Home & Garden

(move post if wrong area) anyone who bought "mastercraft maximum" since 2013 delt with warranty exchange?

• Last Updated:
  • May 4th, 2019 3:00 am
[OP]
Jun 27, 2013
311 posts
60 upvotes
Markham

(move post if wrong area) anyone who bought "mastercraft maximum" since 2013 delt with warranty exchange?

I'm in this mess with owning mastercraft maximum tool kit since 2014 and tried to do an exchange for warranty and they gave me a mastercraft version only. Both version of 400 piece tool sets are the same product numbers but since then they've downgraded it to being only "mastercraft" instead of their "maximum" line. Now I originally purchased the 400 piece mastercraft-maximum 2013-2014 like some of you as I saw the deal posted on rfd. Can someone share their experience if they've been given a mastercraft or maximum equivalent replacement for individual tool or complete set? What a shit show ..
4 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
10899 posts
5246 upvotes
Brampton
Why/how did you exchange the whole set? Usually when something breaks they just exchange that one piece.
[OP]
Jun 27, 2013
311 posts
60 upvotes
Markham
tebore wrote: Why/how did you exchange the whole set? Usually when something breaks they just exchange that one piece.
I've done complete set replacement before for smaller sets and I've had the set for such a long time most of the tools were worn and or rusted, so I asked to replace the entire set instead
[OP]
Jun 27, 2013
311 posts
60 upvotes
Markham
But the question is would they replace them with mastercraft or maximum equivalent. Since the original tools were mastercraft "maximum"
[OP]
Jun 27, 2013
311 posts
60 upvotes
Markham
(delete thread, ended up selling the thing, gonna buy maximum or some other brand tool set)