• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2013 2:58 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 26, 2003
90 posts
17 upvotes

movietvworld.com..anybody know anything about it

shopping today and received a windshield promo for the site saying it has better stuff then netflix for only 4.98/month unlimited?

anyone know anything about it..google search didn't give me much
19 replies
Dec 3, 2012
786 posts
289 upvotes
Hongcouver
HOT DEAL!!

Work blocked the website...... Can't really tell...... Do they require you to do continous subscriptions? or make you buy so many months for that price?
I am always skeptic of these things because at least Netflix can run on my PS3 with American DNS......
CheapBuddy wrote:
Sep 4th, 2013 2:34 pm
thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Dec 3, 2012
786 posts
289 upvotes
Hongcouver
http://www.scamadviser.com/is-movietvwo ... -site.html
Is movietvworld.com a fake site ? Is movietvworld.com legit and trustworthy ?

This Very New Site Has an Unknown Reputation
Site is United States based , But The Real Location is Being Hidden

How did movietvworld.com get a Trust Score of 45% ?
When checking movietvworld.com we looked at many factors, such as the ownership details, location, popularity and other sites relating to reviews, threats, phishing etc. Although a site like may have a high trust rating, it's worth just checking the countries involved as these could indicate that goods would be shipped from abroad rather than your home country.

The internet is populated with many fake and scam sites - with many being created daily purely to look genuine. Even many review sites are tainted with fake reviews making it almost impossible for somedbody to detect a safe site from a scam. We attempt to analyse the website information and provide a trust guide that will help you determine the risk rating of movietvworld.
[ Click to see the free detailed trust review for movietvworld.com ]
CheapBuddy wrote:
Sep 4th, 2013 2:34 pm
thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Jul 18, 2008
175 posts
25 upvotes
I got one of these flyers too, yesterday they covered the Clarkson GO train station parking lot with them... I think it said you could watch on your smartphone Ipad etc. I can't remember if they said consoles.

Their website isn't very informative, however it allows you to sign up for a 3 day trial, but only if you give them credit card info etc.

I'm a little skeptical that what looks to be a small start up company got all the rights to these movies, tv shows and channels etc. when it looks like netflix hasn't been able to do so in years.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1064 posts
66 upvotes
It reeks like MagicTVCanada.
Avoid.
Jul 16, 2013
2 posts
I signed up after i found a flyer on my car too!

I thought it couldn't hurt to try as it was free for 3 days...

Literally anything i searched for was available to watch, for 5 bucks a month its a deal in my eyes :)

BTW DealPanda i tried it on my PS3 browser and it works, not sure about the xbox though cause i don't own one.
May 15, 2008
3 posts
2 upvotes
Got the following details off of the scamadvisor site.

Domain Age: 13 Days
Website Speed: Very Fast

Owner: WhoisGuard Protected
Owner Address: 11400 W. Olympic Blvd. Suite 200
Owner City: Los Angeles
Owner Postcode: 90064
Owner Country: United States
Website Location: United States

Probable website origin :-
85%; United States
15%; Netherlands

Notes:-
[Alert Result] The owner of the website is using a service to hide their identity
[Alert Result] This website is 13 Days old
[Alert Result] The website expected life (365 days) is relatively short.
[Alert Result] The website appears to be less than six months old

If you're a legit company why are you using a service to hide your identity. In business for 13 days and already expanding way up into Canada. Talk about explosive growth.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
32245 posts
5406 upvotes
bpopman wrote:
Jul 17th, 2013 2:33 pm
shopping today and received a windshield promo for the site saying it has better stuff then netflix for only 4.98/month unlimited?

anyone know anything about it..google search didn't give me much
Maybe it offers unlimited pron that Netflix doesn't? :)
Jul 16, 2013
2 posts
Video quality is really sharp too! :)

Heres a screenshot for anyone interested:

Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
32245 posts
5406 upvotes
jessica9 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2013 5:26 pm
I signed up after i found a flyer on my car too!

I thought it couldn't hurt to try as it was free for 3 days...

Literally anything i searched for was available to watch, for 5 bucks a month its a deal in my eyes :)

BTW DealPanda i tried it on my PS3 browser and it works, not sure about the xbox though cause i don't own one.
jessica9 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2013 6:35 pm
Video quality is really sharp too! :)

Heres a screenshot for anyone interested:

Thanks for signing up on RFD just today to let us know how satisfied you are Jessica.
Jul 17, 2013
1 posts
1 upvote
The site is just a facade to cloudload.com. You are not signing up for a legal tv shows and movie streaming service, but for a shared space in the cloud (10 GB - approx. one hd movie ripped with a good codec). You can search torrents, other sites, etc and download and store the show / movie on your account. I would stay away. Best case scenario, you download few low quality or very few high quality episodes and you run out of space - must pay more. Worst case scenario, god knows whom got you credit card info and what is it used for.
Aug 23, 2011
1 posts
1 upvote
Brampton
I got the flier too at Bramlea Go station. This defintely sounds like a scam. All the links point to billing page. And the billing page is not even their. Its for cloudload.com, an online storage which works weirdly. They let you search for movies/tv shows, and then download the file to your cloudload's account (which would be pirated copies, because it just search the web for content).

I guess they simply created a website claiming to have access to all the latest movies/shows. But it is just pirated content.

Do not signup.
Feb 26, 2005
249 posts
Oakville
bogbal wrote:
Jul 18th, 2013 7:32 pm
The site is just a facade to cloudload.com. You are not signing up for a legal tv shows and movie streaming service, but for a shared space in the cloud (10 GB - approx. one hd movie ripped with a good codec). You can search torrents, other sites, etc and download and store the show / movie on your account. I would stay away. Best case scenario, you download few low quality or very few high quality episodes and you run out of space - must pay more. Worst case scenario, god knows whom got you credit card info and what is it used for.
Why is this the best case scenario you described? You just delete what you've downloaded to keep space in your account. Here's their phone number 1-888-988-5496.
× < >