• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2017 3:36 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13338 posts
257 upvotes
Midland
Pretty disgusting movie.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
22001 posts
4456 upvotes
GTHA
nasa25 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 12:51 pm
Of course Doug has to be on cp24 flapping his gums about this movie......
Video: Doug Ford angry at film's depiction of late mayor Rob Ford
Ford believes the filmmakers are exploiting the late mayor's well documented drug problem. "He went and got help for that issue and we're proud of it. And anyone who wants to make a profit of someone else's illness - well, It's unfortunate for them."

Video: Canadian Film Fest founder defends movie based on Ford's crack scandal
"It's definitely going to be a crowd-pleaser, and topical," Bern Euler told CityNews. "While it is based on Rob Ford, it is a comedy..."
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2005
14720 posts
1012 upvotes
Thornhill
sherman51 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 8:08 am
From the trailer it looks like a horrible movie. Only people that will go see it are the haters that just want one last kick at the corpse.
What a stupid looking movie.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Sep 1, 2013
328 posts
80 upvotes
Mississauga
I may see it for Melinda Shankar; otherwise it seems to have little redeeming it, unless it's dramatically different than the trailer makes it out to be.

I say that as no great fan of Mr. Ford, whether as a politician or human being.
Last edited by TM2Megatron on Mar 8th, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 22, 2016
394 posts
43 upvotes
Ontario
The worst part of this garbage is that it prbly got tax credits or whatever crappy canadian films get to be made.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
2014 posts
357 upvotes
I despised Ford for using drugs and wasting his life, which was a life of privilege. But that was in the context of real life.

This movie is just terrible. They are making up several subplots that Rob Ford cannot refute, because he's dead. So disrespectful.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2006
3539 posts
1135 upvotes
Toronto
dealseaker101 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 12:55 am
Doesn't seem very tasteful considering Rob died.
:facepalm:
If we followed the same train of thought, hundreds of really good movies should have been never released because they are portraying or are based on real people that already died
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2006
3539 posts
1135 upvotes
Toronto
nasa25 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 12:51 pm
Of course Doug has to be on cp24 flapping his gums about this movie......
That family will do anything to appeal to the masses, and to keep their followers happy... are they also gonna show in the movie how Rob Ford managed to divide the city, encourage hatred against certain minorities, degrade women, bully his way up the ladder and shamelessly lie to everybody?
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9383 posts
661 upvotes
utterly tasteless, a comedy on a guy who passed away already from cancer.

What's next? a roast of rape victims?
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8807 posts
653 upvotes
GTA
Doug Ford should just keep quiet. No point in giving this film or film fest any attention... That is what they are hoping for...

I have seen some decent films at CFF in the past but they need to be more selective... I have seen some really crap films there too...
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel