutes to MEC.

Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2596 posts
1987 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
KamS046 wrote: Site claims 12K/5K, which I find dubious for this price
Ah, it is 12K/5K. It's still really only good for light rain. Also you'll still retain a lot of sweat if you're doing something vigourous (e.g. biking).
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2991 posts
2815 upvotes
+1000000 upvotes
Tldr: not a great price and not a good product with iffy brand/retailer reputation...

At this price, might as well wait for TNF Venture 2 DryVent to go on sale at Sport Check, Sporting Life, National Sports or The Last Hunt... This MEC jacket is not breathable at all... For comparison, MEC 12K rain proof and 5K breathability. North Face 15K+ rain proof and 12-15K breathability... FYI, higher numbers for both features are better.

Reference: https://blog.udans.com/rain-jackets-by-brand
Always buy now & think later, or else you'll regret your decision forever.
The first rule of RFD is to not talk about RFD or call customer service to ask about price errors.
The second rule of RFD is to not forget about the first rule.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2007
1304 posts
721 upvotes
hesp wrote: no wonder they are in financial trouble
I wonder why. Each time I look for bike parts, MEC prices are often more expensive than the local bike shop's prices. They never have promotions (except for "clearance" of items that can't sell). As a member, I couldn't find any reason to buy from them.

I just googled about it because I didn't know they were in financial trouble. This article on CBC implies that the CEO's salary and other financial details are not known:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5375846

So what's the point of being a co-op?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)