Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
1262 posts
86 upvotes
oshawa

movers and cost

i plan to move on jun 30 from lawrence/dvp to steeles/don mills. we are moving from 3 bedroom townhome to another 3 bedroom townhome. what should i budget for moving costs? any recommendations for movers?
if you dont have an answer, dont repond to my thread.
I need answers, and thats why i use redflagdeals forums.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
1262 posts
86 upvotes
oshawa
What should I watch out for when I negotiate and hire a mover
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1691 posts
1029 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
junkone wrote: What should I watch out for when I negotiate and hire a mover
Learn from my "Cleaning Lady Hustling Me" thread. Be sure to be crystal clear about what you authorize in advance and what requires your authorization. Be sure to get an estimate for the total cost, including number of movers and duration. Be sure to cap the allowed overtime.
Some movers like to start charging you from the minute they wake up in the morning until the minute they are in their pajamas. I personally do not like to be charged for the time and gas it took for the movers to get to my place and to get back home, but that's up to you.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
1262 posts
86 upvotes
oshawa
I found a mover referred by my sister in law as she had used him before. he looked at my townhome . he states it might take max of 10 hours to move it and wants 950$ max. if he gets done faster, I can pocket the savings as it will be 95$ per person for 3 man crew. its bit over than what you folks have identified.
any suggestions on what options I have?
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
3149 posts
1334 upvotes
Windsor
GF's house is tiny, and we are packing the stuff ourselves, and she's paying $275 taxes in for a 15 km (15 minute) distance.

3 guys, said it would all be done in 2 hours ... said it would never go over that no matter how long they take. By myself, I could move her entire house (minus 1 couch) in about 4 hours ... stubborn GF.

Don't get a Craigslist mover, and move stuff like passports, CCs, expensive jewelry, etc in your own vehicle.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)