6 posts
4 upvotes

Mountain Warehouse Mens Down Padded Jacket -$50

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Mountain Warehouse
Description
Prepare for low temperatures with the Drift Pack-Away Down Padded Jacket. Premium warmth guaranteed thanks to the down insulation, which is combined with soft lining for added comfort, featuring secure zipped pockets and elasticated cuffs.

Thermal Tested -40 °C - Laboratory tested. Health & physical activity, exposure time & perspiration will affect performance & comfort
Down Filling - Down feathers are designed to trap heat and retain warmth, perfect for keeping you cosy in cold weather
Warm & Cosy - fabric feels soft on the skin and keeps you warm
Stretch cuff - for a comfortable and secure fit
Zipped pockets - for convenient and safe storage
Water-resistant - Treated with Durable Water Repellent (DWR), droplets will bead and roll off the fabric. Light rain, or limited exposure to rain
Packs Away - Conveniently packs away into its own pocket. Great for travellers, walkers and more
Fabric Composition

Nylon 100% Down 75% Feather 25%
Images
  • 72078E04-C77C-499E-9EDE-1568382AE82B.jpeg
10 replies
Aug 30, 2017
101 posts
144 upvotes
Good deal and upvoted, but:

Do not fall for mountain warehouse marketing tactics borrowed straight out of crappy tire playbook :

Original prices are way exaggerated

I have the vest version of the same jacket bought at less than half price and happy with that but would not say that I got more than what I paid for .

More like paid exactly what it’s worth

In particular ,unlike outdoorsy down jackets this one does not feel light for it’s warmnrss and size and cannot be easily squeezed to a very small sized and stuffed inside a bag

The shop is called mountain warehouse but their jackets are very much streetwear – not even close to technical mountain equipment co-op gear
Feb 3, 2019
19 posts
27 upvotes
Agreed. I bought the Henry II Down Jacket which said it was rated for -30°C... LOL. Was cold in it even at -10°C with no wind.
FlamingTuxedo wrote: Good deal and upvoted, but:

Do not fall for mountain warehouse marketing tactics borrowed straight out of crappy tire playbook :

Original prices are way exaggerated

I have the vest version of the same jacket bought at less than half price and happy with that but would not say that I got more than what I paid for .

More like paid exactly what it’s worth

In particular ,unlike outdoorsy down jackets this one does not feel light for it’s warmnrss and size and cannot be easily squeezed to a very small sized and stuffed inside a bag

The shop is called mountain warehouse but their jackets are very much streetwear – not even close to technical mountain equipment co-op gear
Oct 15, 2008
191 posts
41 upvotes
I bought this as a mid-layer, even with a nice shell it's not warm enough for -20. It's not the worst, I'd wear it for plenty of activities above that, but I have no idea where they got that -40 from, you'd not last very long in this.
Jan 6, 2006
163 posts
33 upvotes
Nanaimo
Picked one up, fair deal for the price. Not an 'Arcteryx' or similar techical padded jacket but warm enough for my purposes and surprisingly water proof. I live on the Westcoast so will probably not ever test to -40. Build quality OK, jacket leaks a bit of feather/down, few threads needed to clipped. Salesperson claims it is made in the same factory as North Face jackets, but I think that was BS.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1633 posts
2221 upvotes
BC
TwilitHikari wrote: I bought this as a mid-layer, even with a nice shell it's not warm enough for -20. It's not the worst, I'd wear it for plenty of activities above that, but I have no idea where they got that -40 from, you'd not last very long in this.
I agree they aren't as warm as advertised but do you mean you have the featherlight down jacket? It's much thinner and packs into a bag:
https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/ca/fe ... spx/black/

The one in OP is more poofy and warmer. Have both and I like them, definitely not superb quality but they are cheap and I'm in BC where it snows once a year.
Nov 21, 2017
24 posts
28 upvotes
Me and the wife brought new Jack's and snow pants from mountain warehouse last year. We are both happy with our purchase. The quality is obviously not as good as extreme high end gear but for someone starting out or on a budget you cant beat the value. I think I paid $130 for a jacket and snow pants with Recco. Me and the wife have gone snowshoeing in -30 with no issues. My wife actually found her mountain warehouse coat warmer than her Columbia jacket.

If you are going to buy from them I highly recommend going to try their stuff on in store. I am normally XL/XXL and I had to buy a 3XL. Their sizes tend to be all over the place.
May 4, 2018
120 posts
57 upvotes
The quality is disappointing. Pay the extra for a decent brand.
Apr 11, 2017
54 posts
48 upvotes
There is FAMILY20 promo code that lower the price to $39.99 CAD. Plus 2.5% Cash Back from Rakuten
Apr 8, 2017
858 posts
586 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
Just more aliexpress level quality.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?