Home & Garden

Moving gas water heater/furnace exhaust and gas pipes in basement...steps?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2012 1:27 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 18, 2006
156 posts
8 upvotes

Moving gas water heater/furnace exhaust and gas pipes in basement...steps?

Hi
Looking to see if anyone can help me out. As the title says, I'm having a company come in to move the gas water heater and furnace exhaust a few inches higher in the ceiling in the basment to allow for more headroom as I am finishing it. Also. I am having them move a gas line a few inches over so I can gain some space for a wall. Aside from the tssa # what else should I look out for? Does any of this need to be inspected by gas people after it is done. I want to be ok with the house insurance so I will make sure to get a receipt and all. The company was recommended by a colleague. Thanks
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
3898 posts
994 upvotes
Toronto
What did TSSA say when you called them?
Dec 2, 2006
247 posts
31 upvotes
GTA West
mattd wrote:
Jul 5th, 2012 10:41 am
Hi
Looking to see if anyone can help me out. As the title says, I'm having a company come in to move the gas water heater and furnace exhaust a few inches higher in the ceiling in the basment to allow for more headroom as I am finishing it. Also. I am having them move a gas line a few inches over so I can gain some space for a wall. Aside from the tssa # what else should I look out for? Does any of this need to be inspected by gas people after it is done. I want to be ok with the house insurance so I will make sure to get a receipt and all. The company was recommended by a colleague. Thanks
Do you mind me asking what they are charging you for this?
[OP]
Feb 18, 2006
156 posts
8 upvotes
whitestar wrote:
Jul 5th, 2012 11:22 am
Do you mind me asking what they are charging you for this?
Pm'd
[OP]
Feb 18, 2006
156 posts
8 upvotes
hitman_24 wrote:
Jul 5th, 2012 10:58 am
What did TSSA say when you called them?
I haven't called yet. I suppose just call with their number and ask what licenses try have? And in good standing.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
3898 posts
994 upvotes
Toronto
mattd wrote:
Jul 5th, 2012 11:32 am
I haven't called yet. I suppose just call with their number and ask what licenses try have? And in good standing.
I also meant as to whether or not there needs to be an inspection, but it most likely will not
[OP]
Feb 18, 2006
156 posts
8 upvotes
hitman_24 wrote:
Jul 5th, 2012 1:15 pm
I also meant as to whether or not there needs to be an inspection, but it most likely will not
Yes I called enbridge and they said that if it is done by a licensed gas fitter than no need for inspection
× < >