• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2012 5:10 am
Tags:
None
Oct 24, 2003
614 posts
32 upvotes

Moving to Mississauga

Hi there, My wife and I are looking into renting an apartment in Mississauga. Just wondering what areas we should stay away from? We're currently in Etobicoke and don't know much about the Mississauga area. We're looking at 2100 Sherobee Road as a possibility does anyone have any input on this building good or bad and how is the area ?

Thanks!
5 replies
May 14, 2010
581 posts
102 upvotes
Mississauga
that street seems kinda run down and a little ghetto to me. If I was looking for a condo I would probably stay away from that street north to dundas around Hurontario probably right to Confederation around the hospital.

What are your requirements for a residence?
Oct 24, 2003
614 posts
32 upvotes
dor79 wrote: that street seems kinda run down and a little ghetto to me. If I was looking for a condo I would probably stay away from that street north to dundas around Hurontario probably right to Confederation around the hospital.

What are your requirements for a residence?
Ok, Thanks for the heads up on that. I currently live in Rexdale so I'm thinking it can't be much worse then here. We need something close to the highway for work. We don't want a basement apartment, 1 bedroom in the $1100 to $1300 range and it has to be pet friendly. We've looked at 3 places already and didn't care much for them.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3971 posts
386 upvotes
Stay away from the following areas:

- Colonial/Collegeway
- Acorn Place (all bldgs)
- Roach Court
- Sherobee Rd
- 30 Hansen Rd
- 20 Ceremonial Drive

Try:
- Mississauga Valley Blvd
- Kaneff Crescent

... those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
Jan 21, 2011
96 posts
11 upvotes
kingpounds2002 wrote: Ok, Thanks for the heads up on that. I currently live in Rexdale so I'm thinking it can't be much worse then here. We need something close to the highway for work. We don't want a basement apartment, 1 bedroom in the $1100 to $1300 range and it has to be pet friendly. We've looked at 3 places already and didn't care much for them.
Which highways do you need to be close to? If its the QEW, the buildings at Cawthra & North Service are slightly better than the ones you see going more towards hurontario. Bloor & Dixie is alright, the ones on Williamsport are not too bad. 1470 Williamsport Dr doesn't look the best outside, but the units are okay. The buildings on Mississauga Valley (1477, 1547, 142) are nice, they incl central air as well. Same with Kaneff (3620, 3575). Also, the buildings near Rathurn and Ponytrail, across from Longo's are nice, and aren't too far from the 427 and 403.

Avoid most buildings on Paisley, as most of them have roach and bedbug problems.

The buildings on Argyle (Confederation & Dundas) are a decent size inside. Close to the QEW.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5335 posts
3149 upvotes
A Place to Stand
Where you are thinking is fine. North of that it gets sketchy. Dundas/Hurontario has always been known as a bit of a dive. And I agree with avoiding Roche Court (Erin Mills Pkwy/QEW) that an above poster mentioned. A Peel police officer friend of mine said that the cops avoid going in there if they can, as the "stop snitchin'" types rain debris down on the cruisers from the apartment balconies above.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)